Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Lowest Delta Fare Class does not earn MQMs? Yes It Does, Says Delta Air Lines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lowest Delta Fare Class does not earn MQMs? Yes It Does, Says Delta Air Lines

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
We just posted the updated information on delta.com which can be found here:

Hopefully this clears things up for all.
Excellent...just need those 10,000 MQMs transferred into my account now.
Old May 19, 2011, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold

Should have let let the discussion run wild. Would have been more fun to watch.
Old May 19, 2011, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Should have let let the discussion run wild. Would have been more fun to watch.
Should have posted this when the fare became bookable...then the thread would not exist.

Thank you SMI. Do you guys ever have "post mortem" discussions? If so this is one that should never, ever happen again.
Old May 19, 2011, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium

I think this page is a bit unclear: it says Total MQM Earned is 750 for First, BusinessElite®, Business. Shouldn't that say "750 min or 150%"? And the other to say 500 min or 100% base miles?

Or maybe the overall page should say "Minimum Qualification"?
Old May 19, 2011, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I think this page is a bit unclear: it says Total MQM Earned is 750 for First, BusinessElite®, Business. Shouldn't that say "750 min or 150%"? And the other to say 500 min or 100% base miles?

Or maybe the overall page should say "Minimum Qualification"?
It says that it is related to the 500 mile minimum.

Old May 19, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Thank you for clearing this up, SMI.
Old May 19, 2011, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Update the website and train your employees.
Both of which DL has been bad about in the past. Heck, there are so many employees that still don't know basic things like who is in ST, who is a partner, how to book awards on partners, OJ and stopovers are allowed on bookings.

This is clearly a mgmt issue.

SMI - thanks for the clarification. Though it would be nice to explain the confusion over "Published E fares". What is a non-published E fare?
Old May 19, 2011, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Should have posted this when the fare became bookable...then the thread would not exist.

Thank you SMI. Do you guys ever have "post mortem" discussions? If so this is one that should never, ever happen again.
But I doubt that what has been posted recently was their original intent. It's more likely that what you heard was the plan; after almost 300 postings of feathers ruffled, they changed their plans.

The score is now FT & avidflyer, 1; Delta 0.

^
Old May 19, 2011, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by akonradi
It says that it is related to the 500 mile minimum.

I see that for 500x1.5 , but look at the next column, it says 750 but not minimum.

Again, maybe the headline on the box should be edited to say Minimum Qualification Miles Traveling on Delta? It's not exactly clear.

Of course I know what SkyMiles really means here, but someone like my mom would be very confused by this page and might think they only get 500 miles for a flight.
Old May 19, 2011, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I very strongly doubt that. The fare recalibration thing launches in 11 days, it is obvious to anyone who has every dealt with a large corporation that they were starting to launch and implent the new fare class and not everything was done yet. Some believe with all the subtlety and intelligence of a FT newbie calling an airline "to check" on a mistake fare, that any random phone employee, or even an ex NWA "supervisor" in Chisholm (who had to call three people) somehow had definate insight, when in fact it was very obvious that all that people were getting was a response which was according to the existing rules/fare classes, not the "new" one. This is not the SWU DM issue last year folks, this is one where certain posters start to makethose who post on FT look like a bunch of nutjobs.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:45 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
oh... but it will

No offense to SMI, but the folks in upper mgt just don't get it... nor the power of social media.

bets on when another IT boo-boo will occurr and take a week and hundreds of posts on FT to get an answer

Old May 20, 2011, 1:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Sorry but several emails from DELTA AIRLINES stating in black an white that E FARES WILL NOT EARN MQMs is far from "Speculation".

You may want to turn your sights on understanding why a company as big and with as many resources as DL can continue to screw up EVERYTHING they roll out...and this one was a freaking easy as it gets: Update the website and train your employees.

Speculation? You got to be kidding me.
Nobody knew anything about the new E fares.....so yes, it was speculation. DL rolled them out, posted an internal memo over a month ago saying that a new fare class was being added to better align with partners and didn't have any specifics. I agree that once they started appearing that it should have been clear if they earned miles or MQMs but it appears that DL stayed true to how its been for some time with ALL REVENUE fares earning at least 100% RDM and MQM. It was never stated otherwise. The big confusion came when people started booking these tickets and reps looked up E class (which hadn't been introduced or clarified 100% to DL employees) and saw that it was a promotional/award/SkyBonus class on the fare chart and then stated that it didn't earn miles.

Again, there were many unknowns about the new E fare class so, yes, everything here on FT was pure speculation. Has anyone flown on a "E" class ticket yet? Has anyone got mileage credit on an "E" class ticket? If the answer is no.....then it is speculation.
Old May 20, 2011, 2:43 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Again, there were many unknowns about the new E fare class so, yes, everything here on FT was pure speculation. Has anyone flown on a "E" class ticket yet? Has anyone got mileage credit on an "E" class ticket? If the answer is no.....then it is speculation.
To speculate = to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence (according to Merriam-Webster).

Several communications DIRECTLY from Delta are evidence. We're not talking about something a FTer heard some FA say during a flight, or guessing based on the daily horoscope. These were numerous direct answers from Delta to a very specific question. NOT speculation.
Old May 20, 2011, 5:24 am

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Originally Posted by florin
To speculate = to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence (according to Merriam-Webster).

Several communications DIRECTLY from Delta are evidence. We're not talking about something a FTer heard some FA say during a flight, or guessing based on the daily horoscope. These were numerous direct answers from Delta to a very specific question. NOT speculation.
Let's not start using the real definitions of words, that could lead to big trouble here at FT.
Old May 20, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Both of which DL has been bad about in the past. Heck, there are so many employees that still don't know basic things like who is in ST, who is a partner, how to book awards on partners, OJ and stopovers are allowed on bookings.

This is clearly a mgmt issue.

SMI - thanks for the clarification. Though it would be nice to explain the confusion over "Published E fares". What is a non-published E fare?
^

I was curious about that too...I have no idea what the difference is and why only E fares are distinguished that way. Whats the story?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.