Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I'm talking about the actual AMEX application that is hosted on their server. When you click Apply Now on the page you suggested, where does it take you?

Edit: This was in reply to TTBHG's post

Last edited by greenythebeast; Mar 19, 2011 at 1:00 pm
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by greenythebeast
I'm talking about the actual AMEX application that is hosted on their server. When you click Apply Now on the page you suggested, where does it take you?

Edit: This was in reply to TTBHG's post
I tried taking the address of the application page and posting it as a link but when I hit preview post and click the link to make sure it works, it comes up as an expired session so I don't think I can link you straight to the application.

If going through the last link I posted doesn't get you to the correct app, you might consider calling Amex and asking to apply for that specific offer and see if they let you.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:16 pm

Hmm, does this app work for you?

https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...261-0/0/0/0/n/

I assume the one you have should look similar.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Hmm, does this app work for you?

https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...261-0/0/0/0/n/

I assume the one you have should look similar.
The application looks the same. The only difference is your app is for a gold card with 30k and the one I used is a platinum with 40k and 15kMQMs plus $100 statement credit. To me, the Plat offer is far better.

I have been with Amex for years and I find their customer service to be outstanding. You should just give them a call and tell them a friend of yours just got the Plat offer stated above and you would love to join the Amex family and ask them for that offer. Worst case scenario they tell you it is targeted and you are only out a 5 minute phone call.

Did you try clearing your history and cache before clicking on the link I posted? Maybe Amex is recognizing you when you try to click on the link.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by TTBHG
The application looks the same. The only difference is your app is for a gold card with 30k and the one I used is a platinum with 40k and 15kMQMs plus $100 statement credit. To me, the Plat offer is far better.

I have been with Amex for years and I find their customer service to be outstanding. You should just give them a call and tell them a friend of yours just got the Plat offer stated above and you would love to join the Amex family and ask them for that offer. Worst case scenario they tell you it is targeted and you are only out a 5 minute phone call.

Did you try clearing your history and cache before clicking on the link I posted? Maybe Amex is recognizing you when you try to click on the link.
Tried in a new browser with everything cleared and still get directed to the "login" screen.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Sorry. The link works fine for me. It sucks that more people can't take advantage of it.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 4:15 pm

Do you wanna post the link you have and I'll confirm its expired from my side? Might as well try before I call.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Do you wanna post the link you have and I'll confirm its expired from my side? Might as well try before I call.

https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...36/20013/b/273

Might trying refreshing or something. I wish I could help you a little more.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 4:23 pm

Very weird. It's a completely different style of link than the one I posted. When I click Apply Now from the offer page it sends me to https://www.deltaamexcard.com/CardAp...bMQeQNq12Yc%3d which redirects to the link I posted. Is there an intermediary link like that for yours?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 8:12 pm

Decoded the application link finally and it is definitely expired Will try calling perhaps. So is the $150 fee waived for first year or not?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
This deal when I click it, says its EXPIRED. Then it says instead I can get lousier deal... 30K miles, annual fee waived first year.

I am wondering... should I wait for a new Delta Amex deal? How often do they come out????? I wonder if a good deal usually comes out soon after March 31st due to the new quarter. Someone in-the-know please chime in here because I would like to get the best Delta Amex deal. (note that this excludes the amex plat with 50MR deal). thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 9:28 pm

Depend what you consider a good deal. I consider this excellent but I value the 15k mqm highly.

The reality is if I don't source 10-25k mqm miles a year from alternate sources I won't make plat.

Others would rather 50k RDM and could care less about MQM.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Inquiring minds would like to know if there is a better offer out there for Delta AMEX. The 30K is definitely not worth it at the moment when they recently had a 50k deal. There ought to be something in the woodworks!!! Please chime in if you know anything through the grapevine.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 6:42 pm
mpp

Just got this e-mail.

Hello Mr. mpp,

You're one of our most valued customers. So we'd like to extend an offer to you few others can enjoy.

Now you can earn up to 40,000 bonus miles,1,2 including 15,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles, and $100 cash back3 with the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card.

Here's how it works.

Earn 25,000 bonus miles, including 5,000 MQMs, after your first purchase on the Card.
Earn 15,000 more bonus miles, including 10,000 MQMs, after you spend $1,500 in three months.
Receive $100 cash back after you make a Delta purchase.

You can also enjoy all of the following:

Earn up to 20,000 MQMs toward Medallion status each year with built-in Miles BoostsSM4
Any MQMs you've earned above your Medallion qualification level will roll over to your MQM balance for the following year5
Pay with Miles - an exclusive benefit for Cardmembers - allows you to pay for all or part of a Delta flight with miles.6 10,000 miles gets you $100 off a Delta flight
Double miles on Delta purchases7 and one mile per eligible dollar spent for everyday purchases8
Receive a free* Domestic Economy Class Companion Certificate each year when you renew your Card
$25 Delta Sky Club® access9
The annual fee is $150

Don't delay. This exclusive offer ends October 23, 2011.
I assume it's targeted but I don't know. I just recently canceled my Delta Gold Amex, so perhaps that's it. I'm Delta Platinum. I have a regular Platinum Amex. Not sure if I'm going to bite on this one. I've already made Delta Platinum Medallion for 2012. I can use the miles for rollover I guess, but I don't know what my plans are for next year. The $100 credit for a $150 annual fee is a nice deal though.

There is good news in the fine print:

Medallion Qualification Miles earned in 2011 above member's earned Medallion threshold level will be rolled over to 2012 and will count toward 2012 Medallion status qualification.
which means Delta will continue the rollover MQM program. There is always concern that they will cancel that at some point.

For those that want to try on their own if they didn't get the e-mail at the bottom it says to refer Delta customer service representative to 97364824.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: OnePass Platinum, HHonors Gold
Is there a number listed I could call? Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.