FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1350303-hall-shame-photographic-evidence-disgusting-acts-delta-air-lines-passengers.html)

RBrownTN Jun 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by generaltao (Post 18784544)
The image is misleading. The shoes actually belong to me, a KRYPTONIUM MEDALION. That's me sitting in front of that dude. Letting my footwear air out in the seat pocket of the DM behind me is a program benefit.

Fnork! That was enough to make this lowly FO laugh (as I'm required to do).

DMIrishFlyer Jun 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by lsumegan (Post 18784094)
Some people (myself included) do not wash their hands in public restrooms where you have to touch the door handle to leave. It is pretty much pointless. For this reason, I always carry sanitizer with me and use that after leaving the restroom.

oh god.....

lsumegan Jun 19, 2012 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer (Post 18784905)
oh god.....

What? Just explaining why you shouldn't be so quick to judge people who don't wash their hands in public restrooms.

mapsgl Jun 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 18783591)
Feet using the touch screen is a new one that might require some special skill. Did the passenger have normal use of his/her hands and arms? Could he/she reach the screen with fingers?

She had normal use of her arms and hands. She did have an infant with her. she took off her sandals. And placed her feet on the wall. Then she started working through the AVOD menu.

rwmiller56 Jun 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by mapsgl (Post 18785263)
She had normal use of her arms and hands. She did have an infant with her. she took off her sandals. And placed her feet on the wall. Then she started working through the AVOD menu.

That is so wrong, just WRONG!

TpaDeltaSlave Jun 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Common sense, common courtesy, and just plain old common sense seem to be lacking here... I agree with ALL of you who say we need a "common" thread to post these types of things on, as a sticky or consolidated thread... Whatever works best... Disgusting... Where do some people learn manners????

mattsteg Jun 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by lsumegan (Post 18785122)
What? Just explaining why you shouldn't be so quick to judge people who don't wash their hands in public restrooms.

You could (and should) still wash yours out of courtesy to the rest of us, rather than wiping them on a surface everyone touches in all of their unwashed glory.

Renes Points Jun 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by mattsteg (Post 18786143)
You could (and should) still wash yours out of courtesy to the rest of us, rather than wiping them on a surface everyone touches in all of their unwashed glory.

I love these. They have them in many of the Skyclubs now.

http://www.stepnpull.com/

Would be hard to put on a jet plus I always use my hand towel to open the latch and open the door then toss it out as I leave. I am sure others do as well.

Wife and I also do the "wipe" of the IFE controller and all else we can reach. Guess I need to "windex" the entire seat now. How do I do that with only 3 OZ I ask you. Oh the humanity of it all... :eek: :p

exwannabe Jun 19, 2012 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Delta Points (Post 18786203)
... Guess I need to "windex" the entire seat now. How do I do that with only 3 OZ I ask you. Oh the humanity of it all... :eek: :p

Well, if they serve PDBs you could just wash the seat down with some Woodfords.

mnredfox Jun 20, 2012 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Delta Points (Post 18777954)
Bare feet sure seemed to draw some chatter a while back:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ra-lounge.html

So is this any place to put your shoes in BE for 8 hrs across the pond? :eek:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/deltap...ATL-Mobile.jpg

Wait, is it me or is the same guy not wearing anything waist down. :eek:

mbarreto Jun 20, 2012 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Delta Points (Post 18786203)
I always use my hand towel to open the latch and open the door then toss it out as I leave. I am sure others do as well.

+1 Here!!! I either use the towel to open the door (then sometimes have to hold the door with my foot while tossing the towel), or I do it the sneaky way: wash my hands for an exceedingly long time until someone else leaves the restroom, then I quickly follow behind before the door closes! :D

Crazyhotelguy Jun 20, 2012 4:39 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 18787071)
Wait, is it me or is the same guy not wearing anything waist down. :eek:

:D. Those are some short shorts... And I am sure those shoes do not work well with that outfit.....

realjd Jun 20, 2012 8:32 am

Originally Posted by matthewf (Post 18782651)
Really, how much worse are feet than hands anyways.

Seriously. Floors are dirty as in dirt but not dirty as in germs. People don't sneeze, cough, pick their nose, or use the bathroom with their feet. While I agree it's impolite to do things like use AVOD with your feet or put them up on a table in a public place, I don't necessarily understand the gross-out foot hangups that some people here have. But I'm also not the kind of person to wipe down shopping cart handles or AVOD controllers with sanitary wipes like I often see people do. One of my coworkers even wipes down everything in a new hotel room, including phone handles and remote controls. I make sure to wash my hands after using the restroom and before eating, but I figure a few extra germs here or there is good for my immune system. We don't want those white blood cells getting complacent and lazy now. :)

Not that I don't have my own hangups of course! People performing personal grooming in public places I consider to the worst offenses. I don't need to see you flossing in a public bathroom, or clipping your finger or toe nails. Or smelly food on an airplane. I'd much rather have a guy with his bare feet up than a guy eating something strong smelling sitting next to me. Yuck!

querb Jun 20, 2012 10:33 am

Originally Posted by realjd (Post 18788678)
Seriously. Floors are dirty as in dirt but not dirty as in germs. People don't sneeze, cough, pick their nose, or use the bathroom with their feet. While I agree it's impolite to do things like use AVOD with your feet or put them up on a table in a public place, I don't necessarily understand the gross-out foot hangups that some people here have. But I'm also not the kind of person to wipe down shopping cart handles or AVOD controllers with sanitary wipes like I often see people do. One of my coworkers even wipes down everything in a new hotel room, including phone handles and remote controls. I make sure to wash my hands after using the restroom and before eating, but I figure a few extra germs here or there is good for my immune system. We don't want those white blood cells getting complacent and lazy now. :)

Not that I don't have my own hangups of course! People performing personal grooming in public places I consider to the worst offenses. I don't need to see you flossing in a public bathroom, or clipping your finger or toe nails. Or smelly food on an airplane. I'd much rather have a guy with his bare feet up than a guy eating something strong smelling sitting next to me. Yuck!

OCD much?

oreo2222 Jun 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer (Post 18784905)
oh god.....

:D

I'm actually amazed that anyone can sit on a plane for over 10hrs without taking off their shoes? The airlines are the first to encourage it on long haul. AF gives a shoe bag, EK has a hold all where one can put shoes in, well, on the 380 at least. These are far from the only airlines that supply something to carry shoes. It has always amazed me that DL BE supplies nothing.

Of course, taking off ones shoes doesn't mean keeping them off to walk around in!

Maybe this pic should be forwarded to the CEO to give him a hint that the amenity kit is missing a couple of things?