Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I flew CDG-BOS on an outdated AF 747 last week. Upon boarding, the gentleman across from me promptly removed his shoes and socks, eschewed the socks supplied in his Affaires amenty kit, and displayed his bare feet for the remainder of the flight.

Please forgive the poor image quality.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 4:21 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by Sabai
I would have dropped a dime on this revolting hayseed. The use of tobacco products is expressly prohibited on DL flights:

Smoking
Delta is a smoke-free airline. Use of tobacco products is prohibited on all Delta-operated or Delta Connection carrier flights systemwide.
Funniest line I've seen posted on FT.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MS02113
I flew CDG-BOS on an outdated AF 747 last week. Upon boarding, the gentleman across from me promptly removed his shoes and socks, eschewed the socks supplied in his Affaires amenty kit, and displayed his bare feet for the remainder of the flight.

Please forgive the poor image quality.
Did he put them on your seat? On the bulkhead? If not, what's the problem? Feet aren't obscene, and you can't catch any germs from looking at them.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 4:43 pm

Barefeet on the bulkhead is nothing compared to the most disgusting thing ever on a flight:

From SLC to SJC on a CRJ200 about a year ago, I'm one of the first to board and, unfortunately, my seat neighbor was right behind. He had some magazines in a plastic bag that he was 'occassionally' reading. He would slowly lowered the bag, but as people were still boarding, he would quickly close the bag again. And he repeated this several times. I finally caught a glimpse of what he was reading and it was Penthouse. I'm thinking, "For real??" but kind of blew it off.

Once everyone was on the plane, he read uninterrupted. The disgusting part was he was also rubbing himself, discreetly, but still doing it!!! I guess he thought the magazine was covering his actions. I couldn't believe it and was so shocked I didn't know what to do. I just cringed and looked out that window. I finally looked around the plane and saw an empty seat a few rows back. I asked the FA if I could move, but she said teh door just closed and I would have to wait until we got to altitude. I begged her and she said No!! Of course, the guy heard this exchange and had to have known why I wanted to change seats, but he kept going at it!!!

Thank God Salt Lake has a high elevation, because it was only a few minutes until we were at 10k ft. I asked the guy to move and he jumped out of the seat quickly. I went back to the empty seat and of course, everyone is wondering what is wrong with me. After I sat down, I told the new seat neighbor what happened so at least he knew I wasn't the crazy one. Then at teh end of the flight as we were deplaning, I told the FA why I wanted to change seats. She couldn't believe and apologized profusely.

So, barefeet on the walls don't bother me... and no, I didn't get any pics. lol.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by irishPirate
I finally caught a glimpse of what he was reading and it was Penthouse. I'm thinking, "For real??" but kind of blew it off.
Had the FA asked him, "Would you like cream with your coffee?", you could have interrupted with, "I think he's all set!"
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:10 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Thanks to this discussion in particular, I am thrilled that the sense of smell is not part of the FlyerTalk experience.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Did he strip down to his underwear?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
I get stripping on the airplane since Delta keeps those suckers a thousand degrees in the summer, but why is the plane inverted?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by mooper
Had the FA asked him, "Would you like cream with your coffee?", you could have interrupted with, "I think he's all set!"
Ha ha, funny... but gross.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by irishPirate
Barefeet on the bulkhead is nothing compared to the most disgusting thing ever on a flight:

From SLC to SJC on a CRJ200 about a year ago, I'm one of the first to board and, unfortunately, my seat neighbor was right behind. He had some magazines in a plastic bag that he was 'occassionally' reading. He would slowly lowered the bag, but as people were still boarding, he would quickly close the bag again. And he repeated this several times. I finally caught a glimpse of what he was reading and it was Penthouse. I'm thinking, "For real??" but kind of blew it off.

Once everyone was on the plane, he read uninterrupted. The disgusting part was he was also rubbing himself, discreetly, but still doing it!!! I guess he thought the magazine was covering his actions. I couldn't believe it and was so shocked I didn't know what to do. I just cringed and looked out that window. I finally looked around the plane and saw an empty seat a few rows back. I asked the FA if I could move, but she said teh door just closed and I would have to wait until we got to altitude. I begged her and she said No!! Of course, the guy heard this exchange and had to have known why I wanted to change seats, but he kept going at it!!!

Thank God Salt Lake has a high elevation, because it was only a few minutes until we were at 10k ft. I asked the guy to move and he jumped out of the seat quickly. I went back to the empty seat and of course, everyone is wondering what is wrong with me. After I sat down, I told the new seat neighbor what happened so at least he knew I wasn't the crazy one. Then at teh end of the flight as we were deplaning, I told the FA why I wanted to change seats. She couldn't believe and apologized profusely.

So, barefeet on the walls don't bother me... and no, I didn't get any pics. lol.
Oh man, reminds me of a China Airlines flight from SEA to TPE a few years back. There was a highly redneck, Eastern Washington state-looking fellow on his way to Thailand (which is highly suspicious in itself). He was sitting at a window seat on the far right, next to a buttoned up, highly respectable looking Asian businessman.

As we're taxiing, he takes - you guessed it, Penthouse - out and begins perusing. But then the cabin lights get dimmed for takeoff, so he can't "read" it anymore. Now he reveals his true kettle self, and can't figure out how to turn on the reading light. He starts manhandling the lights themselves over head (on the A-340 the lightswitch is on the arm-rest.) This goes on for a few minutes until he turns to the respectable, repressed businessman next to him and asks him for help. When the businessman sees what his seatmate is reading, his face turns beet red. He helps him turn the light on and then spends the next hour or so blocking his face with his right hand so as to avoid seeing the magazine...
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Is this for real? Photoshopped? Who takes off their pants on a plane?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Anybody else think that the guy (mercifully) still wearing pants is the actor Dylan Baker?

Old Oct 1, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Oh my!!

At least he kept his socks on: At least the bare feet haters of FT should be satisfied......
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:00 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Well, let us look at the title of this discussion for guidance on this debate:

I highlighted the key part of the title in red, and my conclusion is that while being overweight may be disgusting to some, it is not an act in and of itself.

Photographic evidence of aggressively “digging for buried treasure” in one’s nose, clipping one’s nails unfettered in terms of their final course of flight once emancipated from their host fingers or toes, or dressing down to expose one’s undergarments for all the world to see aboard aircraft while in flight are all on topic for this discussion — not about photographing and critiquing fellow passengers about their height, weight or other subjective observations in general.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 3, 2012 at 12:03 pm Reason: Removed now-deleted quoted content.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.