FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1350303-hall-shame-photographic-evidence-disgusting-acts-delta-air-lines-passengers.html)

Xeno May 27, 2012 1:59 pm

So you guys don't eat off these tables?

rbphilip May 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 18650654)
So you guys don't eat off these tables?

Personally, I eat off of plates that I put onto the table. But I suppose you could dump your food directly on them if you wish.

I wear Tevas when I travel and occasionally kick them off in the lounge - but I don't ever put my feet up on a table. Shoes, socks or barefoot. Too much programming as a child, I suppose.

mg0901 May 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Sorry, but that's disgusting. Who does that? And even worse yet, someone would do that on a plane? UGH. What is wrong with people. :confused:

I would hope the dude doesn't travel to Asia... I don't think it's appropriate in the U.S. or Europe to do that... but especially not in Asia.

adventureadam May 27, 2012 6:25 pm

I wonder if all have considered that in the process of hurtling through the atmosphere, seven miles above earth, in a combustion-powered, terrorist-targeted missile, full of hundreds of people and the resulting fecal matter and contagious diseases, that a person with their foot on or near a missile wall or cheap table is probably pretty low on the list of serious nuisances?

akonradi May 27, 2012 6:55 pm

Hmm... I always use that table when I depart non-Schengen from Frankfurt. Maybe I'll have to find a new spot. :rolleyes:

Tomphot May 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by adventureadam (Post 18651497)
I wonder if all have considered that in the process of hurtling through the atmosphere, seven miles above earth, in a combustion-powered, terrorist-targeted missile, full of hundreds of people and the resulting fecal matter and contagious diseases, that a person with their foot on or near a missile wall or cheap table is probably pretty low on the list of serious nuisances?

????

flymonthly May 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by mother- (Post 18649519)
Not that it's couth, but aren't those feet also hanging in free air and his legs resting on his own suitcase?

I hope you observe better on the job :D

The feet are in the air, but from my viewpoint it looks as if the right calf/leg is resting on the table, not on a suitcase. I guess observation, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.;)

jlisi984 May 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Had the same thing happen in the EK Lounge in BKK. Yucky Chinese guy!! :( :eek:

DVMonthego May 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Live and let live.

Tomphot May 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by DVMonthego (Post 18651875)
Live and let live.

:confused: there are always a few out there

MSPeconomist May 27, 2012 9:21 pm

It's not just DL bare feet. On a LH flight FRA-ORD, the apparently American businessman sitting next to me not only had bare feet during the flight, including trips to the lavatory, but the feet were so filthy that I initially thought he was a member of a different racial/ethnic group than his facial features suggested.

Originally Posted by JerryFF (Post 18650352)
I guess I've spent too much time teaching college students. If I got upset every time I saw someone with bare feet in a place where some people might consider it "inappropriate", I would not have any time for anything academic. :D

I hope you don't look the other way when students go into biology labs in bare feet.

Doc Savage May 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Sabai (Post 18649078)
My fellow 'mericans....

Goodness but we are becoming a uncouth lot.

What makes you think those aren't Teutonic Tootsies in the FRA lounge?

davetravels May 27, 2012 9:45 pm

It's quite clear by the posts here, that, the actual point of contact between said feet/ankles/calves, and the table, if at all, is unclear.

To the OP, the next time you post a potentially ambiguous pic, please first go to the subject of said pic, and identify yourself as "FlyerTalk Delta Forum Unofficial Forum Photographer", and tell them that you want to take their picture to make them an online travel celebrity! :)

MSPeconomist May 27, 2012 9:51 pm

I must say that as bare feet go, these look relatively unoffensive in that they're pretty clean and their owner has at least attempted to keep them off the table.

realjd May 28, 2012 5:58 am

At least his elbows aren't on the table. That would be bad table manners in polite company.