Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is FC the new coach?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by rylan
Whats sad is most people wouldn't understand that Ad these days. Latitude wha?

I love the old school headphones that used the air tubes.
Hah! Who needs geography ;-)
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Judging by the ad, we apparently don't need diversity either.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Here is my experience on Delta First Class on two different flights within a 3 month period.

JFK-MAD May 2012

Big comfy seat that reclines flat in to a bed. Great food and personal inflight entertainment at individual seats. Great Delta crew

LAX-HNL Sept 2012

Comfy seats that is a little bit more wide and extra leg room, no reclining in to a bed. Food was decent. Inflight entertainment was a small TV screen in overhead. Great ex Northwest crew.

I guess it depends on Domestic or International flight make a difference.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by SDCA
Here is my experience on Delta First Class on two different flights within a 3 month period.

JFK-MAD May 2012

Big comfy seat that reclines flat in to a bed. Great food and personal inflight entertainment at individual seats. Great Delta crew

LAX-HNL Sept 2012

Comfy seats that is a little bit more wide and extra leg room, no reclining in to a bed. Food was decent. Inflight entertainment was a small TV screen in overhead. Great ex Northwest crew.

I guess it depends on Domestic or International flight make a difference.
You are comparing First Class (Domestic) to Business Elite (Intl), two totally different products.

I am surprised the LAX-HNL flight was so enjoyable for you, I have taken the LAX-OGG and it was an old 752, with sub-par service and food. Very disappointing for a flight as long as JFK-LAX which has the BE product.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
You are comparing First Class (Domestic) to Business Elite (Intl), two totally different products.

I am surprised the LAX-HNL flight was so enjoyable for you, I have taken the LAX-OGG and it was an old 752, with sub-par service and food. Very disappointing for a flight as long as JFK-LAX which has the BE product.
That's why I always try for the 763 out of DFW.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs

That was my point.

Not that enjoyable on the LAX-HNL. As you can read, only thing i enjoyed was bigger seats and great crew. Food was decent, not good or excellent. TV were a tiny little screen maybe 10" inches wide overhead, which makes it even smaller to watch from your seat.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
If no one needs it, why can you major in it at SFU and many other universities?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
If no one needs it, why can you major in it at SFU and many other universities?
Michael Jordan majored in geography.

In the UK it has a reputation as an easy major taken by people who want a degree but aren't smart enough to get one in a real social science.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Just because they are so entertaining I thought these old ads show how much air travel has changed.

http://www.departedflights.com/DLonestewardess.html
http://www.departedflights.com/DLjoinher66.html

And maybe not so much...
http://www.departedflights.com/UAmoviestohawaii64.html
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Michael Jordan majored in geography.

In the UK it has a reputation as an easy major taken by people who want a degree but aren't smart enough to get one in a real social science.
In Canada/HK it's easier to major in history IMO.
In HK grade school I learned about mainland CHina history and touched briefly on Japan and Taiwan.
IB likes teaching European history, though.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I took a 4.5 hr domestic DL flight last week. Originally purchased lowest fare Y, and then just for fun checked lowest fare C and it was only $95 more! Called and changed my ticket to C. Had not flown delta C domestic for some time, and was unimpressed - limited availability of lav due to Y passengers lining up, no meal choice by the time they got to me (row 3 of 4 rows), no AVOD, seat pitch very tight. But heck, what do you want for $95? If I drank alcohol it would have almost been possible to break even! The sad thing is that Y was almost empty on this flight, and I actually would have preferred the extra room in a row in Y all by myself.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I took a 4.5 hr domestic DL flight last week. Originally purchased lowest fare Y, and then just for fun checked lowest fare C and it was only $95 more! Called and changed my ticket to C. Had not flown delta C domestic for some time, and was unimpressed - limited availability of lav due to Y passengers lining up, no meal choice by the time they got to me (row 3 of 4 rows), no AVOD, seat pitch very tight. But heck, what do you want for $95? If I drank alcohol it would have almost been possible to break even! The sad thing is that Y was almost empty on this flight, and I actually would have preferred the extra room in a row in Y all by myself.
DL only has true domestic BusinessElite service on JFK-SFO/LAX. Sounds like you ended up on a flight that was coded as Business because the flight either continued as or was a continuation of an international flight. This is just standard domestic First Class seating and service.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:53 pm

I took a 4.5 hr domestic DL flight last week.... was unimpressed - limited availability of lav due to Y passengers lining up, no meal choice by the time they got to me (row 3 of 4 rows), no AVOD, seat pitch very tight.
I flew FLL-IAH-SFO last week on UA in F. Meals on all flights, even on the FLL-IAH flight (2hr 56min).

On all flights, the FA's strictly enforced the usage of F LAV and made announcements about it on all flights. The service was also great.

On another flight, I found UA Expresses EMB-120 to be more comfortable than DL's standard Y seats The seat pitch / leg room combination was just right.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not C.
It's F.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
It's not C.
It's F.
OK, thanks. Should have said F (too used to flying int'l in C). Still a lousy product for a great price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.