Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tony_w
GM based in MKE where there's no pre-check, but I have breezed through the fast lanes*:

MSP - going home to MKE, Sunday. Companion on same PNR (no status) not allowed to tag along in the fast-lane.

ATL - going home to MKE, after an unexpected overnight the other day with the thunderstorms.

DCA - going home to MKE a few weeks ago.

* Never got an email, no GE, no nothing.
I suspect Delta has enrolled anyone GM or higher, but only sent out the emails to those who are based where PreCheck has been rolled out.
Old May 8, 2012, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooselee
Assume the fast lanes you're talking about are the Pre lanes. Was your companion allowed to at least use the SP security line based on your GM status and being on the same PNR (while you split off and went ahead through the Pre line)?
I would hope they would still allow companions to use the SP line. In DTW, the PreCheck scan is done after you enter the SP line, so companions are already in the SP line before one get's scanned for PreCheck.
Old May 8, 2012, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by LBJ
I would hope they would still allow companions to use the SP line. In DTW, the PreCheck scan is done after you enter the SP line, so companions are already in the SP line before one get's scanned for PreCheck.
Yeah, I'm wondering for my use in ATL where they scan at the head of the whole area, then direct pax to the appropriate line (general/pre/SP) from there. I suppose that at worst, I'll get us by with my smashing good looks and dazzling smile.
Old May 8, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I thought if you had any misdemeanors or felonies on your record they automically denyed you for Nexus regardless of how old they are? If they are over 10 years old they overlook them?
The post you are referring to only mentioned misdemeanors, not felonies. I was not aware they overlook them after 10 yrs, in fact would be surprised. AFAIK, if you ever had a misdemeanor arrest and they don't have the disposition, they will kick you out for that as well. IIRC, felony convictions will automatically bar you from PreCheck.
Old May 8, 2012, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Assume the fast lanes you're talking about are the Pre lanes. Was your companion allowed to at least use the SP security line based on your GM status and being on the same PNR (while you split off and went ahead through the Pre line)?
Right, fast implying PreCheck. Regarding SkyPriority yes.
Old May 8, 2012, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
I suspect Delta has enrolled anyone GM or higher, but only sent out the emails to those who are based where PreCheck has been rolled out.
Ah, good point. Heck. I'd be happy if the SkyPriority lane actually worked in MKE (they have another security lane but it's never open), PreCheck would be heaven.
Old May 8, 2012, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
Yes, that's how it was in ATL. Sorry I wasn't more clear...
Old May 8, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Yes, that's how it was in ATL. Sorry I wasn't more clear...
I've never seen it done this way in ATL... the SP/pre lines are at the south checkpoint, but there is also a non-elite line there in addition to the other two.

They always scan your BP BEFORE the line splits into three (no SP check before entering the combined line for the three separate lines during peak times). If you do not get the triple-beep for pre-check, they direct you to either the SP or non-elite line based on your status/cabin.
Old May 8, 2012, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by dcline414
I've never seen it done this way in ATL... the SP/pre lines are at the south checkpoint, but there is also a non-elite line there in addition to the other two.

They always scan your BP BEFORE the line splits into three (no SP check before entering the combined line for the three separate lines during peak times). If you do not get the triple-beep for pre-check, they direct you to either the SP or non-elite line based on your status/cabin.
Yes, that's exactly what I remember (from last week). I've only traveled alone since having GE, and have never not gotten LLL, so didn't know what the direction would be in that case. This answers that question!
Old May 9, 2012, 9:31 am

Urg, yea. You're right. I was talking about MSP, checkpoint 4, dedicated SP lane. That line splits into two.

Too many airports in too few days.
Old May 9, 2012, 10:01 am

Urg, yea. You're right. I was talking about MSP, checkpoint 4, dedicated SP lane. That line splits into two.

Too many airports in too few days.
No worries... been there (wherever 'there' is), done that.

I hate waking up in a standard Marriott room and having to look at the address on the phone to figure out where I am!
Old May 14, 2012, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by nccarguy
Flew MCO-ATL Thursday. Scanned my boarding pass and told me I was pre selected for TSA line. Went to TSA line (only one in line) and was told I could enter this line anytime I was in Orlando. Never registered for anything online and I am not enrolled in any of the expedited programs. For that matter I was not aware of any pre check program.

Tried to take lap top out, no. Tried to take shoes off, no. Not sure how I got in but I like it!
Used this line the morning, first time I ever noticed it at MCO. Wow! nobody in line, took all of 2 minutes to go through, no hassle. Who needs CLEAR with pre-check there now?
Old May 14, 2012, 6:22 pm
zlc

Originally Posted by LBJ
Second that.

Curious to know if the enrollment are "permanent" or "renewed" every year based on status?

Also, who keeps the list, DL or TSA?
Old May 14, 2012, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by zlc
Second that.

Curious to know if the enrollment are "permanent" or "renewed" every year based on status?

Also, who keeps the list, DL or TSA?
FYI, never was selected as ATL-based GM in probably 8-10 flights after I reached GM last November. I asked the TSA and DL if I was included now that I am a GM, but was told that "it is random and no one knows if you are eligible until you are selected" by BOTH DL and the TSA agents. No answers, no information about whether DL would submit my info to the TSA, nothing.

Finally I paid for GE and was finally "randomly selected" for pre-check on my third trip after being approved and completing my interview. (I manually added my GE info to the trips that I'd already booked.)

In summary, as an ATL-based flyer, here are my 2011 stats:
0/30 as FO
0/10 as GM
1/3 as GM w/ GE
And here are my 2012 stats:
3/10 as GM w/ GE
It would be REALLY NICE if DL or the TSA would just state what the official requirements are and at least let you know if you were considered but denied pre-check for your trip (vs. not being considered at all).
Old May 14, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
It would be REALLY NICE if DL or the TSA would just state what the official requirements are and at least let you know if you were considered but denied pre-check for your trip (vs. not being considered at all).
But they do. The rules are pretty clear.

However, with only 3/10 since getting GE, you may want to check to make sure your profile is updated on each of your itineraries. It is easy to do, as long as you do it more than three days before your travel. Make sure your GE number is properly recorded for each trip and see if that helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.