Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by mnbp
If you use Firefox, go to File->Print Preview and check the Scale: setting at the top of the screen. Another user of the computer could have set the Scale to something small like 50 % which is remembered for future print requests such as your shrunken BP.
The rest of the page (ads, coupons, etc.) was full-size, just the boarding pass was shrunk.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: Delta basic after Gold; HHonors, Diamond; Marriott/SPG Plat; IHG/PCR Plat; Avis, Hertz
I am wondering if the fact that a passengers is cleared--even at an airport without a pre-check lane--helps us though security.

This happened to me at my home airport (GRR; no pre-check or priority lanes) on the way out last trip: agent scanned my BP, and then directed me to a short hardly ever used lane (1 passenger ahead of me) directly behind her without the full body scanner. I still had to take my laptop out, but no body scanner, and I was through the lane in a matter of seconds.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:20 pm

I just got my Global Entry approved yesterday and got my PASS ID number, I'm flying out from LAX in the morning and have added my pass id number to my skymiles account, called Delta to see if they can add that information to my flight but they said it updates automatically when I put it in online. What are my chances of using Tsa Precheck on my flight in the morning? Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by extremeromance
I just got my Global Entry approved yesterday and got my PASS ID number, I'm flying out from LAX in the morning and have added my pass id number to my skymiles account, called Delta to see if they can add that information to my flight but they said it updates automatically when I put it in online. What are my chances of using Tsa Precheck on my flight in the morning? Thanks!
I wouldn't count on it updating automatically. Go bring up your itin on delta.com and then click the "Provide TSA Secure Flight Information" link on your reservation. You can check if it there and update it yourself if not. The link is under the "Passenger Details" section.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Pet and precheck

Has anyone had any issues using precheck when travelling with a pet? I will be flying with a cat in two weeks and wasn't sure if that would make me ineligible or not
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Has anyone had any issues using precheck when travelling with a pet? I will be flying with a cat in two weeks and wasn't sure if that would make me ineligible or not
Last week in SLC the precheck line was somewhat backed up. The TSA agent mentioned that it was probably the lady who went through with her dogs a little earlier. I didn't see her or her dogs, but I assume based on the TSA agent's comment that the lady did go through precheck with pets.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:05 pm

I tried searching through the thread but didn't really find the answer I was looking for. I don't have GE and don't plan on getting it. Will Delta enroll me in pre-check as a gold medallion at some point if I have it checked to "provide my info with TSA" or whatever that is? Do they only do it for PM/DM?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:01 am

Programs: Delta GM, SPG Gold
Delta TSA Pre-Check

Just had my first "line" ever at the Pre at LGA. 6 people in a row cleared which I have never seen happen on a Wednesday morning. LGA is actually pretty crowded for 5am on Wed- waiting online for Skyclub and there are over 30 people on upgrade list for 6am to ATL (and I'm here Wed mornings all the time when there is never a pre or SkyClub line nor more than 10 medallions on that flight). Wonder what's going on today?

Last edited by chipahoy82; Oct 17, 2012 at 3:36 am
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:23 am

Programs: DL DM
Not sure what it takes to get put on the pre-check list. I travel often and all the correct info is in my Delta profile. I never hear the sweet sound of 3 beeps.

Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by JDErickson
Not sure what it takes to get put on the pre-check list. I travel often and all the correct info is in my Delta profile. I never hear the sweet sound of 3 beeps.
Do you have Global Entry or are you a member solely based on your DL status?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DelrayChris
Do you have Global Entry or are you a member solely based on your DL status?
Just my DL status
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JDErickson
Just my DL status
Are you traveling exclusively domestically? I am a GE and a Platinum Medallion member. On both DL and UA, I have received TSA pre-check (3 beeps and LLL) 100% of the time on domestic itineraries and 0% on international itineraries (whether on a domestic flight connecting to an international flight or international flight without a domestic segment).
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: DL DM; US GP; Fairmont PL; HHonors DM; Hyatt GP Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
3 for 3 this week at TPA, DTW & MSP.

Only six minutes from curbside to Sky Club in Tampa but at MSP yesterday the Pre-Check line was co-mingled with the Sky Priority line which really slowed down the trip. Is there a reason why a DL hub doesn't have a dedicated line like nearly every other participating airport?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Sorry if this has been asked and answered:
I am no longer a regular DL flyer and do not currently have status.
I have been using pre-check extensively when flying on AA.
I am flying LGA-MSY-LGA next week on DL.
Is pre-check available ex-LGA? [Edited to add: ok, I read enough of this thread to see that pre-check is available ex-LGA!]
I edited my profile at delta.com to add my Global Entry number. Is this all I need to do to be pre-check eligible on DL?
(BTW, I haven't flown DL ex-LGA since they took over the US terminal. Does the LGA-MSY flight always depart from the same terminal, or do I need to check that morning to see which terminal to go to? I feel like such a newbie!!)
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Blumie
Sorry if this has been asked and answered:
I am no longer a regular DL flyer and do not currently have status.
I have been using pre-check extensively when flying on AA.
I am flying LGA-MSY-LGA next week on DL.
Is pre-check available ex-LGA? [Edited to add: ok, I read enough of this thread to see that pre-check is available ex-LGA!]
I edited my profile at delta.com to add my Global Entry number. Is this all I need to do to be pre-check eligible on DL?
(BTW, I haven't flown DL ex-LGA since they took over the US terminal. Does the LGA-MSY flight always depart from the same terminal, or do I need to check that morning to see which terminal to go to? I feel like such a newbie!!)
Pre is available in D, I don't know about C (I always go to D, the bus connection is very short).

The GlobalEntry number should suffice. You should also check that the name is exactly correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.