Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Priority/Security Lanes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
TPA has one. It has been much, much faster every time I used it.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, million miler
MSP: we have one. I got in 'this line' on Wednesday pm around 1:30. It was so long I questioned whether I was in the correct line. We were all pretty disgruntled as it took over 25 minutes to get through security. Petty, I know, but uff-da!!!

MDW: don't get in the expert line. I keep doing this but when you round the corner, it comes to a dead stop. People don't seem to understand that you need to take off your belt, jacket, put the laptop in a separate bin, etc. I had somebody comment in that line to me that "you really know what you are doing." "This is the expert lane," I replied. Crickets on the response.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM!
OMA: we don't have one. There used to be an 'expert' lane that I used all the time.. But now they just lump us all together. It's especially frustrating during summer travel season.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
TUS has one. It's shared with UA, AS and US. It works great during the long lines in the morning. Just kind of work your way in to the line at the top (at least that's what I do on the WN side).

PDX has one as well. It's a shared line with the rest of the D/E concourse. Still can save some time.

Originally Posted by spryam
MDW: don't get in the expert line.
Every time I've been there, staying as far left as possible is the quickest route thru security.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by wecnews727
I'm Plat this year but it's abnormal, I usually hover between silver and gold. I can't comprehend why you wouldn't allow silver to skip the lines, which is really the only big benefit to sky priority.
Too many silvers. Unfortunately this would kill the lines in hubs, unless they added more priority lines.
Originally Posted by wecnews727
I can't fathom being loyal to an airline for 50flights and not being able to board early....
Silver can board early - before the masses anyway.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:45 pm

Programs: New Worldperks Diamond - IHG Plat - SPG Gold
PHL (Philadelphia) priority security line usually pretty empty and entry is mostly managed during high traffic times.

Off topic, but I really wish Customs and Border Patrol would have a similar priority line for airline elites coming off international flights.... so I can smugly hurry up and wait to recheck bags like the rest of the Global Entry folks
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:57 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
SEA has Sky Priority lanes at each security checkpoint, but they aren't open during the early morning or late evening hours when I usually fly out of SEA.

Despite not being mentioned on the DL website, RNO does have a Sky Priority lane that is shared with WN A-List passengers (same concourse). Entry into this lane is monitored by TSA employees.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta DM, SP Plat, Hilton Gold
http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...rity/index.jsp
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:51 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

What's happening at DCA? Looks like the security lines at the DL pier have been re-configured. I was arriving and didn't get to experience it first hand.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
MCO is one of the worst in the country. No SP lane and masses of kettles. There is an 'Expert Traveler' lane but TSA usually ignores that and lets anyone into the lane. Mornings can easily back up 30 min or more.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
BOS is one of my semi-regular airports as well, and they have one. Of course, the TSA at BOS is so screwed up, you can't tell if there is an advantage or not!

And, I agree with OrangeCountyCommuter. ATL has so many lanes open now that if you just use the main lines, and then go to the far right when everyone turns left, you can beat the SP line on the South concourse.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Here's a list of all the airports that have the lanes:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...tion/services/

Some airports are better than others about enforcing them. At ATL and LAX they are pretty strict but at PIT and DEN they seem to allow anyone in the lanes.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I used the priority line at ORD Terminal 2 last Wednesday morning - I'm silver but was upgraded for one of my legs that morning so I had "priority" on my boarding pass. Was nice and faster because security was packed - and they did have dedicated personnel in the priority line.

Haven't used it at my home airport (RDU) since I've not hit bad lines there when I have had priority on my boarding pass.....
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I used the priority line at ORD Terminal 2 last Wednesday morning - I'm silver but was upgraded for one of my legs that morning so I had "priority" on my boarding pass. Was nice and faster because security was packed - and they did have dedicated personnel in the priority line.

Haven't used it at my home airport (RDU) since I've not hit bad lines there when I have had priority on my boarding pass.....
It's hit and miss as far as being a time saver. At ORD, MIA, LGA, EWR, LAX, SFO and MDW (when it is being enforced) it is always a time saver. Sometimes at LAS and DCA the regular line is just as short as the first class line and if the line isn't being enforced at DTW on the parking bridge level, sometimes the regular line is faster than the premium line.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
MCO is one of the worst in the country. No SP lane and masses of kettles. There is an 'Expert Traveler' lane but TSA usually ignores that and lets anyone into the lane. Mornings can easily back up 30 min or more.
FlyClear.

I am willing to pay just to avoid the mess at MCO....... if that's the only airport they ever go back into I will keep right on paying.

LAX has one but NIGHTMARE comes to mind! It's really slow on Friday mornings!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.