Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voucher Change Starting 15 DEC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hertz Gold PC
Originally Posted by javabytes
What counts as disclosure? Does a policy posted on the website count? Or perhaps a sheet of T&Cs they can give you? Just because they have to "disclose" it doesn't mean they have to draw attention to it.
It sounds like it should be printed on the voucher.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM; Marriott PLAT, Hilton DIA
So if i have a 400 voucher, and my flight is 290... what happens to the 110 balance?

I am on the SEA to ATL redeye tongiht... always over sold and looking at EF, it looks like it will be the same case tongiht. I will see what the agent says and update on FT.

If i was to take a bump and get a $600 DBC, am i better asking for 3 $200 vouchers?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by inno.SAN-ICN
It sounds like it should be printed on the voucher.
I'm sure it will be, but one could argue that printing it on the voucher isn't "prior" disclosure. You've already got the voucher at that point. To comply with the posted regulation, I'm sure it has to be disclosed elsewhere too.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by GoldboxATL
So if i have a 400 voucher, and my flight is 290... what happens to the 110 balance?

I am on the SEA to ATL redeye tongiht... always over sold and looking at EF, it looks like it will be the same case tongiht. I will see what the agent says and update on FT.

If i was to take a bump and get a $600 DBC, am i better asking for 3 $200 vouchers?
You get the extra back, just like you do now and just like you will with the "enhanced" certs.

And taking 3x200 would be wrong, you want a single voucher.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club

1. You will still get the $110 back. But this voucher cannot be combined with others, so if you do this a lot you will end up with a lot of small, uncombinable residual credits.

2. I'm trying to come up with a situation in which 3 $200 credits are preferable to a single $600 credit, but I'm afraid I'm not coming up with any.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
1. You will still get the $110 back. But this voucher cannot be combined with others, so if you do this a lot you will end up with a lot of small, uncombinable residual credits.

2. I'm trying to come up with a situation in which 3 $200 credits are preferable to a single $600 credit, but I'm afraid I'm not coming up with any.
Think gift card residual balances and imagine you cant combine them. You would end up making 3 purchases just to use them and thus driving higher revenue. This is all about the $$ and has nothing to do with "theft" IMO. The BS and spinning blame to their "best customers" is why I really dislike this mgmt team. They really do think we are idiots.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Say it ain't so!

ugh, I need a drink.....I'll make my comments on this later!!!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM; Marriott PLAT, Hilton DIA
I am not clear on this... I get a DBC, and want to fly my wife and kids... can i use it for them? Sorry if it was covered earlier.

In the past i was able to do this and any change was still available for me to use.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: Ham Sandwich Medallion
So first DL gives virtually all the FO benefits away to Amex cardholders (including Zone 2 boarding, which means I spent the last two and a half months enjoying my "priority" boarding with two-thirds of the plane), then alters the FO baggage policy so that Amex cardholders can take more bags than FOs, now they've effectively taken away any reason to bump and made my $50 voucher more or less worthless as I can't combine it with any future vouchers. And yet they're posting an $800M profit.

I'll gleefully enjoy the GM benefits that I got by "gaming the system" and taking a routing to Hawaii that gave me about 2,000 extra MQMs than a more-direct would have, and when I inevitably don't have enough for GM again next year (or if DL decides to gut GM benefits this year), hello status match onto US or UA.

Sometimes I wonder what "FO" really means to Delta.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not clear on this... I get a DBC, and want to fly my wife and kids... can i use it for them? Sorry if it was covered earlier.

In the past i was able to do this and any change was still available for me to use.
I do not believe you can unless you are on the PNR. I may be wrong as I have been more focused on the inability to combine them.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond

Someone who only flies DL, and flies every week?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by T.J. Bender
.................................................. ...........
Sometimes I wonder what "FO" really means to Delta.
"Fleeced Often."
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AKC6
"Fleeced Often."
Something Often...
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
please don't tell the airline that is reorganizing about this or maybe my gift cards that i purchased on that airline using the precious metal tariff reimbursement in $50 increments will need to be used in a similar manner as opposed to many for one purchase
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ekozie
If this is legit, good luck finding volunteers to VDB and expect more IDB and unhappy pax. If I can't combine vouchers, my travel plans suddenly became very inflexible.
DL management seems willing to prey on the ignorance of customers as it is DL management who most directly gain financially from hiking up the proportion of vouchers issued that will go unused as a result of this policy change.

FTers may be somewhat less likely to get burned by DL management, but a large proportion of those DL customers who take up VDB compensation will be more or less clueless about the policy having been changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.