Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by stils
He is probably aware of the rule that if you pass out with your shoes on you are subject to writing on your face by your buddies because you have "passed out". Shoes off means you specifically are napping or sleeping.
This guy must know my roommates from College.
Haha - love it!

Originally Posted by fracas
I don't mind peoples feet on the bulkhead as much as I dislike being around fat people.
+1
Old Nov 3, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
I don't mind peoples feet on the bulkhead as much as I dislike being around fat people.
I dislike being around bigoted people. Guess neither one of us is getting what they want for Christmas.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by TheRoadie
I dislike being around bigoted people. Guess neither one of us is getting what they want for Christmas.
I think his point was simply that fat body parts in his space annoy him more than small body parts on a nearby wall. Bigotry is based upon age, disabilities, ethnicity, sex, race, and other involuntary characteristics and similar protected classes - not the voluntary overeating that leads to those fat body parts taking up his space. That said, I'll bet his worst nightmare would be fat feet on his tray table!
Old Nov 3, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by mooper
I think his point was simply that fat body parts in his space annoy him more than small body parts on a nearby wall. ...
Ahhhhh. ANY body parts in my space annoy me, like an arm-flailing twitching sleeper or a 7-foot person who can't get an exit row seat and knees me in the back. But one of my hot buttons is characterizing all large people as "voluntary overeaters" since the 7-footer could also have "done something" to stop growing, so his height is in some way also voluntary. And if it's voluntary, that carries with it the stigma of "so they shouldn't have carried on with that behavior because it's visually unappealing."

Being adjacent to a person of size who can't fit in one seat width is a bit different than the phrase "around fat people" which I took to mean "have to look at them across the aisle." YMMV.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 4:57 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I am not sure that we are being productive here.

There are people of all sizes, beliefs, genders and persuasions who may be inconsiderate, but to just paint a certain type of person with one general brush stroke — or to criticize people who do so — is rather unfair, in my opinion.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
And I love sitting next to skinnies... more room for me to spill over into their seat. Piece of chicken?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by Canarsie

There are people of all sizes, beliefs, genders and persuasions who may be inconsiderate, but to just paint a certain type of person with one general brush stroke — or to criticize people who do so — is rather unfair, in my opinion.
^
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: DL DM PM

Actually I think TheRoadie was right to call the other person out on their bigotry, particularly in a thread about "Disgusting Acts". It's true that for cultural reasons people's opinions about what constitutes a disgusting act may vary, but I don't think that simply "being" anything such as skinny, fat, timid, sad etc. could be construed as a "disgusting act" even though these are not protected classes. Expressing a dislike for being around a particular type of person in this thread isn't particularly appropriate imho, and while it is permissible to be a bigot, I think it is also ok to remind someone who is a bigot that expressing their sentiment in this thread is probably not a good use of the thread.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA (new!) Silver, AA Hater, Marriott Down to Gold, Hilton grunt
I like big butts and I can not lie. You other brothers can't deny . . .
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by OnTimePlease
I like big butts and I can not lie. You other brothers can't deny . . .
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:55 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Actually I think TheRoadie was right to call the other person out on their bigotry, particularly in a thread about "Disgusting Acts". It's true that for cultural reasons people's opinions about what constitutes a disgusting act may vary, but I don't think that simply "being" anything such as skinny, fat, timid, sad etc. could be construed as a "disgusting act" even though these are not protected classes. Expressing a dislike for being around a particular type of person in this thread isn't particularly appropriate imho, and while it is permissible to be a bigot, I think it is also ok to remind someone who is a bigot that expressing their sentiment in this thread is probably not a good use of the thread.
I do not disagree.

I suppose what I am trying to say can be illustrated with this example: we all have noses. Some of them are big. Some are small. Some have hairs sticking out of them. Some are bruised. Some can even be grotesque looking or have something hanging out of them. That should not matter in this discussion as those are not acts, and photographic evidence of that would be unfair at best.

However, if one chooses to pick their nose and dig deep for buried treasure with their finger — especially when it is vigorous enough to cause the perpetrator to noticeably squint and contort while performing the act — we can probably all agree that that is a disgusting act. Perform the act with no modesty, and that is inconsiderate to others at the very least. Flick the ill-gotten goods carelessly within close proximity of other people — such as seated in an airplane — is beyond inconsiderate and significantly increases the level of disgust.

As unappetizing as it sounds, photographic evidence of disgusting acts — that is the key word of the title of this thread — is what is appropriate for this discussion...

...although I would advise that you do not peruse this discussion while eating...
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
I do not disagree.

I suppose what I am trying to say can be illustrated with this example: we all have noses. Some of them are big. Some are small. Some have hairs sticking out of them. Some are bruised. Some can even be grotesque looking or have something hanging out of them. That should not matter in this discussion as those are not acts, and photographic evidence of that would be unfair at best.

However, if one chooses to pick their nose and dig deep for buried treasure with their finger — especially when it is vigorous enough to cause the perpetrator to noticeably squint and contort while performing the act — we can probably all agree that that is a disgusting act. Perform the act with no modesty, and that is inconsiderate to others at the very least. Flick the ill-gotten goods carelessly within close proximity of other people — such as seated in an airplane — is beyond inconsiderate and significantly increases the level of disgust.

As unappetizing as it sounds, photographic evidence of disgusting acts — that is the key word of the title of this thread — is what is appropriate for this discussion...

...although I would advise that you do not peruse this discussion while eating...
^^. It is absolutely the act and choice one freely made to commit such act that makes them subject to the ridicule of this fabulously entertaining thread
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by mooper
I think his point was simply that fat body parts in his space annoy him more than small body parts on a nearby wall. Bigotry is based upon age, disabilities, ethnicity, sex, race, and other involuntary characteristics and similar protected classes - not the voluntary overeating that leads to those fat body parts taking up his space. That said, I'll bet his worst nightmare would be fat feet on his tray table!
Bigotry is certainly not limited to "protected classes", that's a legal/constitutional concept. Bigotry is a much broader concept that describes prejudice of others based on a combination of perception and preconceptions.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:12 pm

I suppose what I am trying to say can be illustrated with this example: we all have noses. Some of them are big. Some are small.
These are involuntary characteristics. I agree - it is not fair to tease someone about the way they were born. IMO, the teasing, not the appearance, is disgusting.

Some have hairs sticking out of them. Some are bruised. Some can even be grotesque looking or have something hanging out of them. That should not matter in this discussion as those are not acts, and photographic evidence of that would be unfair at best.
But someone who boards a plane with a hairy booger hanging out of their nose is *choosing* not to groom properly, and choosing to board a plane unkempt is just as disgusting of an act as placing your bare feet on the bulkhead - is it not?

But one of my hot buttons is characterizing all large people as "voluntary overeaters" since the 7-footer could also have "done something" to stop growing, so his height is in some way also voluntary. And if it's voluntary, that carries with it the stigma of "so they shouldn't have carried on with that behavior because it's visually unappealing."
Eating is, of course, a voluntary act, but not eating to the degree where you prevent yourself from growing to your genetically programmed height is not only dangerous, but can be deadly, and I don't think social convention holds that someone who who is tall simply because they took care of themselves is choosing to be disgusting by boarding a plane!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by fattieonboard
And I love sitting next to skinnies... more room for me to spill over into their seat. Piece of chicken?

LOL.....^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.