Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Thanks! Hopefully they are in the mood to look it up.

I will not be able to get an international boarding pass until I check in at JFK later in the evening.
I don't know if you've down already or not, but I've done this several times. I've flown Delta ticket ATL-JFK then a separate ticket on MU to PVG. My MU flights are always after midnight but within 24 hours of my DL flights. I simply explain to the SC agents in both ATL and JFK of my situation and show them my ticket confirmation email and I'm granted access after a few keyboards clicks. Never had a problem. Just arm yourself with kindness and the onward flight numbers.

Good luck!
Old May 30, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rogerhud
Any update on whether there still denying some FC pax entry on Canadian itinerary? Flying through MSP in a week just wanted to make sure. Thanks
For the moment, seems to vary based on which agent you get. I suspect it will become harder and harder as the new rule gets fully implemented. Never hurts to try if you are near the club
mnflyer58 likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: NW, Delta
I've had lifetime membership (transferred over from Northwest) for almost 20 years. Original email of changes said you had to be booked on Delta for entrance, then got an email that this didn't apply to lifetime members, which is good for us, but wondered why we get special privileges?
Old May 31, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by plummie d
I've had lifetime membership (transferred over from Northwest) for almost 20 years. Original email of changes said you had to be booked on Delta for entrance, then got an email that this didn't apply to lifetime members, which is good for us, but wondered why we get special privileges?
We can only speculate what had occurred between the initial announcement and the effective date of the policy change, but I believe Delta did the right thing. Airport lounges have existed since their first inception in 1939 and no one could have imagined how it would evolve over the years. As entry policies were more liberal pre-9/11 and beyond, having a flight requirement was just an afterthought. In addition to that, today's Delta Skyclub represents members of Western Airlines Horizon Club, Northwest Airlines WorldClub, and Delta Airlines' Crown Room, it was likely difficult to alienate any of its members and the policies. As there aren't too many existing lifetime members to begin with, decision was likely just to appease to its members. With ages of likely average of lifetime members being around 60 or perhaps 65, how would you treat your elders?

Jiburi
Old May 31, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by plummie d
My guess is that the answer lies in the rules in effect when it was purchased. While DL currently claims the right to change the terms of access at will, the terms of the lifetime membership when it was purchased may have not had the "change at will" provision or had wording precluding this particular change. With the lifetime members coming from multiple programs they would have to use the terms for the least restrictive version because it would be a nightmare sorting out which terms applied to which current lifetime member and properly enforcing it. Even if such wording was not in terms, DL may have decided that the PR/legal fees from someone challenging the change was not worth it.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by kjnangre
For the moment, seems to vary based on which agent you get. I suspect it will become harder and harder as the new rule gets fully implemented. Never hurts to try if you are near the club
MSP wouldn't let us in oh well next time if price is close I'll go back to United
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by rogerhud
MSP wouldn't let us in oh well next time if price is close I'll go back to United
That seems silly. DL with no lounge beats United with a lounge by a landslide.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kjnangre
That seems silly. DL with no lounge beats United with a lounge by a landslide.
UA is really working at improving. Before end of last year I had flown them once since CO bought them. Now I've flown multiple trips. AA is who I stay away from now. Luckily being from SAT switching my backup was fairly easy.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:07 am

If I'm flying first class from SLC to Boston connecting to London on Virgin Atlantic in premium economy, do I get to use the Delta Sky Club in SLC? We are platinum medallion members. I should also mention that our SLC to Boston trip is a red eye and I booked the Virgin ticket with Delta.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jramsey99
If I'm flying first class from SLC to Boston connecting to London on Virgin Atlantic in premium economy, do I get to use the Delta Sky Club in SLC? We are platinum medallion members. I should also mention that our SLC to Boston trip is a red eye and I booked the Virgin ticket with Delta.
Are the SLC-BOS and BOS-LHR segments on the same PNR itinerary? Is the VS flight coded to DL? It seems as a Plat on a DL-coded international itinerary you should. I punched in the scenario on LoungeBuddy and oddly it only says you'd have VS lounge access in BOS solely due to DL Plat status and nothing in SLC (LoungeBuddy, being a third party, isn't always accurate). I would say give it a shot and show your same-day and I presume linked international itinerary to the lounge dragon. This wouldn't be a case of embarrassment if you're denied as it seems somewhat of a grey area.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jramsey99
Yes you get lounge access to SC/VS Clubhouse when flying nonstop between the US and the UK when on DL/VS for the flight between US and UK.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:54 pm

I purchased round trip directly from Delta from SEA-ICN-BKK, SEA to ICN on Delta and ICN to BKK on Korean Air (all main cabin / economy).
My understanding, being Delta Gold Medallion member, I can use the Sky Club with one guest?
But travelling with wife and kid (11 years old), only one of them is allowed as a guest?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by cplunk
I purchased round trip directly from Delta from SEA-ICN-BKK, SEA to ICN on Delta and ICN to BKK on Korean Air (all main cabin / economy).
My understanding, being Delta Gold Medallion member, I can use the Sky Club with one guest?
But travelling with wife and kid (11 years old), only one of them is allowed as a guest?
Will your child fit in a suitcase?

Correct, you are allowed up to one guest. If you wish you bring more than one guest, you will have to pay their entry fee.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
In October I am flying LAS-LAX-CDG-LUX LAS-LAX in Delta W and the rest in AF Premium Economy. According to AF the lounge at LAX is the KAL lounge, however it doesn't look too good. As Flying Blue Gold (STE+) I should also have access to other ST lounges, which also DL.com suggests. Will I also have access to DL Sky Club at LAX? They look better than the KAL lounge.

Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by NLNO
In October I am flying LAS-LAX-CDG-LUX LAS-LAX in Delta W and the rest in AF Premium Economy. According to AF the lounge at LAX is the KAL lounge, however it doesn't look too good. As Flying Blue Gold (STE+) I should also have access to other ST lounges, which also DL.com suggests. Will I also have access to DL Sky Club at LAX? They look better than the KAL lounge.

Thanks!
As a STE+ traveling on a ST international itinerary, you do have access to the LAX SC. My experience with the LAX KL lounge is that it’s lousy so the LAX T2 SC is a big improvement. Your LAS-LAX flight might arrive in T3 and the temporary SCs there are rather cramped, but I still prefer either of them to the KL lounge (the “north” one has a little more room but you can try both as they’re close together). I would ensure at least 20 minutes of airside bus transit time between T2/T3 and the TBIT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.