Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN A List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I can't help but wonder how many of bubbashow's posts (1,844 as of this post) happened in this thread?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jeff30189
You only say he "gets it" because he agrees with you.

Your one note opera is pretty boring and stopped being interesting (or insightful) many threads ago. We get it, please stop reciting the same tired drivel over and over and over and over....
I guess I'm too new to FT to have grown tired of Bubba. I have rather enjoyed the debate.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by GatorBlues
I guess I'm too new to FT to have grown tired of Bubba. I have rather enjoyed the debate.
Love you too, Gator.

I REALLY do enjoy a spirited debate. Y'all make some good points.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by bubbashow
...um...I live in the DTW area - do you know how many employees are here? It's pretty easy to find yourself in a social situation with one.
DTW NWA/Delta employees have always been my least favorite. I can't imagine having to be in a social situation with one. I avoid that airport because of that.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:14 pm

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
As for "SAVE SKYMILES" LMAO! I will again ask the question - to what airline will you go? Back then, there was a LOT more choice. If you jump to WN, you jump to that which you are trying to avoid (a revenue-based system). LOL. The time is coming. Just wait, watch, and see...and thank you for flying DL =-).
With the changes (proposed/accidental/toe in the water/whatever) the big advantages of going with WN are free schedule changes, no baggage fees, and mostly cheaper fares. I hate the cattle call seat selection but if I'm not going to get upgraded much on Delta anyway (by getting only a fraction of the MQM's and therefore demoted), then what's the difference? And oh, by the way, see ya Amex Platinum Delta card, no benefit there anymore either.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by lovecabo
With the changes (proposed/accidental/toe in the water/whatever) the big advantages of going with WN are free schedule changes, no baggage fees, and mostly cheaper fares. I hate the cattle call seat selection but if I'm not going to get upgraded much on Delta anyway (by getting only a fraction of the MQM's and therefore demoted), then what's the difference? And oh, by the way, see ya Amex Platinum Delta card, no benefit there anymore either.
I enjoy the free schedule changes on WN as well. It is nice to maintain the funds if you can cancel/rebook well ahead of schedule. The portion of that which drives me crazy is if you want to go the same day, no matter how many seats are available on an earlier flight, you MUST upgrade to the unrestricted fare. That is often a punitive surprise to be home a few hours early.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole

I think I just burst a vein or two in my head.
Hmmm. Apparently you're still here, so seems like not.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:01 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

For me, it is quite simple.

If Delta Air Lines implements the rumored changes to the SkyMiles frequent flier loyalty program and it is proven successful for the airline, the changes will remain in place.

If not, they will be changed, adjusted or perhaps even eliminated.

If the changes benefit me, I will continue to be a loyal passenger of Delta Air Lines in the foreseeable future.

If not, I will either fly another airline if it is at all feasible, reduce the amount of flying as an airline passenger, or perhaps stop traveling by airplane altogether.

It is that simple.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Must ... resist.... cannot...
Resistance is futile.

David
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie

If not, I will either fly another airline if it is at all feasible, reduce the amount of flying as an airline passenger, or perhaps stop traveling by airplane altogether.
Living in a small country with (for practical purposes) no land transport out of it, giving up flying is not realistic for me.

On the other hand, as I hate spending long hours in aluminum tubes, after every trip to the States I swear I will never do it again -- and wind up doing it a few months later.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.

If Delta Air Lines implements the rumored changes to the SkyMiles frequent flier loyalty program and it is proven successful for the airline, the changes will remain in place.

If the changes benefit me, I will continue to be a loyal passenger of Delta Air Lines in the foreseeable future.

It is that simple.
This type of clear thinking has no place in this forum....
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred

If not, I will either fly another airline if it is at all feasible, reduce the amount of flying as an airline passenger, or perhaps stop traveling by airplane altogether." End of quote.

For the most part I agree with you, however; route-wise I am fortunate that I can status match with AS and keep my 100% MQM earning with AS (for the time being, at least). Even though I am a small player by DL's standards, it"s quite enough for me to slog through 50K annually, all paid for out of my own pocket with no AMEX, to reach GM. If DL does not want me, that's fine. I will not fly for 25% MQMs on any ticket. Even if DL did implement the change and it did not work, and DL did eventually decide to change back, those who stayed would have suffered through the "temporary" MQM reduction. Not going to do it. No way.

It is that simple.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Delta's crown room problem is not too many elites (only Diamonds get free access), it's too many AMEX cards offering free access.
Agree with everything else but exactly how many people do you think are plunking down $450/year for an amex plat or DL reserve card?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:02 pm

Dup post

Last edited by sbjnyc; Sep 6, 2012 at 3:08 pm
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
Agree with everything else but exactly how many people do you think are plunking down $450/year for an amex plat or DL reserve card?
Don't know about the AMEX number, but folks, my bet is that in our lifetime the AMEX thing is not going to change. We can keep flailing away at the issue, but IMHO, it is wasted energy. If you were a decision maker at DL, would you turn down the AMEX money?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.