Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Lowest Delta Fare Class does not earn MQMs? Yes It Does, Says Delta Air Lines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lowest Delta Fare Class does not earn MQMs? Yes It Does, Says Delta Air Lines

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2011, 6:05 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
Hopefully this clears things up for all.
Thanks for finally getting this updated. But why it took so long? Especially because the AF and KL earnings pages did manage to get updated with the E fare listed with an effective date of June 1, 2011 all the while this discussion was going on.
Old May 20, 2011, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by mot29
Thanks for finally getting this updated. But why it took so long? Especially because the AF and KL earnings pages did manage to get updated with the E fare listed with an effective date of June 1, 2011 all the while this discussion was going on.
This E thing is not part of the AF/KL alignment process, at least not yet. Now if only we could get DL to clarify the deal on KL R fares. I've asked repeatedly, and they keep saying they won't post a total picture until 1 June, which just makes no sense whatsoever since they have everything posted and it all agrees except an AF R fare earns and a KL R fare is simply not mentioned.
Old May 20, 2011, 7:10 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by USAF_Pride
Let's not start using the real definitions of words, that could lead to big trouble here at FT.
^^^. That is as bad as introducing facts!!!
Old May 20, 2011, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I was curious about that too...I have no idea what the difference is and why only E fares are distinguished that way. Whats the story?
I would imagine that there are many people with upcoming travel booked in E from SkyBonus awards and the like. They're probably trying to differentiate between revenue E fares and the old E fares.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by akonradi
I would imagine that there are many people with upcoming travel booked in E from SkyBonus awards and the like. They're probably trying to differentiate between revenue E fares and the old E fares.
I wasn't aware of that issue; still, I'd like to have a Delta rep to explain if there are plans for any bookable "unpublished" E fares that don't earn 100% MQMs and redeemable Skymiles.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by avidflyer
They are there..
For sure they are there... I just picked up one from TPA to LON... I also went to the Delta Website Ways to Get Skymiles and it shows E fare tickets getting miles just like sLUT fares but then has a footnote that says "on Published E-Fare Tickets".. I guess it's time to call the CRC and check on what "Published e-fare tickets" specifically means...

Note - Just called the CRC and the rep said that the new E-fares that are booked on Delta.com receive MQMs She did mention that there are some AF E fares that might not receive MQMs... Ah... just more to add to the confusion mix

Last edited by localady; Jun 15, 2011 at 10:37 am
Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Do you earn MQM and RDM on "E" class tickets?

Just asking cause I can't find the answer.

I saw an E class ticket and under the earn miles site with delta it writes:"Mileage accrual eligible only on published E fares". So what does this mean?

it confuses me alot!
Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
A published fare is one available to the general public--for example not visit USA, not buddy of NRSA, not consolidator or (often) tour/cruiser package, not name your price or opaque of most varieties, not corporate contract (although those frequently have language in the contract that they do earn miles). If you purchase the ticket on delta.dumb or by calling the general number, it should be a published fare.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Thanks!

so that is for both MQM and RDM?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Thanks!

so that is for both MQM and RDM?
I would assume so from what you quoted.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Just asking cause I can't find the answer.

I saw an E class ticket and under the earn miles site with delta it writes:"Mileage accrual eligible only on published E fares". So what does this mean?

it confuses me alot!
This has already been talked about and answered by DELTA user here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...air-lines.html

post #220

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16404036-post220.html

at DELTA

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ions/index.jsp

Mods please close this.

Last edited by Renes Points; Jul 3, 2011 at 2:34 pm
Old Jul 3, 2011, 3:05 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
Mods please close this.
LOL. Mod actions (or lack thereof) can not be discussed on the forum.

I hope the mods keep this open - helps others who can't find the other thread. And if we only had one thread on every topic, we wouldn't have very many threads in the DL forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.