Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Well, let us look at the title of this discussion for guidance on this debate:

I highlighted the key part of the title in red, and my conclusion is that while being overweight may be disgusting to some, it is not an act in and of itself.

Photographic evidence of aggressively “digging for buried treasure” in one’s nose, clipping one’s nails unfettered in terms of their final course of flight once emancipated from their host fingers or toes, or dressing down to expose one’s undergarments for all the world to see aboard aircraft while in flight are all on topic for this discussion — not about photographing and critiquing fellow passengers about their height, weight or other subjective observations in general.
Well put! Plus, you could go one step farther and highlight the "by DELTA AIR LINES passengers" part.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 3, 2012 at 12:03 pm Reason: Removed response to now-deleted content.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Did he strip down to his underwear?
Originally Posted by enviroian
Is this for real? Photoshopped? Who takes off their pants on a plane?
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Oh my!!

At least he kept his socks on: At least the bare feet haters of FT should be satisfied......
I don't think he stripped down, but to be honest I wasn't looking too carefully nor cared to. I don't want to know.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
We should start adding some pictures of the ol' flab-hanging-into-seatmate's-space phenomena to this thread as well. I once had a woman literally drape a roll of her skin over the armrest between us while she munched away on a slice of pizza pre-takeoff without making an attempt to apologize nor even acknowledge. I had to rub against it for two hours. As disgusting as anything else... wish I had a pic.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 3, 2012 at 12:01 pm Reason: Removed now-deleted quoted content.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by realjd
Did he put them on your seat? On the bulkhead? If not, what's the problem? Feet aren't obscene, and you can't catch any germs from looking at them.
Baring one's feet isn't obscene, but it demonstrates a certain lack of decorum. We weren't on a beach, we were on an airplane.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
The lady who slapped her flab over my armrest and the one with the obnoxious behind both *chose* to be unattractive and offensive by overeating and then not purchasing a second seat, as the rules say they should. Similarly, the people with smelly feet chose to be unattractive and offensive by taking their shoes off and sticking their feet on headrests and tray tables. No one is making of people who are disgusting because of hardships out of their control. Let's stay on topic and keep sharing photos and stories of disgusting pax who lack regard for their fellow passengers.

On that note, why are there no nose-picking pictures in this thread? People on planes often experience that same phenomena that happens in cars, where they somehow perceive they can't be seen as they jam their finger way up there and go for the gold.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 3, 2012 at 12:02 pm Reason: Removed now-deleted quoted content.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by mooper
On that note, why are there no nose-picking pictures in this thread?
Too ephemeral.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:39 pm

[QUOTE=mooper;19425579]The lady who slapped her flab over my armrest and the one with the obnoxious behind both *chose* to be unattractive and offensive by overeating and then not purchasing a second seat, as the rules say they should. Similarly, the people with smelly feet chose to be unattractive and offensive by taking their shoes off and sticking their feet on headrests and tray tables. No one is making of people who are disgusting because of hardships out of their control. Let's stay on topic and keep sharing photos and stories of disgusting pax who lack regard for their fellow passengers.

I see your point about flab overflowing your armrest. That would be offensive to anyone. I don't agree with equating a neatly dressed older lady with a large behind in polyester pants with obnoxious bare feet on headrests and tray tables. That was a very rude photo of an otherwise dignified person minding her own business. Just a pound or three or five weight gain per year that occurs so naturally without even overeating after 40 really adds up.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
[QUOTE=Tizzette;19426698]
The lady who slapped her flab over my armrest and the one with the obnoxious behind both *chose* to be unattractive and offensive by overeating and then not purchasing a second seat, as the rules say they should. Similarly, the people with smelly feet chose to be unattractive and offensive by taking their shoes off and sticking their feet on headrests and tray tables. No one is making of people who are disgusting because of hardships out of their control. Let's stay on topic and keep sharing photos and stories of disgusting pax who lack regard for their fellow passengers.

I see your point about flab overflowing your armrest. That would be offensive to anyone. I don't agree with equating a neatly dressed older lady with a large behind in polyester pants with obnoxious bare feet on headrests and tray tables. That was a very rude photo of an otherwise dignified person minding her own business. Just a pound or three or five weight gain per year that occurs so naturally without even overeating after 40 really adds up.
+1. As long as she is minding her own business and doesn't knock you out with that thang as she is walking by, Her picture does not belong here....
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
On that note, why are there no nose-picking pictures in this thread?
If you have a photo of that, and putting it anywhere on the plane, that would count! IMO that is.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Thread Alert

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Well, let us look at the title of this discussion for guidance on this debate:

I highlighted the key part of the title in red, and my conclusion is that while being overweight may be disgusting to some, it is not an act in and of itself.

Photographic evidence of aggressively “digging for buried treasure” in one’s nose, clipping one’s nails unfettered in terms of their final course of flight once emancipated from their host fingers or toes, or dressing down to expose one’s undergarments for all the world to see aboard aircraft while in flight are all on topic for this discussion — not about photographing and critiquing fellow passengers about their height, weight or other subjective observations in general.
After carefully reviewing input from FlyerTalk members, the Delta SkyMiles forum moderators agreed to remove a photograph posted to this discussion — as well as replies associated with the photograph in question — as the result of an extensive discussion amongst us before agreeing on the appropriate moderator action.

To those FlyerTalk members who specifically asked for that photograph to be deleted, we thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta SkyMiles forum
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
we can officially close this thread as this was just absurd. I mean come on dude! It was hard enough getting a photo of your legs from the next seat let alone sitting next to that situation all flight.

Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Never understood shorts on a plane. We get it's hot out, but not in the airport nor airplane-especially this time of year.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:39 am

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by nepaltnf
we can officially close this thread as this was just absurd. I mean come on dude! It was hard enough getting a photo of your legs from the next seat let alone sitting next to that situation all flight.

That's gross! His ugly foot is across the line too.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Bigfoot has finally been photographed...
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL DM (.00123 MM), UA 1P, Marriott PLT, HI GLD, SW PLT
dl1736 ATL-CMH

First class passenger in row 1, cd side. He alighted the airplane, and he headed to the bathroom. Uses urinal and then immediately leaves. No stop to even rinse his hands, let alone wash them.

The best part, he's got his diamond cow bell tag proudly displayed on his roller along with ...... Wait for it ...... His yellow flyer talk tag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.