Wiki Posts
Search

MIA-LHR: DL's new service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2011, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
I'll agree with his notes about the short flight time.

The comment about alleged turbulence causing the wine spill was a bit disingenuous. IF nypdLieu wanted to defend DL fine, but there have been additional posts on this thread that the FAs on the BOS/MIA-LHR routes are new to BE and are learning on the go.

Hopefully OP (being a MM DL flier) would have the sense not to blame spilled wine from severe turbulence on the FAs.
The spilled wine and the toppled bread basket resulted from the fact the FAs were in the way of one another. Two of the four resembled deer in the headlights; they simply didn't know what to do. The original reference to the "Keystone Cops" was entirely appropriate.

That being said, I did feel sorry for the FAs and blame corporate for 1) not providing the promised mentor and 2) not ensuring that the crew was adequately trained.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
I flew MIA-LHR-MIA with an associate outbound 4/14, returning 4/18. Both of us felt the flights couldn't have been more comfortable and the service was great. The MIA/FLL flight attendants were very knowledgeable about the service and very warm and friendly.

I offer appreciation to both crews!!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 11:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
I'll agree with his notes about the short flight time.

The comment about alleged turbulence causing the wine spill was a bit disingenuous. IF nypdLieu wanted to defend DL fine, but there have been additional posts on this thread that the FAs on the BOS/MIA-LHR routes are new to BE and are learning on the go.

Hopefully OP (being a MM DL flier) would have the sense not to blame spilled wine from severe turbulence on the FAs.
The comment I made, I used the word, 'maybe'. hardly disingenuous. I have seen many a drink spill and items fall due to turbulence. It happens, flight attendants are after all, human (just like us coppers). God forbid a glass of wine gets spilled.......

Next, you'll say I flamed the OP. All I did was bring out some interesting facts about the flight, not necessarily done to defend Delta, just adding my commentry to a public forum.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 11:42 pm
Suspended

My last flight, the FA dropped a croissant on the floor in front of me. I couldn't believe it. I mean, how dare does that confounded croissant topple to the floor? Shame shame on the FA for allowing it to topple.

The way I perceived it, the flight attendant should have been more attentive to the transfer of the croissant from the basket to the plate.

I expect my FA's to be perfect all the time, everytime.

However, in his defense, he picked it up with a towel and to the best of my knowledge, the said croissant was then disposed of in the garbage (or back in the bread basket and served to the next passenger).

Last edited by DL2SXM; Apr 23, 2011 at 12:25 am
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles (Silver), UA Mileage Plus, US Scareways, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
My last flight, the FA dropped a croissant on the floor in front of me. I couldn't believe it. I mean, how dare does that confounded croissant topple to the floor? Shame shame on the FA for allowing it to topple.

The way I perceived it, the flight attendant should have been more attentive to the transfer of the croissant from the basket to the plate.

I expect my FA's to be perfect all the time, everytime.

However, in his defense, he picked it up with a towel and to the best of my knowledge, the said croissant was then disposed of in the garbage (or back in the bread basket and served to the next passenger).
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:18 am
Suspended

Actually, come to think of it, I was distracted by some commotion in the middle galley. Now that I think about it, that confounded croissant made its way onto my dinner plate!!!

Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Actually, come to think of it, I was distracted by some commotion in the middle galley. Now that I think about it, that confounded croissant made its way onto my dinner plate!!!
3 second rule?
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rwoman
3 second rule?
and not a nanosecond more!
Old Apr 23, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
OP presented a general picture of

a poorly executed meal service. FA's don't know what is on the wine list? How hard is that? Why so many apologists on these boards. Have they been taken over by employees of the respective carriers? We all know things can be pretty messed up on board. Why try to deny it? It comes down to bad management.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iquitos
a poorly executed meal service. FA's don't know what is on the wine list? How hard is that? Why so many apologists on these boards. Have they been taken over by employees of the respective carriers? We all know things can be pretty messed up on board. Why try to deny it? It comes down to bad management.
its a subjective opinion by the OP.

I take everything I hear with a grain of salt.

I've never met the OP before, so while its possible everything he said happened, it could be embelished to some extent; right?

Speaking of MIA to LHR, popular flight, its going out oversold in coach tonight.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:59 pm
Suspended

its a subjective opinion by the OP.

I take everything I hear with a grain of salt.

I've never met the OP before, so while its possible everything he said happened, it could be embelished to some extent; right?

Speaking of MIA to LHR, popular flight, its going out oversold in coach tonight.
Of course, it could have been worse too if you had the wine dropped on you. OP did in indeed have pertinent details about the fact the crew was inexperienced on BE, the fact about mentors on these new flights and that there wasn't one on this. It definitely sounds from other posts that DL is trying to get up to speed on these flights, and in fact OP notes it is more a management issue than the FAs who had to execute.

At the end of the day, there wasn't a fight over reclining seats so who knows.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Of course, it could have been worse too if you had the wine dropped on you. OP did in indeed have pertinent details about the fact the crew was inexperienced on BE, the fact about mentors on these new flights and that there wasn't one on this. It definitely sounds from other posts that DL is trying to get up to speed on these flights, and in fact OP notes it is more a management issue than the FAs who had to execute.

At the end of the day, there wasn't a fight over reclining seats so who knows.
But, maybe there was!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rapped-6b.html
Old Apr 25, 2011, 7:11 pm

As I wrote earlier, I flew MIA-LHR this past Friday the 22nd.

Regarding the in-flight service, it was fine to me. Once we finally got going out of MIA I found the service prompt and efficient. It wasn't the warmest of service but at no time did it appear to me to be anywhere near the debacle the o.p. experienced.

There were issues with the nearly 1 hour and 45 minute delay departing due to a fuel load discrepancy. The service, or lack thereof, provided by the in-flight crew for that period was abysmal. I am aware that they cannot break open the liquor containers until airborne but that doesn't mean BusinessElite passengers should have to get up from their seats a couple of times and ask for water, while breaking up a gab fest in the forward galley. This was poor. But, again, the meal service was fine to me.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Are all courses now served on the brown linen covered tray? eg, Do they place the entree plate onto the tray or directly onto the white linen covered tray table?
Old May 7, 2011, 11:20 am
Suspended

to the OP:

as promised, here are some facts from my flight the other day, MIA to LHR. I was sittting in 7A, business elite cabin.

I will get right to the meat and potatoes of the flight.

Well, low and behold, the complete meal service took just over 3 hours. Not nearly as long as the OP's, but longer then I am accustmed to. I tribute the extra length of the meal service on the B764 to just having the one galley in the front of the plane and only one BE section.

Next, and I almost swallowed my tounge on this one; two of the FA's, obviously in a hurry to finish the meal service to get to the dessert service, bumped into each other. Although neither one dropped anything on the floor, it was obviously due to the fact that the meal service was taking longer then they expected so they started 'stepping on the gas' a little bit. It was sort of comical.

All in all, it was a good flight, but had very little time to sleep since we were already more then half way into the flight before I was finally able to relax my seat and get to sleep.

Oh, we deplaned from the forward door and not the middle. I was through fast track in less then 5 minutes, and even though I am only staying the night, the immigrations official didnt ask any questions.

The Yotel was nice, stayed my hour, took a shower and was on my way.

Also, does anyone know if MIA has GE kiosks for the Delta terminal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.