FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1318124-do-you-know-who-i-am-definitive-thread-dykwia-stories.html)

florin Oct 15, 2010 2:11 am

So... another thread complaining about a rude pax cutting in line? Wow... I can never get enough of these.:rolleyes:

davetravels Oct 15, 2010 5:08 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK (Post 14949460)
Maybe DL should start issuing tiaras to DMs that they can wear from now on, waltzing through airports, in the lounge and inflight.

Originally Posted by tvnwz (Post 14949190)
Yes, we call you a CZ-DM. Cubic Zirconia.:D

Yes! But would there be 2 versions? Real diamonds and CZ? :)

socrates Oct 15, 2010 5:14 am

Originally Posted by jimrpa (Post 14947868)
Did he have flyer talk bag tags as well? :D
I feel so dirty and unworthy being a lowly PM MM - I'm just grateful that Delta allows me to sit in 37d between the sumo wrestlers with weak kidneys :D

oh is that your seat I keep kicking...I'm usually in 38D...my seat mates seem a little larger than yours :( and they constantly ask if I mind if they raise the arm rest....for the 37th time YES I DO MIND!

ncwillett Oct 15, 2010 5:21 am

Originally Posted by randidliyo (Post 14949101)
Speaking on entitlement or...whatever, check out the other thread over there about BIS Diamonds. Stating that he or she achieved DM status WITHOUT any bonuses or whatever, got DM by actually flying 125K miles.....implying that he/she is a REAL Diamond, not some fake diamond like me since I got a few bonus miles this year.

It goes on and on. :D

May Delta should add a new level between platinum and "real" diamond.....call it the "cubic zirconia" medallion level. :D

ncwillett Oct 15, 2010 5:22 am

Originally Posted by tvnwz (Post 14949190)
Yes, we call you a CZ-DM. Cubic Zirconia.:D

Dang, I should have read ahead before I posted basically the same thought!

Tomphot Oct 15, 2010 5:24 am

It's obvious that way too many people are using the Priority carpet which causes this problem.
DL needs to create a new Diamond Corral next to the Priority line and have a dedicated agent checking the credentials of anyone trying to enter.
IMO, that would solve everything and we wouldn't have to push our way through the masses anymore.;)

thezipper Oct 15, 2010 5:29 am

maybe... but you forgot about that other "Club" which forever will not be named again ;)

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 14947320)
Clearly your friend does not know who I am. DM is the highest and mine goes to eleven.

mjcewl1284 Oct 15, 2010 6:55 am

"Hey, you and me both but I was here first, thanks."

MachOne Oct 15, 2010 6:58 am

DYKWFIA? IABISDM! :d

tentseller Oct 15, 2010 8:03 am

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 14948443)
Ha! Funny! I was wondering why all of the hubub on that recent thread - "Who moved my seats?" :D I'm picturing playing bejeweled - DM moving people's seats around like colored jewels on the screen! Maybe not even for your own benefit - just for fun, or just because you can!!! :D

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 14948549)
This would be a lot of fun, either on delta.dumb or as a new enhancement to IFE.

Why not just change the graphic to show pax(D/P/G/S) and seats instead of jewels.

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 14949113)
Don't their cards and luggage tags have a special gold star or something? :)

Edited to add . . . I understand the gold stars are removable, so you can peel them off your DM card and put them on your forhead for everyone to see inflight!

Just like Sneetches! (Dr Suess)

=====

"Excuse me, the DM on this flight has voted you off the plane!"

MR_MAMA Oct 15, 2010 8:49 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK (Post 14949460)
Maybe DL should start issuing tiaras to DMs that they can wear from now on, waltzing through airports, in the lounge and inflight.

Susan

You mean they don't? THATS it, NEVER flying DL again, going to UA now.

bennos Oct 15, 2010 9:02 am

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler (Post 14948279)
I was also amazed by the DMs concern for the upgrade, he was persistant, kept going back to the GA and checking on the status, then looking at his Blackberry, then asking if FC was full, if there would be any misconnects, if everyone checked in, etc.....

I do this every now and then (looking online or at the gids, not pestering the GA), but just to see if I need to go buy food.

My favorite DYKWIA boarding story: Waiting to board 744 JFK-NRT, delayed because the aircraft was too hot. Finally, boarding starts for J on the lower deck only. Mr. DYKWIA hands his boarding pass to the GA, who tells him the upper deck isn't boarding yet because it's too hot. Mr. DYKWIA replies: "I'm a Diamond and it's my right to board whenever I want!" He demanded to board, and the GA finally relented, telling him not to come back and complain about the heat.

Seriously, whenever? Like, before the plane is ready for boarding, or after it has taken off?

The best part was finding out he was supposed to fly out the day before, but the flight went MX. While I feel bad for the other ~300 people on the previous days flight, I couldn't find my tiny tiny violin for this guy...

tvnwz Oct 15, 2010 9:16 am

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA (Post 14950888)
You mean they don't? THATS it, NEVER flying DL again, going to UA now.

Well, NW had them, but Delta did away with them after the merger as part of "Best In Class." :)

mnredfox Oct 15, 2010 9:21 am

Wow, great story. I will agree with the LA DYKWIA folks being bad. I just can't decide if the DM ones or the GM ones are the worst. I've seen some really bad GM's in the past. Esp the ones that don't get their EUA or BF UG, as if because they didn't get their UG they have every right to board first.

skchin Oct 15, 2010 9:51 am

Last year I was boarding with rest of the zone 4+ and lady comes next to me says, "I'm Silver Medallion, I have to go front of you."