Sky Priority/Security Lanes

Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by eturowski
Updating this for posterity: The SkyPriority lane at BOS Terminal A shares space with the PreCheck lane. The PreCheck lane has exclusive use of the walk-through metal detector, so consequently, the SkyPriority lane is slooooow because all of the pax are required to use the backscatter scanner. The few times I have been able to use the SP lane (when I get window upgrades), I have gotten the impression that I would be better off picking a regular lane with a metal detector available.
Don't worry, this set up will be changing soon. When I passed through BOS a couple of weeks ago, I noticed them building a new, separate lane for Pre-Check. The lane will be between the two sides of the checkpoint, behind the elevators. Until then (not sure when it will open), you should always be free to walk over to one of the other lanes. I've done it without issue. Security at BOS has been easy this summer for me because I've never seen more than 2 of the 4 BKSXs in use.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
SEA has Sky Priority lanes at each security checkpoint, but they aren't open during the early morning or late evening hours when I usually fly out of SEA.

Despite not being mentioned on the DL website, RNO does have a Sky Priority lane that is shared with WN A-List passengers (same concourse). Entry into this lane is monitored by TSA employees.
Is this still the same for SEA? Flight out at 6 AM Friday morning. Hearing horror stories about SEA security from folks at the table.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.