Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA-LHR: DL's new service

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
Pretty much...Shocked the OP isn't blaming DL for the tail winds. Just sitting back shaking my head, but not really suprised.
Hah... so true. Great post.
Old May 7, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Also, does anyone know if MIA has GE kiosks for the Delta terminal?
Yes, there's at least one GE kiosk all the way to the left near the crew lane at immigration.
Old May 7, 2011, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by MS02113
Yes, there's at least one GE kiosk all the way to the left near the crew lane at immigration.
gracias!
Old May 7, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM-KM,BA,AA,HH,MRTPlat,Choice
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
to the OP:

as promised, here are some facts from my flight the other day, MIA to LHR. I was sittting in 7A, business elite cabin.

I will get right to the meat and potatoes of the flight.

Well, low and behold, the complete meal service took just over 3 hours. Not nearly as long as the OP's, but longer then I am accustmed to. I tribute the extra length of the meal service on the B764 to just having the one galley in the front of the plane and only one BE section.

Next, and I almost swallowed my tounge on this one; two of the FA's, obviously in a hurry to finish the meal service to get to the dessert service, bumped into each other. Although neither one dropped anything on the floor, it was obviously due to the fact that the meal service was taking longer then they expected so they started 'stepping on the gas' a little bit. It was sort of comical.

All in all, it was a good flight, but had very little time to sleep since we were already more then half way into the flight before I was finally able to relax my seat and get to sleep.

Oh, we deplaned from the forward door and not the middle. I was through fast track in less then 5 minutes, and even though I am only staying the night, the immigrations official didnt ask any questions.

The Yotel was nice, stayed my hour, took a shower and was on my way.

Also, does anyone know if MIA has GE kiosks for the Delta terminal?
Curious, where did you stay for your 1 night in London? I'm flying in 2 weeks and will also be staying for 1 night and trying to decide on the Hilton at T4 or going for something in the city.
Old May 8, 2011, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by khaden
Curious, where did you stay for your 1 night in London? I'm flying in 2 weeks and will also be staying for 1 night and trying to decide on the Hilton at T4 or going for something in the city.
The Hilton at Terminal 4 is very convenient; it's a five minute walk from Delta's check-in counters.

Personally, I'd book a roundtrip on the Heathrow Express and spend the night in the city.
Old May 8, 2011, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by khaden
If you want to stay somewhere other than London Paddington and avoid the high fares on the Heathrow Express, there are lots of nice hotels in the Kensington, Knightsbridge, Green Park, and Hyde Park areas that provide easy access to the Piccadilly Line and enable you to stay the night in London before your flight the next day.

I like staying near Gloucester Road Tube station - there is a Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, and Millennium Hotel all within 2-3 minutes walking distance. It's a fairly quick trip to T4 on the Tube, which is a fraction of the cost of the HEX - the UK/Ireland forum has a lot of discussion on getting to/from LHR.

Have a good trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.