Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Keith2004
I believe $29 is the rate for Delta Amex card too, at least that's what I paid in October
Correct. $29 is the price for both Gold/Platinum Delta SkyMiles AMEX cardholders and for guests accompanying Delta Reserve AMEX cardholders.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Correct. $29 is the price for both Gold/Platinum Delta SkyMiles AMEX cardholders and for guests accompanying Delta Reserve AMEX cardholders.

-FlyerBeek
Small technical point; being a cardholder isn't enough. You actually have to use the card for the transaction. (I have the DL one but wanted to put a day pass on a different card; they wanted the full $59 in that case.)
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Yes and you must physically show the card as well. They have no way of billing it to your account, even if it is stored with Delta. Or that was the case a few years ago anyways.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by koreanair720
Small technical point; being a cardholder isn't enough. You actually have to use the card for the transaction. (I have the DL one but wanted to put a day pass on a different card; they wanted the full $59 in that case.)
I had the opposite experience with my Amex Plat card, as the lady let my friend charge the fee on his personal CC for $29.

Also a question...if I have the Amex Plat and the Amex Delta Reserve, can I use both to get me and a guest in for free(if flying Delta)?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Also a question...if I have the Amex Plat and the Amex Delta Reserve, can I use both to get me and a guest in for free(if flying Delta)?
Unfortunately, no. I have two separate DL Reserve cards (plus AMEX Platinum) that provide lounge access but since they're all in my name I cannot use the other ones to guest in my companion.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I had the opposite experience with my Amex Plat card, as the lady let my friend charge the fee on his personal CC for $29.

No (fortunately since the Skyclubs are overcrowded as it is). The Plat doesn't get you in for free anway. You can use the Reserve to get yourself in free and then pay $29 to guest your friend in.

If you are a diamond there is a choice benefit where you can guest in two people in time when you are flying if you have another means to enter like an Am Ex card or lifetime membership
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
No (fortunately since the Skyclubs are overcrowded as it is). The Plat doesn't get you in for free anway. You can use the Reserve to get yourself in free and then pay $29 to guest your friend in.

If you are a diamond there is a choice benefit where you can guest in two people in time when you are flying if you have another means to enter like an Am Ex card or lifetime membership
The regular Amex plat(not delta plat) does get you in for free when flying delta.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
The regular Amex plat(not delta plat) does get you in for free when flying delta.
Sorry misread that as a Delta Plat Am Ex. But having both won't allow you to guest someone in. I have a Delta Reserve which includes free access and a SkyClub membership by being diamond but I can't guest anyone in.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:06 pm
SLL

Programs: DL-Gold Hilton-Diamond
Last several years I have purchased Delta Sky passes on Ebay for my parents when they go on a trip for their anniversary. For some reason I don't see anyone as of now selling any. Anyone have any idea why?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SLL
Last several years I have purchased Delta Sky passes on Ebay for my parents when they go on a trip for their anniversary. For some reason I don't see anyone as of now selling any. Anyone have any idea why?
They only sell single visit passes now. You must be there ready to enter to purchase one.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:16 pm
SLL

Programs: DL-Gold Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
They only sell single visit passes now. You must be there ready to enter to purchase one.
Yup always seen a handful of sellers for a few years having 1 day passes, and this summer nothing, thus was curious if anyone knew why there are none and or way less "in the system" etc.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SLL
Yup always seen a handful of sellers for a few years having 1 day passes, and this summer nothing, thus was curious if anyone knew why there are none and or way less "in the system" etc.
DL did away with "day" passes a couple years ago. Anything you see on Ebay that says Day Pass on it is almost certainly a counterfeit (any valid day passes would have expired by now). It's possible that DL cracked down on the forgers. Delta still provides single visit passes via it's Sky Bonus program. You might see those pop up once in awhile on Ebay.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: OnePass, Delta
PHL-MSP-ANC Sky Club Access???

Hello all,

No status, yet have a FC ticket on the above itin. This does grant us entry at both PHL & MSP, correct?

Safe travels.

TIA - bo1953
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bo1953
Hello all,

No status, yet have a FC ticket on the above itin. This does grant us entry at both PHL & MSP, correct?

Safe travels.

TIA - bo1953
Nope, no lounge access for domestic paid F flights. Status doesn't matter either. Only domestic D1 routes get access for passengers up front (JFK-LAX/SFO, BOS-SFO, DCA-LAX).
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: OnePass, Delta
Originally Posted by LBJ
Nope, no lounge access for domestic paid F flights. Status doesn't matter either. Only domestic D1 routes get access for passengers up front (JFK-LAX/SFO, BOS-SFO, DCA-LAX).
L - thank you for the info....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.