FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1318124-do-you-know-who-i-am-definitive-thread-dykwia-stories.html)

GYEWorldTraveler Oct 14, 2010 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 14948301)
I know what you are saying (and agree that the level of entitlement is unbelievable) but they will almost NEVER sell out FC on a DTW-LAX 777. VERY FEW FC cabins sell more than 50% at full FC price. You will occasionally get higher "paid" numbers on routes where they sell A fares but 100% sold out is very rare.

I fully understand this, I'm just saying that some flights have more paid FC passengers and occassionally have more premium traffic that make an upgrade more difficult. I can tell you that a lot of the traffic on that flight was continuing on to Sydney and some was connecting traffic from Europe it seemed. I'm guessing the guy purchased his ticket like a couple days before the flight at a lower bucket fare and it was probably after a lot of DM and PMs already had cleared upgrades which made him not be upgraded. I have several friends that are Diamonds and they always buy lower bucket fares L, U, T and get upgraded but the routes they seem to be most unsuccessful on are the hub-hub flights and transcons (JFK-LAX). I love flying through MSP, DTW and MEM because they seem to be the easiest to get upgrades, especially at your window

MachOne Oct 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls (Post 14947350)
We see a lot of them in FT, too. They elevate DYKWHIA to a new level. :rolleyes:

After reading this thread. there may need to be an amendment:

DYKWFIA

mo

avidflyer Oct 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by MachOne (Post 14948415)
After reading this thread. there may need to be an amendment:

DYKWFIA

mo

Yea I noticed that too.

davetravels Oct 14, 2010 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 14948287)
Absolutely. What you do not understand (but will after the ceremony when you cross DM) is that DMs have control of the entire FC seat map. Even if you get an aisle, I am going to come along and move you over. Nice unpublished perk but I want to be able to move people back to coach so I can get more companions up front..

Ha! Funny! I was wondering why all of the hubub on that recent thread - "Who moved my seats?" :D I'm picturing playing bejeweled - DM moving people's seats around like colored jewels on the screen! Maybe not even for your own benefit - just for fun, or just because you can!!! :D

MR_MAMA Oct 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 14948287)
Absolutely. What you do not understand (but will after the ceremony when you cross DM) is that DMs have control of the entire FC seat map. Even if you get an aisle, I am going to come along and move you over. Nice unpublished perk but I want to be able to move people back to coach so I can get more companions up front..

OMG that was YOU. I swear someone came in and changed all my seats this week. I actually now write them down in case I was imagining this.

avidflyer Oct 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA (Post 14948471)
OMG that was YOU. I swear someone came in and changed all my seats this week. I actually now write them down in case I was imagining this.

:D:D:D

UpstateSCDLFlyer Oct 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa (Post 14947868)
Did he have flyer talk bag tags as well? :D
I feel so dirty and unworthy being a lowly PM MM - I'm just grateful that Delta allows me to sit in 37d between the sumo wrestlers with weak kidneys :D

Man, I am so with you on this! I can't get upgraded these days to save my soul, but it's no big deal. I wish Delta would actually give us MMs a bit of status... I'm amazed at the new elite folks and their entitlement mentality...

MSPeconomist Oct 14, 2010 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 14948443)
Ha! Funny! I was wondering why all of the hubub on that recent thread - "Who moved my seats?" :D I'm picturing playing bejeweled - DM moving people's seats around like colored jewels on the screen! Maybe not even for your own benefit - just for fun, or just because you can!!! :D

This would be a lot of fun, either on delta.dumb or as a new enhancement to IFE.

golfingboy Oct 14, 2010 10:44 pm

What's next? Hi I am a Diamond, and I have to bypass the TSA?

Some people nowadays :rolleyes:

I agree with avidflyer regarding LA people's DYKWFIA attitude.

randidliyo Oct 14, 2010 10:58 pm

Speaking on entitlement or...whatever, check out the other thread over there about BIS Diamonds. Stating that he or she achieved DM status WITHOUT any bonuses or whatever, got DM by actually flying 125K miles.....implying that he/she is a REAL Diamond, not some fake diamond like me since I got a few bonus miles this year.

It goes on and on. :D

davetravels Oct 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by randidliyo (Post 14949101)
Stating that he or she achieved DM status WITHOUT any bonuses or whatever, got DM by actually flying 125K miles.....

Don't their cards and luggage tags have a special gold star or something? :)

Edited to add . . . I understand the gold stars are removable, so you can peel them off your DM card and put them on your forhead for everyone to see inflight!

tvnwz Oct 14, 2010 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by randidliyo (Post 14949101)
Speaking on entitlement or...whatever, check out the other thread over there about BIS Diamonds. Stating that he or she achieved DM status WITHOUT any bonuses or whatever, got DM by actually flying 125K miles.....implying that he/she is a REAL Diamond, not some fake diamond like me since I got a few bonus miles this year.

It goes on and on. :D

Yes, we call you a CZ-DM. Cubic Zirconia.:D

tomas.t Oct 14, 2010 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA (Post 14948297)
I wasn't talking to you specifically. I was responding to the fact that you said the person might be a FT member and I was stating that this happened while boarding a flight to LAX.

It's always great at LAX when you are 67th on the U/G list on the ATL run.

brad9696 Oct 15, 2010 12:59 am

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA (Post 14947205)
I have NEVER seen anything like this.

We were getting ready to board, they call FC, we are actually on the blue carpet and they start boarding. I am standing with another woman talking and moving towards the scanner, and only one other person is in front of us. All of a sudden out of no where some guy comes from the back, says excuse me I'm a Diamond I have to board (no kidding) then he tells his 4 buddies, oh come up with me and they all cut in front of everyone to go to the front of the line. The GA scans all the BP's and let's them on and me and the other woman just stop and stare like did that really happen? So we get on board and of course I expect to see them all in FC, the Diamond guy is In first and the "buddies" are in the last few rows of coach.

Maybe his need for "status" here means he's trying to compensate for lack of "status" elsewhere ;)

SusanDK Oct 15, 2010 1:26 am

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 14949113)
Edited to add . . . I understand the gold stars are removable, so you can peel them off your DM card and put them on your forhead for everyone to see inflight!

Maybe DL should start issuing tiaras to DMs that they can wear from now on, waltzing through airports, in the lounge and inflight.

Susan