Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voucher Change Starting 15 DEC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
DL is certainly filled with good news this holiday season.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:21 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by ekozie
Perhaps IT is reverting to Windows NT servers that can't handle combining vouchers.
More likely Commodore 64's
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Yea I am getting more concerned about any announcement for the 2012 program year. This could be one of two things; They may be letting the bad stuff out now to "delight" us with the rest of the 2012 story OR this could be their way of sticking us so many times with the needle that we get numb...not sure which but not their finest hour from a PR standpoint.

Why cant they just release the 2012 program like every other carrier and get it out there? I mean...we only have 2 weeks left!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Yea I am getting more concerned about any announcement for the 2012 program year. This could be one of two things; They may be letting the bad stuff out now to "delight" us with the rest of the 2012 story OR this could be their way of sticking us so many times with the needle that we get numb...not sure which but not their finest hour from a PR standpoint.

Why cant they just release the 2012 program like every other carrier and get it out there? I mean...we only have 2 weeks left!
I am becomming as cynical as avidflyer...because we are GAMERS and we will figure out ways to cheat the system and get more benefits, such as an extra drink voucher. You know, every year there are 2.5 bazzilion drink vouchers that are given and the BC realized the paper is too expensive... as a new incentive, you will have to pay to receive the voucher, to offset the cost of paper and IT
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Angry Confirmed also with PLATIUM line

Originally Posted by DLroads
I am becomming as cynical as avidflyer...because we are GAMERS and we will figure out ways to cheat the system and get more benefits, such as an extra drink voucher. You know, every year there are 2.5 bazzilion drink vouchers that are given and the BC realized the paper is too expensive... as a new incentive, you will have to pay to receive the voucher, to offset the cost of paper and IT
I was told that too many are being stolen. That is the reason. The phone rep did not know. Says the went to the top. Does not get it. Says they may change if we email and complain about it. May change it? Really?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by DLroads
speaking of, my last VDB ecert was printed on about 12 sheets of boarding pass stock stapled together. email it like my bank does with ATM receipts?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
I'm going to wait to see it, but if true....another terrible change. This, if true, and the 72 hour rule really piss me off.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:42 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
I was told that too many are being stolen. That is the reason. The phone rep did not know. Says the went to the top. Does not get it. Says they may change if we email and complain about it. May change it? Really?
I didn't think about them being stolen. There was a thread here a while ago where someone received a compensation voucher along with everyone else on the plane. Unfortunately the vouchers were printed sequentially so it was easy for someone to steal the poster's voucher.

This will likely also limit/end the sale of them on craigslist or ebay.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:59 pm

So Delta's basically telling us we should fly on Southwest, United, or some other airline.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
This is great news for me. Not once have I ever tried (or had a need) to combine vouchers. To be totally honest, I had no clue one could even do that! Nor did I know they were transferrable.

So this is good news because all of you will stop volunteering and I might get more bumps if I decide to fly DL again next year

-RM
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
On the first day of Christmas, Delta gave to me.......

Still 11 days before Christmas. Wonder what else Scrooge McDuck has up his sleeve.

David
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
This summer I flew She Who Must Be Obeyed's 14 year old nephew out to see us.

They called the day before his return and said there was an equipment change and if he would be willing to take an earlier flight, a $200 voucher was there to take.

Now, the nephew has no need of a $200 voucher, so I asked if I could use it. No, problem I was told.

If that happened again, he won't change.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:10 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
So Delta's basically telling us we should fly on Southwest, United, or some other airline.
Wait a sec there...Southwest has very similar policies. As of fairly recently (I believe the beginning of this year but may be wrong), WN no longer allows you to transfer credits to someone else like they used to do. They can be combined but must be used for the person who booked the original travel. I have been more reluctant to book WN as a result. I have several consultants who work with me and we'd sort of use those credits as a WN travel bank...we even had a wiki for the numbers. When one of us needed to travel we'd pull the most recent credits from that list so they didn't go to waste. Our holding company pays for the travel anyway so it just felt like a good thing to do.

Anyhoo, another example of Delta bringing itself to "parity" with the worst policies of other carriers. Next stop: limiting MQMs on lower fares to match Rapid Rewards 2.0? Or, maybe eliminating meals in FC to match AirTran? Or better yet, eliminate all entertainment options to match US Airways.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
If anyone else was holding out on picking your choice benefits, I decided to go with the voucher and grabbed it today. That way, it will issue before December 15th and still be subject to the old rules.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
if issued before December 15th

are the vouchers still transferable if issued before December 15?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.