Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA-LHR: DL's new service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
As much as I hate poor service, i do feel bad for the FA's, if they have never been trained on that flight, or any international flight before, its hard to blame them for being overwhelmed. Sorta wonder why Delta didnt think this might be an issue.
The FAs are trained on the aircraft and receive detailed information about the service. However, like with any new experience, it takes a little while to get comfortable doing something...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 .5 MM
June 10 I am

I purchased a ticket on this flight RT on June 10 in BE so I will report how it goes for me. I am a regular on AA on this route but since January I have been flying international on Delta and I have seen extremes. It seems to be all about experience and attitude. When they are both great it is awesome as my last flight on Delta was to Tel Aviv.

Sorry for not using all the abbreviations used here but I am still learning them.

MinM
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
So your saying you made the FA cry?
No, she didn't cry at all.

Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
Pretty much...Shocked the OP isn't blaming DL for the tail winds. Just sitting back shaking my head, but not really suprised.
Yes, because it was too strong high headwinds gusts. This is on the weight restrictions. The winds will died down and doesn't stops the winds over Atlantic Oceans. You have to remains in the seated during experienced the turbulence. You will get some bumper.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by jsafford
Also, I found that I prefer this lie-flat seat in the 767-400 over the ones on the 777-200LR. I felt like I had more space to myself and that I got a better night's sleep overall.
Please compare specific seats as I loved 7A on the 772 and am wondering what the 764D is doing to be like in 1A (galley noise aside).
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by iwandertheglobe
the breakfast service began about ninety hours after the conclusion of the dinner service.
Wow, that is a long time between meals!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
If the F/A cares enough about providing good service to be on the verge of tears by the end of the flight because they made a few mistakes, then the airline is doing something right.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
This story has deeply moved me. I can't even count the number of times I've been sat in 43G next to the Lavs just hoping and praying that everything is going smoothly in BE. I have a recurring nightmare that someone will order asparagus soup and get gazpacho, or find that the Merlot has been switched with a poor substitute Pinot Noir. To find that the FA's didn't know the menu, dropped the bread basket, and finally spilled wine just goes to show - no matter how bad you imagine it could be; the reality is always infinitely worse.

As a consequence of this post I have cancelled my contributions to the Mother Therasa Trust fund and instead have channeled any spare money I have into a research fund looking into the causes of mediocre cabin service.

This is a travesty within an injustice.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
Wow, that is a long time between meals!
Yeah, I always to sit in the front seat. I sit 1G & 1A in the J class for my last previously flight.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Slow learner
I have a recurring nightmare that someone will order asparagus soup…
Me too!

I was on MIA-SFO with AA a couple years ago, and they served asparagus omelettes at the beginning of the flight for breakfast. A few hours later, the forward lavatory was pretty rank.

Last edited by BonzoESC; Apr 20, 2011 at 7:21 pm Reason: not straight up asparagus, but in an omelette
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:38 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by Xeno
Please compare specific seats as I loved 7A on the 772 and am wondering what the 764D is doing to be like in 1A (galley noise aside).
Avoid row 1. Row 5 is ideal, IMO. Followed by 7, then 3.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by DLNYC
Avoid row 1. Row 5 is ideal, IMO. Followed by 7, then 3.
The single most seat to avoid on the 77L is 8C. The bathroom in the 2nd half of the BE cabin is almost directly opposite seat 8C.

I think it would be a good idea to block that seat and save it for NRSA's or as a crew rest.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
The single most seat to avoid on the 77L is 8C. The bathroom in the 2nd half of the BE cabin is almost directly opposite seat 8C.

I think it would be a good idea to block that seat and save it for NRSA's or as a crew rest.
Did DL not get the overhead/crown-area rest compartment that's an option for 777-200ERs?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:21 pm

They do have the overhead crew rest. No seats in the cabin are needed for crew rest.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM-KM,BA,AA,HH,MRTPlat,Choice
I'll be on this flight May 13 so will post on my experience in BE both ways.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by nypdLieu

I was referring to the 764.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.