Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com overhaul

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:03 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gatechange
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about upper DL managements review of this disaster of a website transition?
No mention from anyone about reward calander either!!!
I think, the lack of a response is a sure sign that their opinion - OF BOTH - is. . . .

There's no need to fix somethin' that a'int broke!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I emailed Richard Anderson & Jeff Robertson, here is the response:

Thank you for your email to our Chief Executive Officer, Richard
Anderson, and our Vice President of SkyMiles, Jeff Robertson, regarding
our changes to delta.com. Mr. Anderson and Mr. Robertson have asked me
to respond to you. Please accept our apology for any difficulties you
have encountered with delta.com.

I am sorry you were not pleased with our new website. We are
continually updating our technology and our marketing and technology
teams continue to monitor online forums like FlyerTalk.com. Our teams
continue to make progress on issues identified through customer
feedback.

We are suggesting our passenger to use the [+] Feedback link at the
bottom of any page on delta.com. That feedback loop is being monitored
in real time by the working teams. However, please be assured we are
working diligently to resolve any and all issues.

Again, thank you for reaching out to Richard and Jeff. We appreciate
your ensuring they are aware of the problems. Thank you for your Silver
Medallion SkyMiles loyalty. We hope you will continue to make Delta
your airline of choice.

Sincerely,

Susanna Curtis
Executive Assistant
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Last night I received an upgrade email and went to the website to change my seat. Using Chrome, I selected my seat then went to save and update, and it gave me an error message that the seat was no longer available. It still showed as available on the seatmap, so I rinsed and repeated a few times. No luck. I then used the iphone app to select the very same seat and it worked. Go figure.....
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: DL EOS...
I used the [+] Feedback link 3 times and now I just don't care. There's still plenty of OTHER airlines and websites to choose from.

'sorry Delta, you're the weakest link!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Among the other myriad sloppiness of the new site, does anyone else also see this on the home page when it finally loads, where you are supposed to sign in? I've seen this since day 1.

Also, on some screens, if you want to log out, you must do this at the bottom of the screen. But when I go to click on logout, the bottom bar starts to move up and down, and thus I end up clicking on something else. Is this supposed to be the way this works, meaning I have to put my cursor in the area where I want to be, wait for it to finish the needless graphic movements, and then click? All of these things just add too much time...I've been calling lately (rather than checking online) for most things, even to see if my miles have posted. This is just very frustrating.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Last night I received an upgrade email and went to the website to change my seat. Using Chrome, I selected my seat then went to save and update, and it gave me an error message that the seat was no longer available. It still showed as available on the seatmap, so I rinsed and repeated a few times. No luck. I then used the iphone app to select the very same seat and it worked. Go figure.....
had the same problem yesterday. I'll try the mobile app.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milesrunner
Under "Profile", "Basic Info", "SECURE FLIGHT PASSENGER DATA". Mine had my wife's name, DOB and gender filled in after the website upgrade.
Not there. Bummer.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Record locators not shown when you view the itinerary list in "my trips". Have to click on the trip to get it.

Ticket numbers not shown in your itinerary unless you view the receipt.

Schedule changes resulting in a miss-connect (connection departs before you arrive) still show a positive connection time.

Previous ticket numbers from reissues/changes/credits are no longer shown in the receipt online unless you email yourself the receipt.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll likely be going to a conference in Vegas next May. I wanted to price out some mileage run options for the trip there and back (since Vegas is not far from SLC it presents some interesting options for, say, returning LAS-SLC via the JFK red-eye). But the calendar sometimes broke (meaning reverted to plain HTML) if I clicked forward too often too fast. I was using the latest beta version of Firefox for Windows 7 Professional so maybe it is an issue with Firefox.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
How do you rate this response?

Six (almost seven days ago) I sent a list of six stand alone bugs, with demos and guidelines to each 'bug' which resulted in:
(a) our far east pax could not log in
(b) our secure data and known pax number data deleted
(c) no seats
(d) 'missing flights',
etc...

The response last night?

"Thank you for your message via delta.com. We are grateful for you taking
the time to share your concerns with us.

Thank you for sending us your additional comments about the new
delta.com website. We apologize that you have still been experiencing so
many difficulties with the new website. Please know that our delta.com
team is diligently working on alleviating these issues and we are sorry
for the frustration this has caused you. We have forwarded your comments
to our delta.com team for review.

Thank you for your support as a Medallion member and for trusting your
business to us. Be assured, we will make every attempt to serve you
well; we are focused on the future and look forward to our continued
business relationship.

Sincerely,

MXXXXX GXXXXXX (removed, not sure she is a 'pen name' as Liz Lemon et. al.)
Medallion Desk"

The good thing about the new website? all of a sudden a visit to the dentist does not seem so painful.

Now, on a serious note: I had to do a lot of explanations (and apologies) to our fellows who could not log into the website and check to their flights in the far east (one of them, happened to be the person who indirectly signs the checks for the money we send DL) lost his seats. To say he was upset would be an understatement.
I did not request in any of the emails to the tech support compensation (miles or $$$) for the time wasted, and stress caused by the website.
I did request solutions, and actions, even if temporary/stand alone. For example, I cannot accept that the secure flight data is being constantly deleted.
I cannot accept that every purchase or check of the ticket results in emails (plural, two this morning alone) informing me of a skymiles account update.
I cannot accept (hi, you cannot accept, Delta) that our CC information was deleted from the profile- I thought you'd like to make it easy on us to purchase.
Oh, and I cannot accept fare 'glitches'. One example- 569 yesterday became 655 by the purchase screen. This morning I also found that 657 can be equal 617.6
I do strongly believe that you read flyertalk, and other aviation websites. I just find little to no evidence that the technical support team act upon the feedback they received

Last edited by DLroads; Nov 27, 2012 at 8:17 am Reason: (edited, adding a more serious note)
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Among the other myriad sloppiness of the new site, does anyone else also see this on the home page when it finally loads, where you are supposed to sign in? I've seen this since day 1.

Also, on some screens, if you want to log out, you must do this at the bottom of the screen. But when I go to click on logout, the bottom bar starts to move up and down, and thus I end up clicking on something else. Is this supposed to be the way this works, meaning I have to put my cursor in the area where I want to be, wait for it to finish the needless graphic movements, and then click? All of these things just add too much time...I've been calling lately (rather than checking online) for most things, even to see if my miles have posted. This is just very frustrating.
If you click on the word Delta in the upper left hand corner of any screen, it brings you back to the logged-in home page. From there, you can log out through the log-out link right next to your name, medallion status, miles, million miler status, etc.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by atl runner
If you click on the word Delta in the upper left hand corner of any screen, it brings you back to the logged-in home page. From there, you can log out through the log-out link right next to your name, medallion status, miles, million miler status, etc.
Thanks, that is helpful. However, it has been my experience with most websites that you should be able easily and simply logout from any web page.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Thanks, that is helpful. However, it has been my experience with most websites that you should be able easily and simply logout from any web page.
Agreed, however this keeps in line with the rest of the DL website, where it requires 2-3 additional clicks to accomplish the same thing we used to on the old site.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL
E-mailing Receipts Trouble

I have tried on five different occasions to e-mail myself a receipt for an existing trip. Each and EVERY time, the website will 'think' for a few minutes and then error out. No e-mailed receipt. VERY ANNOYING.

Also, one other poster mentioned that when IRROPS happen, you can either cancel or accept their one proposed change. This is very concerning, as the old website allowed you to search different airports to fly to/from; thus having to avoid a call to the PS&S support line.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BC300
Also, one other poster mentioned that when IRROPS happen, you can either cancel or accept their one proposed change. This is very concerning, as the old website allowed you to search different airports to fly to/from; thus having to avoid a call to the PS&S support line.
I've been too scared to press 'cancel'. Who knows that that'll do.

'Accept' just refreshes the page and the message persists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.