FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Priority/Security Lanes
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:38 am
wecnews727

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver, RCI Diamond Plus
Sky Priority/Security Lanes

How many of you have airports with a distinct separate security lanes with priority access. It's a huge perk at my home airport, but virtually non existant in most other cities where I fly.

That being said... the line is always empty -- you just cruise right to the front.

I'm Plat this year but it's abnormal, I usually hover between silver and gold. I can't comprehend why you wouldn't allow silver to skip the lines, which is really the only big benefit to sky priority. Makes me wanna switch airlines. I don't travel for work... my elite status is strictly my own funded weekend getaways. In the grand scheme of things it's not much. But for me, it's a pretty penny. I have been loyal to others and had great upgrades, and priority service on the silver level.

But while i haven't experienced it yet, it doesn't seem to be the case with delta. i fear if i ever drop below gold, I'll switch to aa or us. I can't fathom being loyal to an airline for 50flights and not being able to board early....