FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1318124-do-you-know-who-i-am-definitive-thread-dykwia-stories.html)

Snidely Whiplash Oct 5, 2010 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by kelvinj (Post 14892546)
While this thread is considered funny by some, I fail to see how it is Delta specific. Why is this thread still alive?

Because Super Duper Ultra Luxury Titanium Premier status is only found on Delta!

Crazyhotelguy Oct 6, 2010 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash (Post 14892642)
Because Super Duper Ultra Luxury Titanium Premier status is only found on Delta!

I have heard that this existed on UA, but cannot confirm...

kelvinj Oct 7, 2010 6:49 am

Originally Posted by merrickdb (Post 14892585)
And now we know who Mr. 1A is. Or perhaps 2D? ;)

Wow. Such excellent background research and analysis used to "conclude" that I am Mr. 1A or 2D. You must work for the government!

DLFan2 Oct 7, 2010 9:18 am

Originally Posted by kelvinj (Post 14902586)
Wow. Such excellent background research and analysis used to "conclude" that I am Mr. 1A or 2D. You must work for the government!

If he admitted that to you, he'd have to.....[never mind]...

stevekstevek Oct 11, 2010 4:09 pm

I read these threads with some amusement. There's some people who are offended by things that wouldn't offend me, and others who may even be offended by what I do (I've been known to, horror, put sock-clad feet on a bulkhead; though it seems it may be OK to some people, because I usually keep them below seat level).

Anyway, here's a behavior I found pretty irritating, and I think most people agree: If you're sharing an armrest with someone, maybe you ought to keep your crap on your own side.

Sitting next to Mr. 1C today, who, for whatever reason, needed to have at his disposal at all times, his iPhone, his blackberry, his iPad, and his laptop (ok, not the laptop). Every time I lifted my arm from the armrest, another portable device, power adapter, or assorted gizmo would end up where my elbow wants to be.

I mean -- as much as people can b**tch about the horrors of a 22" wide seat, the armrests are a good 6 inches wide -- can't you please at least pretend like you're trying to keep your stuff on your own side?

TravellingMan Oct 11, 2010 4:45 pm

The most annoying thing is people putting up their feet on my armrest in First Class. It drives me crazy to have their dirty shoes rubbing on my elbow.

I have pointed it out to many a F/C passenger who ended up starting off with the "DYWHIA" routine and questioning the legitimacy of my birth, my background etc. Did not bother me a bit as long as their dirty shoes were off "my" armrest.

Crazyhotelguy Oct 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by TravellingMan (Post 14926936)
The most annoying thing is people putting up their feet on my armrest in First Class. It drives me crazy to have their dirty shoes rubbing on my elbow.

I have pointed it out to many a F/C passenger who ended up starting off with the "DYWHIA" routine and questioning the legitimacy of my birth, my background etc. Did not bother me a bit as long as their dirty shoes were off "my" armrest.

At least it was only dirty shoes... It could have been a urine enriched sock since 2D walked to the lav in his socks.....:D:D:D

TravellingMan Oct 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 14928020)
At least it was only dirty shoes... It could have been a urine enriched sock since 2D walked to the lav in his socks.....:D:D:D

Shudder to think about that :eek: Will watch out for that. :)

davetravels Oct 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 14928020)

Indirectly related to this, but kind of similar concept . . .

Does it bother anyone that we put all of our "stuff", jackets, wallets, phones, coins, laptops, etc, into a bin to go thru x-ray, and millions of shoes have also touched the bottoms of those bins - - and we all know - especially men, I think - some of the places our shoes have touched!

I'm hoping that this train of thought doesn't cause this thread to be closed. I'm not a germ freak, but it's just something I think about occasionally. Your thoughts?

jascp Oct 12, 2010 9:20 am

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 14928182)
Indirectly related to this, but kind of similar concept . . .

Does it bother anyone that we put all of our "stuff", jackets, wallets, phones, coins, laptops, etc, into a bin to go thru x-ray, and millions of shoes have also touched the bottoms of those bins - - and we all know - especially men, I think - some of the places our shoes have touched!

I'm hoping that this train of thought doesn't cause this thread to be closed. I'm not a germ freak, but it's just something I think about occasionally. Your thoughts?

I am not a germ freak BUT, your comment goes as to why I always wear closed toe shoes, long pants, and long sleeved shirts. Except for my laptop, my "stuff" goes into my laptop bag and not one of those nasty bins.

IMHO my sock clad feet are much cleaner than my shoe clad feet for just that reason. And I always put my shoes on when leaving my seat.

And yes this is a Delta specific post because I only fly on delta.

pdac1975 Oct 12, 2010 9:32 am

Shoes are supposed to be placed directly on the belt. Or so I thought....

MR_MAMA Oct 14, 2010 3:39 pm

"I'm a Diamond, I have to Board"

I have NEVER seen anything like this.

We were getting ready to board, they call FC, we are actually on the blue carpet and they start boarding. I am standing with another woman talking and moving towards the scanner, and only one other person is in front of us. All of a sudden out of no where some guy comes from the back, says excuse me I'm a Diamond I have to board (no kidding) then he tells his 4 buddies, oh come up with me and they all cut in front of everyone to go to the front of the line. The GA scans all the BP's and let's them on and me and the other woman just stop and stare like did that really happen? So we get on board and of course I expect to see them all in FC, the Diamond guy is In first and the "buddies" are in the last few rows of coach.

dd1612 Oct 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA (Post 14947205)
I have NEVER seen anything like this.

We were getting ready to board, they call FC, we are actually on the blue carpet and they start boarding. I am standing with another woman talking and moving towards the scanner, and only one other person is in front of us. All of a sudden out of no where some guy comes from the back, says excuse me I'm a Diamond I have to board (no kidding) then he tells his 4 buddies, oh come up with me and they all cut in front of everyone to go to the front of the line. The GA scans all the BP's and let's them on and me and the other woman just stop and stare like did that really happen? So we get on board and of course I expect to see them all in FC, the Diamond guy is In first and the "buddies" are in the last few rows of coach.

oh .. that is just another version of DYKWIA?

Plus he was demonstrating to his buddies that being loyal to DL has it's perks .. he was just probably let them get a taste!
Maybe some of the buddies will actually try and get better status with DL.

tvnwz Oct 14, 2010 3:48 pm

I usually have a Red Coat hold everyone back and announce, "Stand clear! Diamond-Million Miler Coming through!" Stand Clear!" :)

PRWeezer Oct 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by tvnwz (Post 14947257)
I usually have a Red Coat hold everyone back and announce, "Stand clear! Diamond-Million Miler Coming through!" Stand Clear!" :)

So that was YOU? The trumpets were a nice touch too, by the way. ;)