Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yessams
While I agree it is disgusting, to actively eavesdrop, then publicly post details (like employer, job function) IMO is poor form.
To be fair, often times people like to talk in such a way that it is hard to ignore what they are saying. I'm not saying that was definitely the case here, but the details lend themselves to such a situation in my mind. If then, I take and post the employer someone decided to yammer on about loudly, then I feel like that person should, if bothered, talk more quietly/less pretentiously. Again, I wasn't there so I don't know all the details, but I just think the loudmouth situation is more likely. Perhaps we'll get some more insight from the OP.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sky303
To be fair, often times people like to talk in such a way that it is hard to ignore what they are saying. I'm not saying that was definitely the case here, but the details lend themselves to such a situation in my mind. If then, I take and post the employer someone decided to yammer on about loudly, then I feel like that person should, if bothered, talk more quietly/less pretentiously. Again, I wasn't there so I don't know all the details, but I just think the loudmouth situation is more likely. Perhaps we'll get some more insight from the OP.
I tend to agree. You have no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public place and if you start spouting off in a loud voice about such things, you've assumed the risk of it being repeated.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I didn't realize any of you guys were still around. I thought that fad was dead!
Nope. The U.S. Army has just joined on board.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
I tend to agree. You have no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public place and if you start spouting off in a loud voice about such things, you've assumed the risk of it being repeated.
I agree too.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by CMK10
^^ same goes for those who talk loudly on cell phones...
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
IMO...it is one thing to expect or not expect privacy in such short areas of space...and another to have one taking pictures and posting specifics about the conversation that may make them identifiable.

For the purpose of this thread, it does not make a difference who they are or where they work.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
IMO...it is one thing to expect or not expect privacy in such short areas of space...and another to have one taking pictures and posting specifics about the conversation that may make them identifiable.

For the purpose of this thread, it does not make a difference who they are or where they work.
If the government can spy on you, what's a few snapshots of your bare feet going to mean in the big scheme of things??
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:02 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC

If you don't want the general public to know about the details of your life, then keep quiet. If you don't want people to take notice of you, then don't do flamboyant or stupid things. Keep low key and you won't be noticed. If you're loud and overbearing people will notice.

Last year an Alabama TV reporter was fired for her posts on her blog and a PR executive was fired for her tweet while in flight to South Africa. Both events were public and stupid - should they have been given a pass and remained anonymous? I don't see any difference between those examples and the HR person from L'Oreal.

Last edited by puddinhead; Mar 18, 2014 at 9:07 am
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by puddinhead
If you don't want the general public to know about the details of your life, then keep quiet. If you don't want people to take notice of you, then don't do flamboyant or stupid things. Keep low key and you won't be noticed. If you're loud and overbearing people will notice.

Last year an Alabama TV reporter was fired for her posts on her blog and a PR executive was fired for her tweet while in flight to South Africa. Both events were public and stupid - should they have been given a pass and remained anonymous? I don't see any difference between those examples and the HR person from L'Oreal.
Agree. Whether it's "right" or not doesn't matter - when I'm in an airport, on a plane, or basically anywhere outside my own home, I know that there isn't much I can do if someone randomly takes a picture of me or puts whatever I'm spouting off about on Facebook.

My solution: I generally try not to do or spout off about things in public that would get me in trouble if they made their way back to my employer or anyone else. So if you're on my flight tomorrow, take however many pictures of me as you want. I doubt I'm going to get heat from my boss or clients if they see a photo of me napping or catch wind of my thoughts on Biscoffs or how Atlanta sports teams will inevitably let us down in their respective postseasons again.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:36 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
True dat - think of all of the cellphone videos that have gone viral and are shown on most of the major news outlets. Some of them have been kettles either onboard or at the gate.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: Show me the points!
While I agree it is disgusting, to actively eavesdrop, then publicly post details (like employer, job function) IMO is poor form.

To think that an airplane is anything other than a public place IMO is poor form.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nichojo
To think that an airplane is anything other than a public place IMO is poor form.
LOL- It seems as folks are missing the point that I am trying to make (or more accurately, I am missing trying to make my point). An airplane is a public place...does that mean it is "good form" to take what you hear and post it on a public forum. I think not. Would someone be justified by saying "hey, it was said in a public place", or "they were real loud, so why did they not expect me to hear"...yes those arguments might work.

But I think back at some of the conversations that I have either had, or accidentally overheard even if the folks are trying to be discreet. I don't think any of the details belongs on public forums.

To each their own opinion.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by gooselee
Agree. ---- My solution: I generally try not to do or spout off about things in public that would get me in trouble if they made their way back to my employer or anyone else.--
Extremely sensible and I totally agree. ^
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: DL:DM;DL Reserve; LT Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by sky303
I was not really wanting to hear the conversation but between the 4 or 5 friends/co-workers across the two isles and several rows. Plus the FA was in the middle of it all. As I guy, I really don't need a lot of make-up tips.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gooselee
My solution: I generally try not to do or spout off about things in public that would get me in trouble if they made their way back to my employer or anyone else.
My Mom's best piece of advice: "never say or do anything in public you wouldn't want on the front page of the New York Times"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.