FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1318124-do-you-know-who-i-am-definitive-thread-dykwia-stories.html)

USAF_Pride Jan 7, 2011 6:47 am

On my flight down to PHX, I was in 5D and could see the heels (not just the toes) of 1A on the bulkhead. I am in 1A now sitting next to the King of the Gate Lice, but that is a whole different thread.

DelrayChris Jan 7, 2011 9:55 am

Originally Posted by jjglaze77 (Post 15586687)

Absolutely disgusting and classless. And to think that those bare feet walked on the floor while going through security... YUCK...

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...4a8572bd90.gif

DLNYC Jan 7, 2011 10:16 am

Originally Posted by taylorc418 (Post 15603191)
::rant on::

5C - sad that my Wired article on AI was interrupted by "It's a Party in the USAAAAAAAA"

You got it wrong. It's "heeeeey-yeeeeah-eeee-aah, it's a party in the USA. So I put my hands up...."

hazelrah Jan 7, 2011 10:26 am

Originally Posted by jjglaze77 (Post 15586687)
AMEN to that!
PS - Delta, please install actual bulkheads between F & Y. Thanks!

Yuck!

runCMD Jan 7, 2011 10:36 am

Mr Entitlement -

This image was taken of Mr Entertainment as soon as the announcement came on indicating it was safe to use electronic equipment. He didn't ask me why I took his picture - I was ok with that.

If you mess with my safety - you are messing with the safety of everyone that depends on me.

On a related note: Idaho flier accused of punching teen for not turning off iPhone during landing

Crazyhotelguy Jan 7, 2011 10:46 am

Originally Posted by runCMD (Post 15604857)
If you mess with my safety - you are messing with the safety of everyone that depends on me.

On a related note: Idaho flier accused of punching teen for not turning off iPhone during landing

OMG, i think this guy was on my flight to FCA the other night. The FA asked him 5 times to turn off his IPad. At what point should a fine be issued???

DelrayChris Jan 7, 2011 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 15604930)
The FA asked him 5 times to turn off his IPad.

Therein lies the problem: airlines have no teeth when it comes to enforcing these rules or punishing those who choose not to follow them.

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 15604930)
At what point should a fine be issued

One warning, in my opinion, and then a $1,000 fine. Issue the fine and let the PAX spend the time sorting it out. Once a few of those are handed-out people will get the message.

People already know the rules when they board.

Crazyhotelguy Jan 7, 2011 10:53 am

Today , I have Mr. 1A with laptop on the tray table doing some sort of video chat/Skype type thing as he appears to be talking to himself. Coffee cup in the center console and breakfast tray turned sideways.... If he did not have me here, I am sure that my entire area would be covered with his stuff...... Why are people so selfish and inconsiderate. I am worried if I impede on anyone else's space in the slightest.....

javabytes Jan 7, 2011 10:56 am

Originally Posted by DelrayChris (Post 15604971)
Therein lies the problem: airlines have no teeth when it comes to enforcing these rules or punishing those who choose not to follow them.

Sure they do. Failure to comply with crew instructions. They should use it for things like this, instead of the ridiculous cases you hear about with a power tripping FA.

avidflyer Jan 7, 2011 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 15605002)
Today , I have Mr. 1A with laptop on the tray table doing some sort of video chat/Skype type thing as he appears to be talking to himself. Coffee cup in the center console and breakfast tray turned sideways.... If he did not have me here, I am sure that my entire area would be covered with his stuff...... Why are people so selfish and inconsiderate. I am worried if I impede on anyone else's space in the slightest.....

I am the one next to you. If you would friggen move over a little I could set up my web cam and speakers and do a video call with you. But since you refuse to give me more space I have to communicate with you via Flyertalk. I am getting up to use the Lav now. Can you ask the FA to bring me another Bloody Mary?

:):)

Crazyhotelguy Jan 7, 2011 10:57 am

Originally Posted by DelrayChris (Post 15604971)

One warning, in my opinion, and then a $1,000 fine. Issue the fine and let the PAX spend the time sorting it out. Once a few of those are handed-out people will get the message.

People already know the rules when they board.

She told him a couple of times and then walked to the front. As soon as she sat down, he opened it again.. She came back and questioned him. He did not fully power it off. At this point, we are taxiing. I do not think that I have that kind of patience....

Crazyhotelguy Jan 7, 2011 10:59 am

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 15605039)
I am the one next to you. If you would friggen move over a little I could set up my web cam and speakers and do a video call with you. But since you refuse to give me more space I have to communicate with you via Flyertalk. I am getting up to use the Lav now. Can you ask the FA to bring me another Bloody Mary?

:):)

LOL

obscure2k Jan 7, 2011 10:59 am

Folks, this thread is not DL-specific.
Closing Thread.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

DelrayChris Jan 7, 2011 10:59 am

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 15605032)
Sure they do. Failure to comply with crew instructions. They should use it for things like this, instead of the ridiculous cases you hear about with a power tripping FA.

I would gladly welcome hearing or reading about a case someone was sanctioned for failure to follow crew instructions in regard to the use of an electronic device.

jimrpa Jan 25, 2011 10:04 am

Move Your Cr*p Dude!

Public Service Announcement for morons in the SkyClub:

That little table between chairs is NOT where you pile your duffel bags, garment bags, hat boxes, steamer trunks and shipping crates. It's primary purpose is to provide a place to set down glasses and plates from the SkyClub SkyFoodPit (TM). I shouldn't have to ask you to move your cr*p while you're busy yelling loudly on your phone about how you thought Joe and Sally were canned and you just heard that within an hour they got promotions, pay raises and cushy jobs with SuperMegaCorp in Ft. Lauderdale.

Full Disclosure - They SkyFootPit in the A17 SkyClub was kept impeccable by the attendant today, an errant olive couldn't roll more than about 2 inches before the attendant rushed over to tidy things up! For a moment I thought I was in NRT or something :D