FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1318124-do-you-know-who-i-am-definitive-thread-dykwia-stories.html)

fmsm Oct 3, 2010 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 14871705)
But how could you possibly see this pax? Surely, as a mere Diamond Medallion, you were in lowly Business Elite/First, while someone as important as he, was CERTAINLY in Super Duper Uber Ultra Luxury Titanium Premier Class! :)

How do I get this Super Duper Ultra Luxury Titanium Premier status? Do I need the right credit card? maybe eat out alot? I don't really fly much but I should get this status because DYK...IA

Crazyhotelguy Oct 4, 2010 7:56 am

Originally Posted by fmsm (Post 14879644)
How do I get this Super Duper Ultra Luxury Titanium Premier status? Do I need the right credit card? maybe eat out alot? I don't really fly much but I should get this status because DYK...IA

You have to truly believe that your crap doesn't stink and you have to be completely in to you and only you. And then your imaginary friend will send you an invitation and membership card....

I peered through the curtain once...it wasn't pretty.:)

davetravels Oct 4, 2010 8:05 am

This is a new class for those who are too good to sit with the DWKWIA crowd. It's for the new DYKWTFIA crowd, as mentioned above!! :p

lynnieowl Oct 4, 2010 8:22 am

thanks for helping me laugh this morning.

somehow, i guess i have always falsely believed that people who are saavy enough to find themselves up front can also figure out how to use a belt. or, better yet, purchase clothing in the correct size.

particularly women.although most of the time i see men flying up front, i cringe when a woman is wearing ill-fitting garb. we should KNOW BETTER ladies!

troyintn Oct 4, 2010 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 14871481)
. All wss, but i do tend to have a huge issue when the door opens and you ran over the two GA's meeting the flight.... Very rude and unclassy.....

Hope you made your connection and that no other innocent GA's were taken out in the process.

What is the proper protocol of getting out/ up the ramp when the person in front you is weaving or rather large? Years ago I had to crawl up the ramp coming off of a CRJ and had to go rather bad ,since we circled & taxied forever. I debated do I throw the elbow, hop up and down ( my kids say it helps) ,walk real slow. But by the time I figured it out I saw the restroom.

Moebius01 Oct 4, 2010 10:21 am

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 14882897)
This is a new class for those who are too good to sit with the DWKWIA crowd. It's for the new DYKWTFIA crowd, as mentioned above!! :p

The plane will soon be divided into 4 sections. Up front will be the DYK...IA group. Next will be the DYKWIA crowd, followed by NCWYA (Nobody cares who you are) and finally, stuck in the back is the WDC...YA section (We don't care who the #$*! you are... this section is reserved for silver medallions :) ).

JoelA Oct 4, 2010 10:24 am

Classic! :)

DL-Don Oct 4, 2010 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 14878283)
Regardless of what we call it, it was a crescent moon in the middle of the afternoon....

but was it waxing or waning?

DLFan2 Oct 4, 2010 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by DL-Don (Post 14883876)

It might have needed waxing! ;)

davetravels Oct 4, 2010 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 14878283)
Regardless of what we call it, it was a crescent moon in the middle of the afternoon....

I never knew that astronomy could be so much fun!!! :D

Crazyhotelguy Oct 4, 2010 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by troyintn (Post 14883663)
What is the proper protocol of getting out/ up the ramp when the person in front you is weaving or rather large? Years ago I had to crawl up the ramp coming off of a CRJ and had to go rather bad ,since we circled & taxied forever. I debated do I throw the elbow, hop up and down ( my kids say it helps) ,walk real slow. But by the time I figured it out I saw the restroom.

While I see where you are going with this.. We all have been stuck behind the lady/man with the cane, that should have waited for the wheelchair to pick them up... or the family with kids that can't seem to keep going forward... or just the out of shape ones that can't handle a slight incline.... These situations require judgement and some quick maneuvering....

BUT, in this case, it was two GA's whom 1A decided to CRASH through in an effort to make a connection.. A simple "Excuse Me" may have been an order, but that is not the road the guy took.. It was more of a push/shove his way through technique....

Originally Posted by DL-Don (Post 14883876)

Originally Posted by DLFan2 (Post 14884566)
It might have needed waxing! ;)

UH, definately needed waxing, amongst other things.....

kelvinj Oct 5, 2010 2:56 pm

While this thread is considered funny by some, I fail to see how it is Delta specific. Why is this thread still alive?

DLFan2 Oct 5, 2010 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by kelvinj (Post 14892546)
While this thread is considered funny by some, I fail to see how it is Delta specific. Why is this thread still alive?

It had been dead for about 14 hours until you revived it.

merrickdb Oct 5, 2010 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by kelvinj (Post 14892546)

And now we know who Mr. 1A is. Or perhaps 2D? ;)

DLNYC Oct 5, 2010 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by troyintn (Post 14883663)

Push them, turn around once ahead of them, scowl, and continue on your way.