Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Originally Posted by Why2Me
Do people that can afford to and fly first class all the time really care about their medallion status?

Because when a issue comes up, status matters. Not what you paid on your ticket.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
Because when a issue comes up, status matters. Not what you paid on your ticket.
Full F gets as much if not more attention than even DM when it comes to IROPS.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I don't understand - do full F tickets have a special number to call? If you're stranded in a snow storm at JFK and have paid full F don't you need to call the kettle line, wait on hold for 45 minutes, and then they treat you well? If so, after the full F guy finally gets to an operator I'm already surfing FT in the Sky Club. Right?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by yohanson
If you're implying that I was tooting my own horn when NWA gave me SE at about 8K, you are greatly mistaken. My point was that they recognized my amount of spend and they did something for me. Whatever data and technology they used to determine that is now owned by Delta.
That is exactly what I understood, as I stated here. I also mentioned that I never doubted DL's ability to track each customer's spend, only whether or not they'd use that information to make decisions WRT the FF program.

Originally Posted by gooselee
If you're showing that NWA had a way of tracking your spend/quasi-profit and used that information to award SE early, then great. That seems to be an indication that they perhaps had an unpublished revenue/profit/score-based qualification criteria. Maybe that answers the question that DL can do something along those lines, but I don't think that was ever in question. The question is whether they should or will do something like that.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME top tier status counts more than a full J fare.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
An issue relating to the particular booking or in general?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL DM. Marriott Plat. Hyatt DM.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
This isn't all an IT glitch, at least in the sense that DL management has a plan to reduce the mileage earnings of some sorts and plans to expand that to more fares than just unpublished fares. The main IT glitch is in having shown customers that DL has established the infrastructure to expand the proportion of ticketed customers who will earn less than 100% status and/or redeemable miles -- so as to go beyond merely "unpublished fares" customers and hit a much larger proportion of SkyMiles customers.

DL is being rather sleazy in the way it is dealing with customers. That includes claiming (even as I expect a convenient future "correction" of sorts) that announcing award chart changes in advance is not legal.
For heavens sake. Give it a rest. Pick another airline please. Delta has treated me,mrs.jpcag and our three little jpcag's with the utmost of courtesy,respect and fairness. Over the past five years this program has done nothing but gett better.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JPCAG
Over the past five years this program has done nothing but gett better.
I highly doubt you'd win that in a vote. Done "nothing but get better" is a bit of an exaggeration.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
For heavens sake. Give it a rest. Pick another airline please. Delta has treated me,mrs.jpcag and our three little jpcag's with the utmost of courtesy,respect and fairness. Over the past five years this program has done nothing but gett better.
<Checks calendar to see if it's April 1st.>
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
I am truely happy the program suits your needs. Your statement in the last sentence quoted above strains credulity. I don't think that the spin weavers in DL's marketing department would even make such a claim.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I have to believe that DL is not so stupid as to do something so dangerous to their business model. They do this an there will be a run for the doors. Especially for lower-level elites.

In the current economic climate businesses are putting more and more pressure on keeping airfare down. Other than some large consulting firms and other similar organizations, there are very few organizations that are allowing employees to purchase pull fare tickets or paid tickets in F. My company requires I not book any fare that is more than $100 over the lowest published fare based on the search parameters I require (thank God for the search parameters and the fact that I live in Chicago and can narrow to MDW only). Given this pressure to keep fares down mos people would head for the exits out of fear of losing their status.

A few months ago AA smelled blood in the water when UA's customer service and IT system imploded. AA got bold and started offering status for status match to the highest levels (my 1K was match to EXP). A lot of people bolted UA. IN the last quarter UA's RASM dropped while AA's shot up. DL would be wise rot take notice.

If DL chooses to do this I will not bolt out right. What I will do is be selective about when I choose to fly DL. If I can book a fare where I get 100% (or more) MQM for the flight I'll do it. If not, I'll choose AA or, dare I say it, WN.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Harlem
I don't understand - do full F tickets have a special number to call? If you're stranded in a snow storm at JFK and have paid full F don't you need to call the kettle line, wait on hold for 45 minutes, and then they treat you well? If so, after the full F guy finally gets to an operator I'm already surfing FT in the Sky Club. Right?
The last time I was on a Full F ticket and had IROPS I was automatically booked in Full F on the very next flight. I did not have to call anyone.

BTW, the biggest reason DMs/PMs love IROPS is that they are typically booked into a FULL Y/F/J fare class. It is THAT that gives you priority regardless of what the DM desk does (the full Y/F/J fare allows them to do whatever they want to the record).

Last edited by avidflyer; Sep 10, 2012 at 7:44 am
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
+1. DYKWIA?
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
A 16-year-old posting form your parents' basement?
Because we all know who you are..
My guess...

http://www.markowens.co.uk/images/Ma..._SP_161100.jpg
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
LOL..yup.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Over the past five years this program has done nothing but gett better.
Could you expand on how it has gotten better in the last five years? Not being critical, I just would like to hear the positives. The only things I can think of are 1) upgrades on award tickets, and 2) rollover MQMs (although some would argue this is a negative).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.