Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan basic
Hi all. Flying D1 ICN-DTW in early September. Never been to Korea before so wondering if I can access the KAL Prestige Lounge or if there's a different lounge for D1 pax?

Thanks!

Last edited by Gquie; Jul 18, 2017 at 11:37 pm
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gquie
Hi all. Flying D1 ICN-DTW in early September. Never been to Korea before so wondering if I can access the KAL Prestige Lounge or if there's a different lounge for D1 pax?
I can't answer the question based on personal experience but when I look up Sky Club access for ICN in the Delta app and on DL.com, it looks like you would have access to a lounge in Terminal A, 4th Floor, near Gate 115 which, according to the terminal map is a KAL lounge.

Hopefully someone will confirm this. I have a layover in ICN on my way to SIN this December so I am planning to access this lounge myself.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Ultimately, my query is about reviews of the MCO SC.

I think in the last 10 years, next week will be only the second trip with my spouse as my companion. We will be part of a conference (not on vacation) and a week from Sunday do MCO-ATL-OKC.

The ATL layover is 3 hours so I will use my AMEX to pay $29 for her to gain SC access there. However, she tends to run late and when we arrive at the MCO airport I will have CLEAR/PreCheck and she will have neither.

In light of the day passes having given way to 'single visit passes', just in case we arrive early is the MCO lounge worth $29 or will it likely be overrun with loud groups on vacation?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Croptop
I can't answer the question based on personal experience but when I look up Sky Club access for ICN in the Delta app and on DL.com, it looks like you would have access to a lounge in Terminal A, 4th Floor, near Gate 115 which, according to the terminal map is a KAL lounge.

Hopefully someone will confirm this. I have a layover in ICN on my way to SIN this December so I am planning to access this lounge myself.
Thanks for your help! Apparently there are at least 2 KAL lounges at ICN one that is the main KAL Prestige lounge where they send their own business customers and there's another in a satellite terminal that is decidedly less nice. The 2nd one is apparently a priority pass lounge. I've done some research about it and it isnt one of the highest rated lounges I'll just say.

I searched on the skyteam website and it says Delta passengers can use both lounges so I'm hoping that info is accurate.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Thanks for your help! Apparently there are at least 2 KAL lounges at ICN one that is the main KAL Prestige lounge where they send their own business customers and there's another in a satellite terminal that is decidedly less nice. The 2nd one is apparently a priority pass lounge. I've done some research about it and it isnt one of the highest rated lounges I'll just say.

I searched on the skyteam website and it says Delta passengers can use both lounges so I'm hoping that info is accurate.
If you are on Delta flying business class international you should have access to either lounge. If you are in coach as a skyteam elite member they may not give access to the business class lounge if you are in coach.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:32 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Xeno
Ultimately, my query is about reviews of the MCO SC.

I think in the last 10 years, next week will be only the second trip with my spouse as my companion. We will be part of a conference (not on vacation) and a week from Sunday do MCO-ATL-OKC.

The ATL layover is 3 hours so I will use my AMEX to pay $29 for her to gain SC access there. However, she tends to run late and when we arrive at the MCO airport I will have CLEAR/PreCheck and she will have neither.

In light of the day passes having given way to 'single visit passes', just in case we arrive early is the MCO lounge worth $29 or will it likely be overrun with loud groups on vacation?
One of the better lounges and typically very quiet all the times I have been there, except for Saturday mornings when the cruise ships dock or the vacationers head home.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, there are 3 KE lounges at ICN. There's a First and regular lounge in the main terminal and a regular lounge in the satellite terminal (terminal A) where the Delta flights depart from. Pretty sure you cannot use the First lounge as that's reserved for KE First Class passengers. You can use both of the regular lounges in the main terminal and the satellite terminal. I've been in both and don't think there's that big of a difference. The main terminal one might be a little nicer, but not by leaps and bounds.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
One of the better lounges and typically very quiet all the times I have been there, except for Saturday mornings when the cruise ships dock or the vacationers head home.
Thanks. This will help me decide which now depends on when my spouse gets through security.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:13 am

What about "The Club" lounge by the Delta gates? I've used their new lounge by the Jetblue gates and it's not too bad.

Also, if you're Precheck and on the same reservation then she will most likely get it as well.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Seth Moore
What about "The Club" lounge by the Delta gates? I've used their new lounge by the Jetblue gates and it's not too bad.

Also, if you're Precheck and on the same reservation then she will most likely get it as well.
Is this particular "Club" covered by PP rather than my DL DM membership?

I know she might get PreCheck but I was not counting on this for her timeline since she prefers to show up as late as possible like almost missing her flights.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If you are on Delta flying business class international you should have access to either lounge. If you are in coach as a skyteam elite member they may not give access to the business class lounge if you are in coach.
No status with Skyteam but am travelling in D1 so hopefully that's enough to get me in!

Originally Posted by LBJ
Actually, there are 3 KE lounges at ICN. There's a First and regular lounge in the main terminal and a regular lounge in the satellite terminal (terminal A) where the Delta flights depart from. Pretty sure you cannot use the First lounge as that's reserved for KE First Class passengers. You can use both of the regular lounges in the main terminal and the satellite terminal. I've been in both and don't think there's that big of a difference. The main terminal one might be a little nicer, but not by leaps and bounds.
I'm ok with not being let into the FCL. Happy to hear that I can use either main terminal and concourse A lounge. I've heard that the food in main terminal lounge is better but maybe it is the same. Im mainly looking for some good views and some extra space where I can enjoy a drink before the flight. Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:35 pm

Is this particular "Club" covered by PP rather than my DL DM membership?

I know she might get PreCheck but I was not counting on this for her timeline since she prefers to show up as late as possible like almost missing her flights.
It's covered by PP, I'm making the bold assumption that you have a PP membership...
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:00 pm

I do have PP so spouse would cost $29 for either SC or "The Club".
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:08 am

I do have PP so spouse would cost $29 for either SC or "The Club".
I guess I was also assuming you could get guests in for free... I'm not sure I'd pay $29 for the club unless you really valued slightly more peace and quiet, but I'm also pretty cheap.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Seth Moore
I guess I was also assuming you could get guests in for free... I'm not sure I'd pay $29 for the club unless you really valued slightly more peace and quiet, but I'm also pretty cheap.
The SC at MCO is pretty dated, but they do have a decent (standard) SC buffet offering. Also, at the times we've been there in the afternoons, they've come around with hot hors d'oeuvres. Too bad the UC and AC are in a different terminal; both standard memberships offers free guests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.