FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:55 am
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Actually I think TheRoadie was right to call the other person out on their bigotry, particularly in a thread about "Disgusting Acts". It's true that for cultural reasons people's opinions about what constitutes a disgusting act may vary, but I don't think that simply "being" anything such as skinny, fat, timid, sad etc. could be construed as a "disgusting act" even though these are not protected classes. Expressing a dislike for being around a particular type of person in this thread isn't particularly appropriate imho, and while it is permissible to be a bigot, I think it is also ok to remind someone who is a bigot that expressing their sentiment in this thread is probably not a good use of the thread.
I do not disagree.

I suppose what I am trying to say can be illustrated with this example: we all have noses. Some of them are big. Some are small. Some have hairs sticking out of them. Some are bruised. Some can even be grotesque looking or have something hanging out of them. That should not matter in this discussion as those are not acts, and photographic evidence of that would be unfair at best.

However, if one chooses to pick their nose and dig deep for buried treasure with their finger — especially when it is vigorous enough to cause the perpetrator to noticeably squint and contort while performing the act — we can probably all agree that that is a disgusting act. Perform the act with no modesty, and that is inconsiderate to others at the very least. Flick the ill-gotten goods carelessly within close proximity of other people — such as seated in an airplane — is beyond inconsiderate and significantly increases the level of disgust.

As unappetizing as it sounds, photographic evidence of disgusting acts — that is the key word of the title of this thread — is what is appropriate for this discussion...

...although I would advise that you do not peruse this discussion while eating...