FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1350303-hall-shame-photographic-evidence-disgusting-acts-delta-air-lines-passengers.html)

mnredfox Apr 28, 12 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer (Post 18471546)
Oh please. :td: :td: :td: to pictures.

Do we really need creepers posting voyeuristic shots and/or vids on FT of total strangers with their feet up or doing yoga in the gate area, etc.?

Voyeuristic no, but pictures to shame pax for being obnoxious selfish inconsiderate jerks yes.

peachy_ May 2, 12 5:29 pm

the lady with her feet on your seatback

That was no lady....

dh01 May 2, 12 5:49 pm

White trash, no other way to describe it

GRALISTAIR May 2, 12 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 18477535)
Voyeuristic no, but pictures to shame pax for being obnoxious selfish inconsiderate jerks yes.

+1

thaliajen May 2, 12 6:45 pm

Yuck! ANd rude. I AM not yet a Delta flyer YET but a Plat from CO..I mean, UA... BUT, is it THAT much worse than having someone recline all the way back?

On UA flights, the seats on the 737-800/900s recline so far back that I literally had a head in my lap 2 weeks ago, and it wasn't what you're thinking! ;) This man had the seat I'd given up (b/c I prefer having space to stow things) and he lowered his seat so low that it slammed my laptop shut. And his bald head was gleaming from the VERY bright window where he'd left the shade open so he could SLEEP. No matter that the drop down movie screen was in HIS row or that they'd asked pax near the windows to lower their shades for the movie.

He was even told that there was an off-duty FA willing to leave her seat in 1st so he could sit by himself, as there were so many people complaining about not seeing the screen. But Mr. "I don't CARE" was rude to an entire cabin. And when asked to raise his seat a bit after he smashed into my laptop for the 2nd time after returning from the bathroom, he said no. No excuses, no apologies, just no.

I wouldn't have minded so much if he hadn't been snoring and/or scratching his head the whole time. It was disgusting. There has to be a line somewhere that we don't cross, and shoes on a seat or purposefully ruining a flight for people crosses that line. My seatmate happened to be disabled with those arm crutches, and his aisle seat was useless as the man in front of HIM did the same as the man in front of ME. I don't know if Delta has the same problem, but I do know that if UA doesn't fix their seats soon, they're going to end up with a lawsuit on their hands. All it will take is one very tall person and that seatback will slam into someone's knees!

DL2SXM May 2, 12 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by thaliajen (Post 18503389)
Yuck! ANd rude. I AM not yet a Delta flyer YET but a Plat from CO..I mean, UA... BUT, is it THAT much worse than having someone recline all the way back?

On UA flights, the seats on the 737-800/900s recline so far back that I literally had a head in my lap 2 weeks ago, and it wasn't what you're thinking! ;) This man had the seat I'd given up (b/c I prefer having space to stow things) and he lowered his seat so low that it slammed my laptop shut. And his bald head was gleaming from the VERY bright window where he'd left the shade open so he could SLEEP. No matter that the drop down movie screen was in HIS row or that they'd asked pax near the windows to lower their shades for the movie.

He was even told that there was an off-duty FA willing to leave her seat in 1st so he could sit by himself, as there were so many people complaining about not seeing the screen. But Mr. "I don't CARE" was rude to an entire cabin. And when asked to raise his seat a bit after he smashed into my laptop for the 2nd time after returning from the bathroom, he said no. No excuses, no apologies, just no.

I wouldn't have minded so much if he hadn't been snoring and/or scratching his head the whole time. It was disgusting. There has to be a line somewhere that we don't cross, and shoes on a seat or purposefully ruining a flight for people crosses that line. My seatmate happened to be disabled with those arm crutches, and his aisle seat was useless as the man in front of HIM did the same as the man in front of ME. I don't know if Delta has the same problem, but I do know that if UA doesn't fix their seats soon, they're going to end up with a lawsuit on their hands. All it will take is one very tall person and that seatback will slam into someone's knees!

Is the pitch that drastic on UA's planes? I once had a bad experience on a CO 757 with reclining seats.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ht-saying.html

PRWeezer May 2, 12 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by nypdLieu (Post 18503546)
Is the pitch that drastic on UA's planes? I once had a bad experience on a CO 757 with reclining seats.

Wow I only read the first couple of posts, but I've had "that guy" in front of me reclining before takeoff, and I'm that girl who's not a fan...only in one case I was clearly the winner.

Long story short, in the late 1990s, before GIDS when out of LAX you would still get pulled up for an upgrade on board by a Red Coat...I got my revenge on "that guy" whose seat had been reclined since he boarded. He was in his tank top, on his way to the Bahamas, carrying on about how much of a big shot he was flying to the Bahamas (while in coach). When I was bumped up by the Red Coat he said, "what did she do, you taking her off?" I had the pleasure of saying, as the Red Coat retrieved my carry on from the overhead, "no, sir, I'm headed up front for a glass of champagne, feel free to recline your seat now." :p

itsaboutthejourney May 2, 12 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer (Post 18476763)
Go back and read the previous post then ask yourself, "If I was the person asleep in the aisle seat behind Ms Legs-up, would I appreciate some [email protected]$$ doing flash photography right in my face". I'm pretty sure you would find this totally inappropriate. You probably wouldn't care to have your likeness posted on the internets, either.

Yes, the MikeMpls look-alike should have the face blurred if put on the internets but other than that I'm willing to sacrifice a little flash to teach the foot-putter-upper a lesson.

Originally Posted by nypdLieu (Post 18503546)

No wonder Diamond's have such a bad DYKWIA reputation. Shame on you for your behavior, even if you were in the right. :td:

Originally Posted by nypdLieu (Post 18504525)
:rolleyes: seriously? shame on me? I'm minding my own business, and the jackass behind me is endlessly kneeing my seat, even after I asked him to stop? Sorry, but it wasn't my behavior that was in the wrong.

Yup, seriously. The words entitled and anger management come to mind reading your own words:

nypdLieu: I finally turn around and call the couple sitting behind me an a$$hole. Not to loud, but loud enough for the lead flight attendant to hear me as he walked by. At this point he stops and engages me and without him even asking what the problem was, he threatened to have me removed from the plane.

Everytime I tried to explain to him what the problem was, he just said, Sir, I will have you removed from the plane.

At this point I am very aggravated now, my voice raising, trying to remain calm, I ask for the flight attendants name. he gave me his first name and said thats all I am getting.

Orion May 2, 12 8:38 pm

This same thing happened to me last Saturday while flying Delta from DCA to MSP. I felt someone kicking the back of my seat. I gave it ten minutes. I assumed it was a child and the parents would get it under control. When it continued I turned to look and a young woman had her feet on my seatback right near my ears.
I asked her to take her feet down. I guess she did. I didn't experience any more jostling.

DL2SXM May 2, 12 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney (Post 18503993)
No wonder Diamond's have such a bad DYKWIA reputation. Shame on you for your behavior, even if you were in the right. :td:

:rolleyes: seriously? shame on me? I'm minding my own business, and the jackass behind me is endlessly kneeing my seat, even after I asked him to stop? Sorry, but it wasn't my behavior that was in the wrong.

Sabai May 3, 12 3:42 am

After some more back and forth and nastiness, I finally turn around and call the couple sitting behind me an a$$hole.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney (Post 18504896)
Yup, seriously. The words entitled and anger management come to mind reading your own words:

Nah, that sort of comportment is known as New York Nice. It's a little more bare-knuckled than the Minnesota version.

DL2SXM May 27, 12 2:38 am

WARNING***GRAPHIC IMAGE**Barefeet resting on a table in DL's FRA lounge!!

This is bad. And I thought the lady with her feet up on the headrest of the person sitting in front of her was bad. Get a load of this jerk.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...DSC_0001-2.jpg

cottonpatch May 27, 12 2:42 am

"NSFW"

DL2SXM May 27, 12 2:50 am

Originally Posted by cottonpatch (Post 18648520)
"NSFW"

nsfw??

DevilsX May 27, 12 2:53 am

Not safe for work indeed. Is this common behavior?