Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
While I agree that this devalues the F product, I think you're wildly overstating what an F ticket to canada costs.

Depends when you fly - the flight I referenced above was over $700 return for Toronto-Atlanta bought several weeks in advance (wish the dates I traveled were that cheap!)
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Question: We're taking a big family trip at the end of May. For Skyclub access - I can get 2 of my kids in for $29 each but I still need to get access for my husband. If he's flying in D1 upgraded using cash from C+ will he get free access on all of our layovers? Or only the one in JFK before D1 flight to MXP?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IDtoTX
Question: We're taking a big family trip at the end of May. For Skyclub access - I can get 2 of my kids in for $29 each but I still need to get access for my husband. If he's flying in D1 upgraded using cash from C+ will he get free access on all of our layovers? Or only the one in JFK before D1 flight to MXP?
He will get access at all layovers with same-day D1 ticket.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:59 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Diamond with the free sky club choice benefit. I am looking to upgrade to the executive membership. A few questions, 1. is it still 2 guests or entire family? 2. How much is the upgrade? 3. Would the upgrade run for a full year, be prorated until the end of my medallion year, or will I be charged full price but only have exec. membership until end of year? Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Diamond with the free sky club choice benefit. I am looking to upgrade to the executive membership. A few questions, 1. is it still 2 guests or entire family? 2. How much is the upgrade? 3. Would the upgrade run for a full year, be prorated until the end of my medallion year, or will I be charged full price but only have exec. membership until end of year? Thanks!
Not sure if it is still an option. The upgrade would be co-terminus with your existing membership (it does not extend it). There were some reports last year of getting the upgrade for 23K miles.

Upgrade Skyclub membership to Executive?

Did you try logging into your account and going here and seeing if there is an offer? https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purcha...Request.action
Old May 1, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by xliioper
He will get access at all layovers with same-day D1 ticket.
Thanks xliioper!
Old May 3, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
Since it has not been yet reported, SLC club is denying access to Canada and Mexico First passenger unless you have a membership.

She was nice and let me in anyway.
I just had the same experience in the PHX SC. I guess I'll stop buying last-minute $900 DL F PHX-SEA-YVR one-ways...

​​​​It's funny because I always order a macallan or two, which presumably is also revenue for DL... And always snicker at the free chili they're pumping into premium pax before flight.

Was really hoping for a shower here... Sweltering hot PHX, no shower.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
It is the entire family, if you choose it as an option it is not prorated, if you buy it with miles/ dollars I think they will prorate it. It will expire on Jan 31, I got caught up on the new ( last year or two) of trying to link SC to the status year. I had been grandfathered in and had a prior membership that the system has eventually lost about 6 months of my SC. That was prior to the DL NWA merger, Since Diamonds have always been given or had an option for SC.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
While I agree that this devalues the F product, I think you're wildly overstating what an F ticket to canada costs.

The problem with your example is everything is based on City pairs, so some cities Canada is priced like a US city in others it is a pretty pricey proposition. A lot of people fly into Buffalo for that reason.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:16 am
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, UA PLT
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
I said I’d report the result of my no-status friends attempting to enter the SC on an LAX-Mexico itinerary with F tickets. The answer is yes they got in, but not necessarily due to their F ticket. The BP incorrectly indicated they were Gold - when they purchased the tickets in January they were Gold but are not anymore. Perhaps this is an ongoing issue and there are probably other threads about this.
Can report another LAX Mexico First Class rejection at the Sky Club. Got denied at 545 AM May 4. Both of us were without status and may stay this way if reduced service levels are the norm.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Can I use miles to pay for admission in lieu of the $29 w/ my Delta Amex Plat? Delta on Twitter says yes, but they also stated "500 miles" which I HIGHLY doubt. Thanks!
Old May 7, 2019, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by griffy208
Can I use miles to pay for admission in lieu of the $29 w/ my Delta Amex Plat? Delta on Twitter says yes, but they also stated "500 miles" which I HIGHLY doubt. Thanks!
I doubt it. The single visit passes used to be $59 or 5,000 miles, but those have been discontinued (perhaps agent saw that and left out a zero). There is nothing on the DL website about being able to use miles as an option with the DL Amex Plat card.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
I doubt it. The single visit passes used to be $59 or 5,000 miles, but those have been discontinued (perhaps agent saw that and left out a zero). There is nothing on the DL website about being able to use miles as an option with the DL Amex Plat card.
Twitter did come back and clarify that I could get in for 2500 Skymiles. I plan to try this. Can anyone speak to their experience with this?
Old May 8, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I thought the fee had to be charged to the card swiped. Ie you couldn't give another card for payment.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I thought the fee had to be charged to the card swiped. Ie you couldn't give another card for payment.
I wouldn't use another card - it would either be cash, miles, or the DL amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.