FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:28 am
NotHamSarnie

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I am not sure that we are being productive here.

There are people of all sizes, beliefs, genders and persuasions who may be inconsiderate, but to just paint a certain type of person with one general brush stroke — or to criticize people who do so — is rather unfair, in my opinion.
Actually I think TheRoadie was right to call the other person out on their bigotry, particularly in a thread about "Disgusting Acts". It's true that for cultural reasons people's opinions about what constitutes a disgusting act may vary, but I don't think that simply "being" anything such as skinny, fat, timid, sad etc. could be construed as a "disgusting act" even though these are not protected classes. Expressing a dislike for being around a particular type of person in this thread isn't particularly appropriate imho, and while it is permissible to be a bigot, I think it is also ok to remind someone who is a bigot that expressing their sentiment in this thread is probably not a good use of the thread.