Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
I have a flight on Wed that has 8 open seats in FC and figured I would have been upgraded at the 72hr window, but nada....still 8 open in FC, what gives?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Start_at_UIN
I have a flight on Wed that has 8 open seats in FC and figured I would have been upgraded at the 72hr window, but nada....still 8 open in FC, what gives?
Where to where? They can hold for last-minute purchases in some markets.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Originally Posted by sethb
Where to where? They can hold for last-minute purchases in some markets.
MSP>ANC
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select

One-way SLC-JFK on Jan 19, day after MLK day. All flights were $588+ in coach and $1,150+ in First....except one, 8:30am return was $679 in First (P fare). Uhhh...no-brainer, pulled the trigger on three tickets, effectively a $90 upgrade on an almost cross-country flight. Next day, First in that flight cost the same $1,150. Cha-Ching!!! Snuck one in there....
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
and you can SDC to any flight that day as long as there's an available FC seat (gamer alert, if you have the time: I think SLC-LAX-JFK is a legal routing)
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Question about SDC

I have a FC flight that leaves late in the afternoon, can I change it for an earlier same day flight in FC without charge just because its a FC flight?

The reason I ask is I'm using that RT in FC to finish off my requirements for the year for Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold so I'm using my Flying Club number in the PNR, not my Gold Medallion number. If I were using my GM number I could do it for free.

I know Flying Club Gold has some perks with Delta but I'm unclear if that might be one of them.
Steve

Originally Posted by jrl767
and you can SDC to any flight that day as long as there's an available FC seat (gamer alert, if you have the time: I think SLC-LAX-JFK is a legal routing)

Last edited by backdoc; Nov 2, 2015 at 3:18 pm
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:36 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by backdoc
I have a FC flight that leaves late in the afternoon, can I change it for an earlier same day flight in FC without charge just because its a FC flight?

The reason I ask is I'm using that RT in FC to finish off my requirements for the year for Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold so I'm using my Flying Club number in the PNR, not my Gold Medallion number. If I were using my GM number I could do it for free.

I know Flying Club Gold has some perks with Delta but I'm unclear if that might be one of them.
Steve
From DL:

If you have a premium cabin fare, -- including Delta One™, First and Business Class -- you may make a same-day confirmed change as long as a seat is available in the premium cabin
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:47 pm

Looks like its $50

Since I won't be showing up as being a GM (using my Virgin Atlantic Flying Club number in this PNR) it'll probably be $50

SAME-DAY CONFIRMED
FEES
Silver Medallion members, general SkyMiles members and non-members:
$50 USD Same-Day Change Fee - If your requested flight is same-day confirmed eligible
Applicable Change Fee -These fees vary based on your ticket and its fare rules, and will be due if you have a restricted fare and your requested flight is outside of same-day travel eligibility. Change fees are dictated by the fare rules.

Originally Posted by United747
From DL:
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by backdoc
Since I won't be showing up as being a GM (using my Virgin Atlantic Flying Club number in this PNR) it'll probably be $50

SAME-DAY CONFIRMED
FEES
Silver Medallion members, general SkyMiles members and non-members:
$50 USD Same-Day Change Fee - If your requested flight is same-day confirmed eligible
Applicable Change Fee -These fees vary based on your ticket and its fare rules, and will be due if you have a restricted fare and your requested flight is outside of same-day travel eligibility. Change fees are dictated by the fare rules.
Yeah, I saw that too. But I'm wondering if there is a waiver for FC?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by United747
Yeah, I saw that too. But I'm wondering if there is a waiver for FC?
Why would you expect to have a waiver of the SCD fee? AFAIK there's no waiver of the rules for FC kettles.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:44 pm

Thanks!

That's what I thought.

Meh, its $50, its better than a $200 change fee.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why would you expect to have a waiver of the SCD fee? AFAIK there's no waiver of the rules for FC kettles.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
backdoc is a GM.

I believe technically he/she should be charged $50, but showing your GM card to a nice check-in agent and explaining that you have your VS number applied for whatever reason may result in a waived fee. YMMV greatly, and you should of course approach this as asking for a favor, not demanding an entitlement.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:51 pm

Now THAT is a great idea!

I can't hurt! I don't use the entitlement card, people react to it like listening to Charlie Brown's teacher... Waaawaah wahwahhhh, waaahwah.

Originally Posted by gooselee
backdoc is a GM.

I believe technically he/she should be charged $50, but showing your GM card to a nice check-in agent and explaining that you have your VS number applied for whatever reason may result in a waived fee. YMMV greatly, and you should of course approach this as asking for a favor, not demanding an entitlement.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:09 pm

AA has a waiver for FC. That's why I thought DL might.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Why not leave the SkyMiles number in the reservation until T-24 when you make the change on the phone and then change to the VS number? I guess this wouldn't work if the flight in question is the return on a roundtrip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.