Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Priority/Security Lanes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver, RCI Diamond Plus
Sky Priority/Security Lanes

How many of you have airports with a distinct separate security lanes with priority access. It's a huge perk at my home airport, but virtually non existant in most other cities where I fly.

That being said... the line is always empty -- you just cruise right to the front.

I'm Plat this year but it's abnormal, I usually hover between silver and gold. I can't comprehend why you wouldn't allow silver to skip the lines, which is really the only big benefit to sky priority. Makes me wanna switch airlines. I don't travel for work... my elite status is strictly my own funded weekend getaways. In the grand scheme of things it's not much. But for me, it's a pretty penny. I have been loyal to others and had great upgrades, and priority service on the silver level.

But while i haven't experienced it yet, it doesn't seem to be the case with delta. i fear if i ever drop below gold, I'll switch to aa or us. I can't fathom being loyal to an airline for 50flights and not being able to board early....
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:07 am

In Dayton, we used to have an "Expert Traveler" line but now that's gone. It's all just one big mess.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:14 am

I live in Atlanta. We have them.

I don't use them, they are SLOWER then the other lines!

(Just out of curiosity.. how do you get to be Diamond on Delta and NOT realize that you should empty ALL pockets not just one? Or that you will need to take your laptop out? Or that you can't talk on the phone and continue to make the "deal of the century" while going through the security screening machine? LOL!)
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Delta has one in MKE. Usually only one other in line or none when I get there. One of the best things about flying through MKE.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:56 am

I fly frequently JAN to NYC through ATL. Use the sky priority in JAN & LGA. Speeds the experience...
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:15 am

OKC: no
BIL: no
BZN: prior to the new terminal, no. I doubt there's a line in the new terminal, but I'll find out for sure next week.
STL: yes
HNL: yes, in the form of a gold lane (ask the TA for a stamp on your BP)
NRT: no

Those are some of the airports I frequent.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
PHX has one. Frontier elites can also use it (they share the same concourse as Delta).
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
CMH doesn't have an SP lane for the Delta concourse, but it does have an Expert Traveller line. Though if those people are Experts, I don't want to be one. Most times I find it quicker to go through the Family line, which is always shorter, and which anyway merges with the Expert line for the main event.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
I live in Atlanta. We have them.

I don't use them, they are SLOWER then the other lines!
Slower? Really? When do you fly?
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
LAX has one, but it is almost useless during the busiest times. The same TSA agent has to handle the family/crew line as well as the SP line. I stood there on Sunday night and watched people who entered the "regular" line well after I got in the SP line clear the machines before I even made it past the ID check.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by SteveMSflyer
I fly frequently JAN to NYC through ATL. Use the sky priority in JAN & LGA. Speeds the experience...
Are you sure there's a SkyPriority lane at the west concourse security checkpoint at JAN?

AFAIK there's one TDC podium, one WTMD, and one x-ray for carryons. And one lane for everyone to pass through.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
There is one at IND but not really needed and sometimes fuller than the non FF line..
Old Aug 14, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
DCA has one and it usually is a time saver, but not always.
BWI has one, but again it is not always a time saver.
STL has one and it's a huge time saver. A concourse security is a pain.
Most major markets have elite security lines.

I really liked security at ATH. Upon checkin the DL folks give GM and above an invite to the swissport lounge. The lounge is before security. When it's time for your flight they take you to a fast pass security area. Security too 2 minutes.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer
Slower? Really? When do you fly?
Monday mornings. Walk right thru the maze, usually 2 or 3 in front of me for ID Go direct to screening. Generally five or six in line with numerous lines open.

Elite is slower. Sure the signs post the same wait but since I gave up on elite I have not waited five minutes. Just the volume of lanes makes main faster IMHO. (and seriously I find that the "general public" in Atlanta does a better job at security. Maybe it is because they have not assumed "2 items means I can also bring a few extra bags". Who knows, buy I am sticking to main security)

And I always avoid TSA "black diamond". The 'expert flyers' last flew in 1986 LOL
Old Aug 14, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Just went through the one at RDU this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.