Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta, Air France and KLM Announce Final Steps toward Fare Class Alignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 2:20 pm

What happens to bookings in S?

Originally Posted by akonradi
I have a few S fares booked for travel in March and beyond. Will the change in late February automatically map these existing reservations into Z inventory, or will they stay in S?

Since I credit my travel to partner programs, which have tendencies to be very slow in updating their earning tables, I'm hoping that I won't need to jump through hoops in order to receive proper mileage after the realignment of fare classes.
I have the same question! Will my flight still be in businesselite? Will the reservation still say S?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
EF lets you select RU and OU as a fare class in its Award and Upgrade search.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
haha, I'm disappointed to see that S isn't a new deep-discounted fare code with L, U and T
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by smachiz
haha, I'm disappointed to see that S isn't a new deep-discounted fare code with L, U and T
A missed opportunity for DL...
Old Jan 26, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
So will this benefit us in any way?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
My UG window opened this evening for travel next Saturday AM. EF shows RU7 on my flight. No UG confirmed. If I pretend to "book" my exact flight again DL.dumb shows UG eligible though it should be available..

THOUGH the plane is EMPTY. FCM is in full force. Cheapest fare is B for $739 and First(P) is $798.
Anyone else experiencing this for travel on or after Jan 30th? Should I contact DL or just wait it out?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mridley2
My UG window opened this evening for travel next Saturday AM. EF shows RU7 on my flight. No UG confirmed. If I pretend to "book" my exact flight again DL.dumb shows UG eligible though it should be available..

THOUGH the plane is EMPTY. FCM is in full force. Cheapest fare is B for $739 and First(P) is $798.
Anyone else experiencing this for travel on or after Jan 30th? Should I contact DL or just wait it out?
Though the upgrade sweeps start at 5:00 PM EST today, the website won't switch over to "Upgrade Available" until midnight. As far as the sweep, I'd give it another hour or so. Some days it seems like it takes upwards of 2 hours to run.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

After reading the fare realignment thread I still don't understand one thing and I'm hoping EF Voice or Dwayne will be able to answer:

What will be the new bucket for upgrades with miles/SWUs (both domestic and international) and will we still be able to see that on EF separately from the complementary UG buckets?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by javabytes
Though the upgrade sweeps start at 5:00 PM EST today, the website won't switch over to "Upgrade Available" until midnight. As far as the sweep, I'd give it another hour or so. Some days it seems like it takes upwards of 2 hours to run.
you're right about Upgrade Available showing after midnight. DL.dumb now shows UG Available though my UG hasn't cleared. I'll wait until the 5pm sweep today (which is officially T-5 from departure) and I'll tweet DeltaAssist if it doesn't clear this evening.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
you're right about Upgrade Available showing after midnight. DL.dumb now shows UG Available though my UG hasn't cleared. I'll wait until the 5pm sweep today (which is officially T-5 from departure) and I'll tweet DeltaAssist if it doesn't clear this evening.
When I've tried to call, I've had agents and supervisors refuse to do the upgrade manually before the five day window because this is the published benefit, although I called just after the T-6 processing time. I don't know whether they might have done it the following morning, on day five, but before the time of the customary sweep.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:29 pm

My UG did not clear today though EF is still showing RU inventory on my flights for Saturday. I tweeted DLAssist and the response. "Even though your window is open FC inventory for medallion UG is internally controlled to allow paying FC customers to purchase tix . So your UG will not process until inventory is available for medallion UG's. "

I responded that I understand that process but I could see using Expert flyer that RU upgrade inventory was available and to please take another look at my reservation.

Again DeltaAssist comes back with same inventory control and medallion availability blah blah. First time deltaAssist has not been at the top of their game.

So I called PM line and after getting the same canned response I asked the agent if she could see RU inventory available. She said surprisingly yes so why hasn't your UG cleared. And asked if i could please hold while she investigates?

So she comes back and says that's its not yet within 5 days of my flight including flight day. She says my window won't open until tomorrow evening. I asked if the UG window rules have changed she said no. I pushed further and she said she had talked with a supervisor, IT support & sky miles support and they all confirmed the 5 day window was not open.

What say you FTers?? I call BS
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
your first sweep should be sunday

My UG did not clear today though EF is still showing RU inventory on my flights for Saturday. I tweeted DLAssist and the response. "Even though your window is open FC inventory for medallion UG is internally controlled to allow paying FC customers to purchase tix . So your UG will not process until inventory is available for medallion UG's. "

I responded that I understand that process but I could see using Expert flyer that RU upgrade inventory was available and to please take another look at my reservation.

Again DeltaAssist comes back with same inventory control and medallion availability blah blah. First time deltaAssist has not been at the top of their game.

So I called PM line and after getting the same canned response I asked the agent if she could see RU inventory available. She said surprisingly yes so why hasn't your UG cleared. And asked if i could please hold while she investigates?

So she comes back and says that's its not yet within 5 days of my flight including flight day. She says my window won't open until tomorrow evening. I asked if the UG window rules have changed she said no. I pushed further and she said she had talked with a supervisor, IT support & sky miles support and they all confirmed the 5 day window was not open.

What say you FTers?? I call BS
DLassist has gone downhill a little.

Also for a flight on saturday. Your sweep should be sunday between 4-6 PM central time
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
DLassist has gone downhill a little.

Also for a flight on saturday. Your sweep should be sunday between 4-6 PM central time
yes. I should have cleared all segments Sunday at 5pm EST but I didn't. Decided to wait until it was actually T-5 before reaching out to Delta. Last night was when I got the BS that I wasn't yet within my 5 day UG window which we all know is false information. I should not have accepted the bogus answer last night and should have played roulette with another agent.

Today, EF shows all RU inventory has been zero'd out for my flights on Saturday though Availalbility is still F7 and F8 for my flights. FCM at work. Guess I'l be looking for a BFUG on these flights but should be easy to clear since all DM's/PM's on my flights have already cleared and i'll only be battling GM/FO's and any few DM's/PM's who SDC onto my flight.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When you saw RU>0 on EF, did you try a dummy booking of a ticket, full Y or otherwise in coach, to see whether delta.dumb would say that it was upgrade available rather than upgrade eligible/requested?

When you called the PM line, was it after the "official" T-5 window, i.e., after about 6 pm ATL time on Monday for a Saturday flight?

Why do you think that all DMs and PMs have already been cleared on your flight? They should all be in the same situation as you unless they have full Y fares.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:31 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
Originally Posted by rylan
I hope that both medallion upgrades and mile/SWU upgrades aren't tied to the same RU/OU buckets. That would likely result in reduced availability for both.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't understand this comment. Using the same inventory for both types of upgrades will implicitly change the priority ordering in some cases, but the ultimate constraint is the number of seats that remain in FC/BE at the gate. The only impact would somehow be when not offering as many early upgrades results in more FC/BE tickets being sold, but if revenue management is doing things right, this case shouldn't happen.
RU replaces V and OU replaces X; these classes are used for Elite Complimentary Upgrades (ECUs).

RP replaces G and OP replaces Z; these classes are used for non-ECU upgrades (e.g., mileage upgrades, systemwide upgrade certs, etc).

Just checking a random flt from JFK-SLC in December and there is 1 RU open while G is 0, so yes, they appear to remain separate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.