Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:24 pm

Programs: UAL, Marriott,
Smile JFK SC & Z-class int'l

Similar question to above posters, first time Delta flyer (as in first time ever in almost 40 years!) but flying JFK-BCN on Delta Metal in Z-Business, not First. The website on Delta says something about "Delta One Premier" but am not familiar with what that designation is.

Is there SC access and how is SC Lounge in JFK? I have been a *A flyer for most of my adult life so am only familiar with UA & Air Canada lounges.

Thanks for your responses in advance. Safe Travels.

-Todd
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by drtoddchang
Similar question to above posters, first time Delta flyer (as in first time ever in almost 40 years!) but flying JFK-BCN on Delta Metal in Z-Business, not First. The website on Delta says something about "Delta One Premier" but am not familiar with what that designation is.

Is there SC access and how is SC Lounge in JFK? I have been a *A flyer for most of my adult life so am only familiar with UA & Air Canada lounges.

Thanks for your responses in advance. Safe Travels.

-Todd
DL has no IFC, just like UA plans on doing away with it. D1 is the name for the J cabin. Just like currently UA calls it BusinessFirst. Of course get access. The T4 SC is a large lounge, with hot food items (normally some type of chicken), drinks, etc.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by drtoddchang
flying JFK-BCN on Delta Metal in Z-Business, not First. The website on Delta says something about "Delta One Premier" but am not familiar with what that designation is.

Is there SC access and how is SC Lounge in JFK?
"Delta One" is Delta's marketing name for international (and some TCON) business class.

You'll have SC access; the T4 club is pretty nice, good views, and the Sky Deck if it's warm enough T2 not so much (but not awful) although you probably won't have to worry about that.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Well, looks like LWBHBF and I got into CVG's Sky Club fine on my second cardholder's AmEx. Our flight boards at 6:55 and I'm about to leave to get Chick-Fil-A and complain about a lack of wifi on our previous flight. With the access price, it comes out to about $40 for breakfast. Then again, we just left Vegas, so it's a pretty cheap one.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by edweird
My upgraded ATL-SJO BE X ticket was good enough to get into the ATL E concourse without having to swipe my Plat AMEX.
Is it still the case that flying DL in 'business' from SJO to ATL gets one into their DL lounge of choice (at ATL)?

On a related front, how busy might ATL B club be around 8 pm tomorrow night (Wed)?

Last edited by Xeno; Dec 6, 2016 at 6:48 am
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Xeno
Is it still the case that flying DL in 'business' from SJO to ATL gets one into their DL lounge of choice (at ATL)?

On a related front, how busy might ATL B club be around 8 pm tomorrow night (Wed)?
Yes. Only flights to Caribbean are excluded from international flights that J passengers get access.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:29 pm

Will I have Skyclub Access

Hi all,

I searched the forums and read the delta T&C, but I wasn't sure. All the older posts seem to be when flights were labeled as Business Elite instead of Delta One.

I'm flying from Cancun in business (CUN-MCO-LAX), but it is not explicitly labeled delta one. I know Mexico counts as an international itinerary for Skyclub access, but wasn't sure "Business/ First" counts. Does anyone know or does it explicitly have to be labeled a "Delta One" flight? Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by UCitiFlyer
Hi all,

I searched the forums and read the delta T&C, but I wasn't sure. All the older posts seem to be when flights were labeled as Business Elite instead of Delta One.

I'm flying from Cancun in business (CUN-MCO-LAX), but it is not explicitly labeled delta one. I know Mexico counts as an international itinerary for Skyclub access, but wasn't sure "Business/ First" counts. Does anyone know or does it explicitly have to be labeled a "Delta One" flight? Thanks!
Yes, access based on being in FC. If GM or higher get access based on being STE+
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:30 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes. Only flights to Caribbean are excluded from international flights that J passengers get access.
Hi.

Planning a trip from YUL-FPO looking at DL J. I used to be *A, so I know their rules. I also flew AA and know that this itinerary does not allow lounge access.

From my understanding, FPO is excluded but the YUL (Canada) segment should give me access.

Can anyone confirm if I am correct: Despite flying to the Caribbean, the fact flights originate/terminate in Canada should give me access to the lounge in ATL?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PLeblond
Hi.

Planning a trip from YUL-FPO looking at DL J. I used to be *A, so I know their rules. I also flew AA and know that this itinerary does not allow lounge access.

From my understanding, FPO is excluded but the YUL (Canada) segment should give me access.

Can anyone confirm if I am correct: Despite flying to the Caribbean, the fact flights originate/terminate in Canada should give me access to the lounge in ATL?
Correct, flights to/from Canada where you are in the F cabin for the transborder segment provides lounge access. Your final destination doesn't matter.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LBJ
Correct, flights to/from Canada where you are in the F cabin for the transborder segment provides lounge access. Your final destination doesn't matter.
Can be in Y if STE+ (GM or higher).
Old May 7, 2017, 11:12 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by LBJ
Thanks
Old May 10, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
I know SkyClub-on-arrival questions have been asked a million times, but how does it work if connecting to a non-partner?

AMS-PDX in D1
PDX-GEG on Alaska (Q400 w/o F cabin)

Can I use the Sky Club in PDX?
IIRC, you can use the Sky Club on arrival if connecting to a SkyTeam flight, but Alaska isn't even a partner now.

I don't think I can use the Alaska Lounge as my next flight isn't in F - even though it isn't even an option.
Old May 10, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by sturges
I know SkyClub-on-arrival questions have been asked a million times, but how does it work if connecting to a non-partner?

AMS-PDX in D1
PDX-GEG on Alaska (Q400 w/o F cabin)

Can I use the Sky Club in PDX?
IIRC, you can use the Sky Club on arrival if connecting to a SkyTeam flight, but Alaska isn't even a partner now.

I don't think I can use the Alaska Lounge as my next flight isn't in F - even though it isn't even an option.
You should be given access to the sky club at pdx since you're traveling in S1. Just make sure to keep your boarding pass for entry
Old May 11, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
SkyClub Individual Membership - Two guests or spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 for $29 per guest per club visit

I am traveling with my wife and my almost 2yr old and my 3mos old. They make it sound like I can only bring up to 2 guest... I'd assume kids 2yr and younger a 3mos old would have no charge? Or maybe the front desk workers realize something like this? Haven't taken the entire family yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.