Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
I'd be a bit worried that one of the KL flights doesn't show. It's not uncommon for AF/KL to not show all of the DL flights. Typically just the ones you connect to/from. For instance, an upcoming trip of mine is routed OMA-MSP-AMS-BUD with the first two segments on DL. KL only shows the MSP-AMS-BUD sectors. Similarly the return is BUD-AMS-IAD(stop)-ATL-OMA, and DL.dumb (despite this being on 006 stock) doesn't see BUD-AMS. However, the operating carrier should definitely show the flight. You might try tweeting @KLM to see if they can check what's up.
Is it safe to tweet PNRs that everyone else can see?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by michael_v
Is it safe to tweet PNRs that everyone else can see?
Follow them and send them an open tweet like "@KLM Please follow me so I can DM you." Then use a direct message to send your PNR once they follow you. Don't send it as an open tweet.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Follow them and send them an open tweet like "@KLM Please follow me so I can DM you." Then use a direct message to send your PNR once they follow you. Don't send it as an open tweet.
Thanks for your advice. @KLM said to give them more time to look into it, but the flights are already all showing up on AF.us and only one DL flight missing on KLM.com. That's good enough for me. Thanks again!
Old Apr 18, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: IHG platinum, Hilton diamond, Hyatt platinum, Marriott gold
Please help with the routing

Could someone please help to check whether the routing is legal?
Thanks in advance.

AKL-BNE-TPE (CI, stop)-KIX-JFK (CI, destination)-NRT-TPE (DL, open jaw)
All in C.
If valid, how may miles apply to this routing?
I assume it will be 150+120 divided by 2, 135K, correct?
Old Apr 18, 2013, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by sjlin0121
Could someone please help to check whether the routing is legal?
Thanks in advance.

AKL-BNE-TPE (CI, stop)-KIX-JFK (CI, destination)-NRT-TPE (DL, open jaw)
All in C.
If valid, how may miles apply to this routing?
I assume it will be 150+120 divided by 2, 135K, correct?
That should work. CI publishes a fare AKL-JFK routed that way, and the unflown portion is shortest. 135K is the correct mileage if everything prices correctly. US-NZ (or v.v.) via Asia isn't 100% reliable on auto-pricing, so hopefully you get lucky.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: DL: Plat; Marriott Gold; HHonors Gold
Does AF allow TATL upgrades using SkyMiles from Premium Voyageur (S) to Business anymore? Using EF, O which once denoted upgradeble space in Business does not even appear anymore.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by bendar06
Does AF allow TATL upgrades using SkyMiles from Premium Voyageur (S) to Business anymore? Using EF, O which once denoted upgradeble space in Business does not even appear anymore.
In theory, yes, but there is very little O space available. It's still the right class to upgrade into, just very hard to find TATL.
Old May 16, 2013, 12:27 pm

Tarom's helpdesk stated they are changing Business award booking class from Z to O effective Oct 27 2013. AF.us seems not to have implemented this change yet. They also said Economy award booking class stays the same, X.
Old May 17, 2013, 1:06 am

I'm not sure where else to put this right now, so I'm going to put it here, since I imagine most interested parties will find it.

DL.dumb states

Award Tickets are valid for one year from date of issue. Destinations governed by international tariffs: If portion of original ticket has been used, it is valid for one year from date travel commences at point of origin on original ticket. If no portion of original ticket has been used, ticket validity is one year from the date of issuance of the original ticket. Reissue does not extend ticket validity.
I am pleased to confirm that this is 100% accurate. I have an award ticket that was originally issued 1 AUG 12. Several changes (I'm thinking four or five) were made prior to beginning travel on 13 MAY 13. The expiration date never budged from 1 AUG 13. Finally, low level F has opened up for my last segment, so I called (via Skype) the PM line from Nelson, NZ, tonight (having already flown the first four of seven segments). When my ticket was reissued (17 MAY 13, SLCRES), the expiration date jumped out to 13 MAY 14, one year from when travel commenced.

I don't know how useful this is for most people in practice, but I do think it is good to know about, especially if you find yourself in the situation with a return that appears unusable because of odd circumstances. The one year can then be from the date you started travelling, not the date you booked. I'm not sure if this also applies to domestic tickets. I suspect it doesn't, but it might.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Over in the Travel Buzz forum, chornedsnorkack noted that China Southern just took delivery of it's first 787, which is great news. Good write up on it here:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/20...t_16557999.htm

Sounds like it may end up on LAX-CAN, which seems to make sense considering how many seats are typically available on that flight. Might not be so good for award availability though. Also of interest is CAN-AKL using the 787 which would be a great award if you can snag LAX-CAN-AKL. Glad to see this, since we all know DL won't be operating a 787 anytime in the near future.

Wonder if we might see it switched in on LAX-CAN for bookings already made?

Last edited by roknroll; Jun 7, 2013 at 9:52 am
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by roknroll
Over in the Travel Buzz forum, chornedsnorkack noted that China Southern just took delivery of it's first 787, which is great news. Good write up on it here:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/20...t_16557999.htm

Sounds like it may end up on LAX-CAN, which seems to make sense considering how many seats are typically available on that flight. Might not be so good for award availability though. Also of interest is CAN-AKL using the 787 which would be a great award if you can snag LAX-CAN-AKL. Glad to see this, since we all know DL won't be operating a 787 anytime in the near future.

Wonder if we might see it switched in on LAX-CAN for bookings already made?
The 787 is a nice ride, but personally I'd rather fly the A380.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mnredfox
OK - CSA Czech
Award classes (J/Y): Z/E
Upgrade classes (J): Z from Y/M
Blackout dates:
Best search method: airfrance.us/klm.com, KVS/Wandering Aramean
Long sell:
EF availability: NA
KVS availability: Z/E
YQ: Yes
Hubs: PRG
Best route:
Other tips:
You can also check for OK award availability in ExpertFlyer. It's Z/E class as specified above.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: UAL Premier Gold, HHonors Gold, B6 Mosaic
Hi all. I just got off the phone with a DL agent, and I'm trying to fly LAX-PPT-AKL and then return SYD-LAX, taking advantage of the stopover/open jaw rules. The phone rep was very helpful, and found the sometimes elusive PPT-AKL space immediately.

Thing is, I have just under 104,000 miles, and the price she quoted me (in economy) was 120k. Is it possible to get this ticket for 100k, or am I going to have to abandon these travel plans? Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:48 pm

You've got medium on the DL flight SYD-LAX on the return. Either find a day when low is available or fly VA.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: UAL Premier Gold, HHonors Gold, B6 Mosaic
OK, thanks for the insight! The DL agent said she thought it was the PPT-AKL leg on TN that was causing it to price higher, but it could very well be the trip on DL metal from SYD to LAX. I've got the itin on hold, so I'll call back and try to find something else for the last leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.