Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Dovster
I agree.

If I am the corporate spokesman for Acme Widgets, and a there is a report in the media that our widgets cause cancer, I will definitely deny it if it is not true but, if they are indeed carcinogenic, I might well refuse to comment.
And what would you say if you weren't sure?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Another mis-match between DL advertising and DL management behavior

From a DL Private Jets ad in the SkyClub...

"SURPRISES are best meant for family {not contracts}"

I'm awaiting to learn what surprises DL management has for us with respect to our FF program "contracts"
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
And what would you say if you weren't sure?
I would say that I have no information about it.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: DL DM. Marriott Plat. Hyatt DM.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
... and as DL is in the habit of annually making negative changes to the value of miles earned from flight tickets for flight tickets using miles, it's pretty much a fight against the trend to conclude that this year will be any different than last year or the year before or the year before.

DL's "loyalty" program is already a revenue-based program, but DL is intent upon trying to make it even more revenue-enhancing .... but at the expense of DL customers in the main. The longer DL delays the changes in a given year to meet those management objectives, the closer the changes are to hitting in the given year.
Okay I have officially had enough of the whining. Delta's FF program is as good or better than any other that is out there:

I booked business class to europe in low J 100K
Flew my son with me to Belize 40K for first class ticket and very low YQ
Excellent customer service-porsche, sdc, phone service, etc etc
Even SWU's work well for me-I can fly to asia for 3500.00 and get GAURANTEED first class-not the F class roulette game
Can fly Canada to USA consistently for 25K miles with low YQ fees
Need I go on

People get over yourselves. If you want special treatment and everything for free then spend more money with Delta
They are a business and not a charity

Okay my vent is over
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by JPCAG
Even SWU's work well for me-I can fly to asia for 3500.00 and get GAURANTEED first class-not the F class roulette game
over

Sorry but this is impossible.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Milestone passed...

Over 100,000 views for this thread.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Thumbs down

How did this thread not make the "Hot Threads" section of the TalkMail Newsletter?????

Is there a single more active thread on FT right now?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by mike_plat
Facebook won't stop them in their tracks. People leaving for another carrier will. How likely is that to happen with other huge carriers introducing changes that are unpopular? Why don't the "flying naive" already know that SkyMiles are worth only 60% of major competitors' miles and leave for that reason? It's been bantered about in the blogosphere going on 3 years now.
I completely agree with you on this. If other carriers immediately follow suit, we are all screwed.

I certainly did not understand how bad Skypesos were until I started reading this stuff, getting more creative last November.

To the long, windy other post replying to me, I would clearly state I think many high revenue passengers "don't get it" not just infrequent flyers. This is the fine line Delta will have to navigate. If the changes enhance their experience in getting upgrades, etc., and they can redeem miles easier than before for at least the same value, then I'd say we are done. However, the clear danger for Delta is exactly how they structure redemption. If they start seeing, that can't get crap anymore for redemption, and this is explained correctly, I think Delta has an BIG issue. That is where social media could really help. Not everyone reads Flyertalk.....

It kind of stinks being in this waiting game for the shoe to fall.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by mother-
How did this thread not make the "Hot Threads" section of the TalkMail Newsletter????? Is there a single more active thread on FT right now?
Could it have something to do with the Internet Brands and Delta's advertising choices? Conflict of interest? Nah....

MO
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Over 100,000 views for this thread.
You beat me to it. EPIC
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: UA Silver
Okay I have officially had enough of the whining. Delta's FF program is as good or better than any other that is out there:

Need I go on

People get over yourselves. If you want special treatment and everything for free then spend more money with Delta

Okay my vent is over
You are not whining simply because the benefits that are important to YOU are still there (for now). What if DL increases the mileage for your BE ticket to 300k, increases the price to use SWU to $7000 and charges $100 YQ on award ticket? Well, I'm sure you wouldn't be whining -- you'll just spend more money with Delta
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by blug
You are not whining simply because the benefits that are important to YOU are still there (for now). What if DL increases the mileage for your BE ticket to 300k, increases the price to use SWU to $7000 and charges $100 YQ on award ticket? Well, I'm sure you wouldn't be whining -- you'll just spend more money with Delta
What if the moon really is made of cheese, and moon rocks are really from Bakersfield. Stuff like this trips me out big time.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club

Need I go on

Okay my vent is over
You should be particularly concerned. If DL goes to fare-based redemptions, do you really think your J class TATL award tix are going to be 100k miles anymore? Or FC to Belize for 40k?

And you can't pretend DL's SWUs are anything but worst in class. Upgradeable fare classes on other airlines (UA/AA) are half the price.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
If you want special treatment and everything for free then spend more money

So if you want things for free, spend more money. Of course, why didn't we all just think of that!

It totally solves the whole Delta wants to force us to spend more money and get less in return for it problem!

(And enjoy your 750,000 mile BE tickets!)
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
And one day, at band camp ....

(I've always wanted to quote that line at sometime in my posting career) .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.