Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
The usual cry of "But it's my butt in the seat" really ny applies to a mileage based system. Revenue based is a whole 'nother ball game.
Not necessarily true. When I travel, it's my butt in the bed with my Hilton account despite the fact that I'm spending OPM and the hotel programs are revenue-based. Take Hilton, for example, their program provides 10 base points per dollar spend. Then, 15%, 25% or 50% base point bonuses depending on elite level (silver, gold, and diamond). Redemption then is category-driven with certain properties costing more points that others.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Nuts are healthy and you got a deal on them. Save one pack for later.
Originally Posted by Bozzie4
Reminds me of a guy I bought nuts from in Times Square. A pack of nuts was $3.00. I started to give him $3.00, but then he said, "I tell you what, give me that five-dollar bill and I'll give you two packs of nuts."

Sounds like a great deal until you realize he's selling you nuts.
The ones that they sell in NYC are coated with candy IIRC.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by bubbashow
You may want to give the UA J a ride in the new 777 layout. HORRIBLE! It is to international J what DL domestic F is to....well, first class. 8 abreast seating, narrow seats. It IS "Business" I guess - that is what it says on your boarding pass
That too. I've never liked UA. AA doesn't have that many TPAC options. SQ and CX are great, but expensive. DL is by far my best option... as things stand now.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HongKonger
That too. I've never liked UA. AA doesn't have that many TPAC options. SQ and CX are great, but expensive. DL is by far my best option... as things stand now.
KE TPAC isn't that bad.
Cheaper than AC, CX for an upcoming trip.
And AA can't fly to CEB as there are no connection options in NRT.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:29 am
EZE

Programs: All of em more or less
Yield versus Revenue

One thing I am curious about is yield versus revenue. If there is going to be a realignment, shouldn't they reward the highest yielding Pax rather than highest revenue pax? I can pay DL $500 a week flying between DCA and ATL or from BWI to LAX and produce the same annual spend but DL's costs are less and profits more on the higher yielding nonstop to ATL. I understand that eliminating the MRs may be one of the core goals here but if they are truly trying to reward the most profitable pax, I think they should find some way to reward yield rather than rev. Maybe theY should compare the yield paid versus the prior year's System CASM to award points.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jsmith50
Not necessarily true. When I travel, it's my butt in the bed with my Hilton account despite the fact that I'm spending OPM and the hotel programs are revenue-based. Take Hilton, for example, their program provides 10 base points per dollar spend. Then, 15%, 25% or 50% base point bonuses depending on elite level (silver, gold, and diamond). Redemption then is category-driven with certain properties costing more points that others.
However, hotel programs are only partially rev based... as you said they give bonuses for 'loyalty' and also other promotions. However, on the redemption side the points requirement is only loosely related to room cost... it is more based upon redemption demand. I can find a hotel that costs 250/nt but is a very redemption category and others that cost less but are very high category.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
JIC people think yours truly has been 'laying low before the bomb drops', I can assure you that it's only because there is still 'no news' on the home front (not even anything on the current issues with AF/KL either).

Still here, still waiting like everyone else... IF there is a 'big change' in the wind, I must be living in a cave...
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I saw this for what its worth:

http://travel.usatoday.com/alliance/...ogram/653565/1
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by LedgeT
Let's keep in mind the term "targeted" for Q1, 2012... If this board flames me on 01 April for no announcement, I'm gone. As mentioned before, you can search my post history and find that I do nothing but help DL flyers. Posts like yours drive me away from DL FT.
This has all the makings of a class A hissy fit.

I've checked with my sources at Delta. There are adjustments being considered for HVC's, nothing huge or earth shattering. I was told Skymiles is always being looked at from a number of different angles for ways to make it better for users, while at the same time fit in the corporate box it needs to stay in.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Shocking how we keep making the news
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by fracas
This has all the makings of a class A hissy fit.

I've checked with my sources at Delta. There are adjustments being considered for HVC's, nothing huge or earth shattering. I was told Skymiles is always being looked at from a number of different angles for ways to make it better for users, while at the same time fit in the corporate box it needs to stay in.
As said up thread: LedgeT is an insider who has personally helped me and many other FT'ers. If the "hissy fit" comment is directed at LedgeT you ought to understand who LedgeT is and what prior posts/contributions have been made before making a statement like that.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by avidflyer
As said up thread: LedgeT is an insider who has personally helped me and many other FT'ers. If the "hissy fit" comment is directed at LedgeT you ought to understand who LedgeT is and what prior posts/contributions have been made before making a statement like that.
I'm not the one that described normal conversation as "flaming" and threatened to take my ball and go home.

If LedgeT is truly omnipotent, my apologies for having people at Delta tell me something different than he has posted here.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I believe I have figured it out.......this is a cleverly devised plan (actually cranked out by some intern in Jeff's department) to divide the FT community and turn it into a raging sea of petulant argumentation, ultimately rendering it useless as social media tool. This has been DL's desire all along. Revenge will be theirs!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Moderator suggestion

I'm sure skymilesinsider is in a tough spot here, but I hope the moderators are prepared to act quickly with or without a 'heads up' from Delta Loyalty.

I'd propose this thread be locked and seperate master threads are established for each component of the new program, each sticking to discussing the pros/cons of the program component with another commentary thread for 'venting' with possibly a poll function added.

Just a suggestion.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
However, hotel programs are only partially rev based... as you said they give bonuses for 'loyalty' and also other promotions. However, on the redemption side the points requirement is only loosely related to room cost... it is more based upon redemption demand. I can find a hotel that costs 250/nt but is a very redemption category and others that cost less but are very high category.
I don't disagree with you that this is a partially revenue driven model. I would not be at all surprised to see DL move to a similar system, however. Remember, DL grants bonus miles based on elite status level. It would not surprise me to see them continue such a bonus system for a revenue-based model whereas the average, non-medallion flyer, gets a set level of miles per dollar spent and redemption reflects that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.