Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mtkeller
The FB engine (and therefore KVS, which just scrapes it) can only search out 300 days.
Thanks for the info, will update the master thread.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:13 am

Thank you mnredeox

Thank you mnredfox for having this sticky!!! I am learning sooo much and it is definitely whelming for a roockie like me
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ssung
Thank you mnredfox for having this sticky!!! I am learning sooo much and it is definitely whelming for a roockie like me
You're welcome. I learn just as much from it too. And it wasn't just me that helped, lots of great suggestions for all FT-ers alike.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:24 pm
Used to be highman123

Using AR in South America

I'm trying my luck with AR in Argentina but the pricing seems off.

Availability in Y is excellent. (Btw how do u check biz as Expertflyer does not show it).

The airport's don't show up on delta.com so I always have to go through an agent.

OW within Southern South America are 10k miles.

Includes travel from the following: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay.

So I'm looking for a 20k RT award with this itin:

AEP- USH (less than 24hrs)-FTE
FTE-AEP-IGR (no stops)

But it always prices at 40k and agents say 'computer did that'.

That should be on OJ, not even a stop if the 24h rule exists in SA as well. Even if not one stop and one OJ should be ok.

AEP-IGR is much shorter than AEP-FTE (destination).

It's also a published fare by AR for ~$500.

Any ideas besides HUACA?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
The routing rules on the AR AEP-FTE fare require travel be direct, so routing over USH is invalid. There are no fares published for FTE-IGR on any carrier.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:45 pm
Used to be highman123

The routing rules on the AR AEP-FTE fare require travel be direct, so routing over USH is invalid. There are no fares published for FTE-IGR on any carrier.
The fare is published by AR IMHO just fine.

Any other ideas?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:17 pm

I stand by my point. That's four separate fares that are being combined. You need a fare from origin to destination that permits the routing in question. There's a reason the AEP-FTE fares on the nonstop are cheaper: they're single fares, not broken in USH. A quick check of ExpertFlyer shows, as I stated, that there are no fares on any carrier for FTE-IGR.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:35 pm
Used to be highman123

I stand by my point. That's four separate fares that are being combined. You need a fare from origin to destination that permits the routing in question. There's a reason the AEP-FTE fares on the nonstop are cheaper: they're single fares, not broken in USH. A quick check of ExpertFlyer shows, as I stated, that there are no fares on any carrier for FTE-IGR.
Thanks for your help with this!

What about AEP-FTE (direct) return - that should price at 20k, shouldn't it? The AEP-IGR leg is cheap enough to pay cash for.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by highman123
Thanks for your help with this!

What about AEP-FTE (direct) return - that should price at 20k, shouldn't it? The AEP-IGR leg is cheap enough to pay cash for.
Yes, that should be 20K.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Good reminder to use ITA.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:35 am

As per thepointsguy's blog, delta.com can now book Alitalia awards. Great news!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
As per thepointsguy's blog, delta.com can now book Alitalia awards. Great news!
I'll get excited when it stays that way for a month. We had access to AZ inventory on DL.dumb for a couple days a while back, and then it vanished.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL DM - 2M Miler, MR Plat, HH Gold, AA Gold
mnredfox -- good sticky and thread.

Does anyone have any good advice for best way (meaning cheapest/lowest miles) to upgrade to Business on Aeroflot JFK to SVO for a Diamond Medallion? Is there a better way than buying Y? Also, is the Business class on SU worth it?

Many thanks ...
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Anyone know if it's possible to book Virgin Australia from SYD/BNE to anywhere in New Zealand? I have LAX-BNE on hold in Business for 150K but really trying to get to New Zealand.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by vxmike
Anyone know if it's possible to book Virgin Australia from SYD/BNE to anywhere in New Zealand? I have LAX-BNE on hold in Business for 150K but really trying to get to New Zealand.
Why ask the same question in two different threads in the same forum in the span of 20 minutes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.