Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:37 pm

I am flying delta metal JFK-MEX in the front cabin booked as an Aeromexico codeshare (AM flight number), booked through Aeromexico.

Will I have access to the SC in JFK?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, since it is a partner international business flight and not a DL FC flight.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
Yes, since it is a partner international business flight and not a DL FC flight.
You got it backwards. Poster is flying DL metal. No access unless SC agent believes otherwise. (The policy says no,, but multiple agents/managers think this was oversight)
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You got it backwards. Poster is flying DL metal. No access unless SC agent believes otherwise. (The policy says no,, but multiple agents/managers think this was oversight)
Sorry, overlooked the metal part. Yes, it's likely a YMMV situation for entrance as operating metal is the critical part.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Skyclub access for Amex Platinum holders is limited to Delta-operated flights, correct? So, what if the flight is Delta-operated, but marketed by KL/AF? Do you just present the physical card along with the boarding pass?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hotturnip
Skyclub access for Amex Platinum holders is limited to Delta-operated flights, correct? So, what if the flight is Delta-operated, but marketed by KL/AF? Do you just present the physical card along with the boarding pass?
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access

Yes, it must be DL operated, but not necessarily marketed (or a DL-marketed/WS-operated flight). If you have your DL Skymiles number on flight, system may automatically recognize you as a cardholder from your profile, but you should probably bring card along to present in case.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:25 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
… and then plan to wait an hour to get into the club
(thought I’d add this based on my Monday flight)
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
For a recent trip, the night before our departure, Mrs. SHIB discovered that she could not find her AMEX Reserve card (I am the primary member and she has a secondary card). I called AMEX to request a replacement card and later that evening received an email documenting that her replacement card was being processed.

I showed the email at the PHL club the next day and we were granted access without hassle. Ditto at the ATL B club that same day and again 3 days later.

On our return, an additional 2 days later (after 3 prior successes) we were told that the email was not sufficient, "but a one-time exception would be allowed".

We were then told that the three prior agents had made mistakes by letting us in. Further, we were told that if we had an email showing that we had signed up for a first-ever Reserve card that day, that email would grant access. But an email proving that a long-standing customer was awaiting a replacement card was not good enough (my wife has had the Reserve card for at least 5 years).

As the primary card holder, I don't even have to show my card. All the necessary information is linked to my SkyMiles account and scanning the boarding pass is sufficient. But DL/AMEX do not allow this convenience for secondary card holders. The logic for this is not evident.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect it is likely due to her card being tied to your Skymiles account as a secondary card. I'm not sure if it's possible for secondary cardholders to have their own Skymiles accounts associated with the secondary card.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 10:56 pm

Lounge question

Flying Delta One on return trip from Europe with a layover in SLC before final leg home. Will we be able to access the Sky Lounge in SLC?

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Yes, you will get access. Enjoy the SkyDeck in the SLC club!!!
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Well, since we have this nice thread here...

Same question, different credential:

If you're Platinum Medallion, departing from a partner airline in Europe, do you (and a guest) have lounge access? (Not D1).
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Well, since we have this nice thread here...

Same question, different credential:

If you're Platinum Medallion, departing from a partner airline in Europe, do you (and a guest) have lounge access? (Not D1).
As a Gold or higher on Delta, you qualify for Skyteam Elite Plus which should give you and a guest lounge access in one of their partners lounges.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...yteam-benefits
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by grizindabo24
Flying Delta One on return trip from Europe with a layover in SLC before final leg home. Will we be able to access the Sky Lounge in SLC?

Thanks
How long is the "layover"? Is your connection on the same day? Alternatively do you have a real stopover or multicity ticket? In fact, is everything on the same ticket/PNR?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How long is the "layover"? Is your connection on the same day? Alternatively do you have a real stopover or multicity ticket? In fact, is everything on the same ticket/PNR?
4 hours on a single ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.