Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Thanks for the quick reply. Is there more than one AF lounge and if so, a better one to hit than another?
You will only get access to the lounge in the concourse from which your flight departs, as you can only get through security towards the specific concourse from which you are departing. I find the AF lounges far better than DL's, and the ones that have been renovated (think 2K and 2M) are great. Also note that Clarins usually offers free 30 minute treatments (facial, massage) during the week (don't know about August, since France is on vacation), so if interested ask where the sign in sheet is and sign up asap.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
I was flying JFK - DCA the other day (no fly before/after) and wanted to go yo the Delta Sky Club lounge at JFK Terminal 4. I showed my Air France KLM Platinum Amex Card and I've been told that the lounge access is only offered to the holders of a Platinum Amex Card that is not co-branded with an airline. As far as I've been able to see on Delta's website, they are only talking about Amex card co-branded with Delta. Did I miss something?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
I was flying JFK - DCA the other day (no fly before/after) and wanted to go yo the Delta Sky Club lounge at JFK Terminal 4. I showed my Air France KLM Platinum Amex Card and I've been told that the lounge access is only offered to the holders of a Platinum Amex Card that is not co-branded with an airline. As far as I've been able to see on Delta's website, they are only talking about Amex card co-branded with Delta. Did I miss something?
Indeed. The co-branded Platinum and Platinum credit cards do not allow for Skyclub access (this includes the Delta Platinum). The only Amex cards which provide Skyclub access are the Amex Platinum Charge and the Amex Delta Reserve.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, they are not just talking about DL branded Plat Amex cards. You have to check the benefits for the specific AMEX card you are issued. I checked the benefits listed for the FB Platinum AMEX and it says nothing about DL lounge access. The benefits listed for the US issued unbranded Platinum AMEX are specific to that card.

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 8, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The only blanket AMEX Platinum benefit is for US AMEX Platinum cards that aren't branded. Any card issued outside the US must have a specific benefit granting the holders access by AMEX.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The only blanket AMEX Platinum benefit is for US AMEX Platinum cards that aren't branded.
One minor correction: the Mercedes-Benz branded AMEX Platinum card also qualifies for access.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
One minor correction: the Mercedes-Benz branded AMEX Platinum card also qualifies for access.

-FlyerBeek
Thus why I said the only blanket policy is for US AMEX unbranded plats. Of course there's plenty of non-US and US branded cards that can qualify out side that blanky covering. Just can't make a blanket statement on them as some do and some don't.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:51 pm
Original Member

JFK-PHX - I have found some references that you get access to the Sky Club (when in F/J) since that is considered "Domestic Transcon" - but when I looked at the Delta website, it seems that transcon is now just defined as LAX/SFO. Just wanted to see if I had access - or had to use Wingtips. Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

No they got rid of that benefit awhile ago.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
You don't have access to the Sky Club, unless you're on an international ticket, i.e. DUB-JFK-PHX.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by berliner5000
You don't have access to the Sky Club, unless you're on an international ticket, i.e. DUB-JFK-PHX.
NO, D1 on the JFK to/from SFO/LAX gives access.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by berliner5000
Totally incorrect. You get SC access if 1)flying D1, including JFK-LAX/SFO, 2)have SC membership, or 3)are Skyteam ElitePlus and flying an international flight, excluding US-Caribbean flights.

Flying Y doesn't give access even if part of an international reservation.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You also get access when flying any DL flight if you show a regular AmEx Platinum or Centurion charge card or the DL Reserve credit card.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:49 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
NO, D1 on the JFK to/from SFO/LAX gives access.
the way I read that was "if you're flying JFK-PHX, you don't have access unless you're on an international trip such as DUB-JFK-PHX" in which case, he's correct (barring some other access method).
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pvn
the way I read that was "if you're flying JFK-PHX, you don't have access unless you're on an international trip such as DUB-JFK-PHX" in which case, he's correct (barring some other access method).
Don't have access unless your flying D1 DUB-JFK. Simply flying international doesn't in itself grant access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.