Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Well, I was there and "diamonds" was what was said.
80 diamonds doesn't shock me. I have been a diamond for years and have recently seen MANY more people boarding in the premium zone than before. For example: today from Phily to DTW there had to have been 50 people who boarded in the premium zone on a 717 that has 12 FC seats.

two explanations:
1) the rest were diamonds who missed the upgrade but still boarded with premium as is their right on their boarding pass or
2) the gate agents simply NEVER enforce boarding by zone and let anyone slide through.

This may be a different topic, but just my observations.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
the gate agents simply NEVER enforce boarding by zone and let anyone slide through.
This has always been a major problem not just in business-class/first-class/premium and Sky Priority boarding groups, but also those who self-identify has requiring "extra time or assistance" for early boarding.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
41 today STL-DTW.....on a CR9. Thankfully I was already in FC.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
I think the shortest I've seen on ATL-RDU v/v is around 30, and as high as 90 on 757s.
On weekdays yes but on weekends it's lower. I did a round trip on MD-88/90s last year Saturday out, Sunday back and the first flight had an upgrade list of 12 or so and the return about 8.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL - PM
DL 147 SLC-ATL on Monday 1/22, I was 3/95 on a RUC with no seats available. Comfort plus had 51 on the list for two seats.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ordhater
DL 147 SLC-ATL on Monday 1/22, I was 3/95 on a RUC with no seats available. Comfort plus had 51 on the list for two seats.
That's cray cray.

Hub to hub routes are simply impossible.
Ordhater likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:58 pm

.........., but also those who self-identify has requiring "extra time or assistance" for early boarding.
Legally Delta can not ask anyone who self identifies as needing extra time or assistance what there reason is? IF someone self identifies they must be given the opportunity.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by stillontheroad
Legally Delta can not ask anyone who self identifies as needing extra time or assistance what there reason is? IF someone self identifies they must be given the opportunity.
I understand that, but it could enforce children. If your kid is walking you shouldn't get early boarding.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I understand that, but it could enforce children. If your kid is walking you shouldn't get early boarding.
As long as they are not shaving yet, I think they can get by.

Along with all 13 others in the family group.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The longest upgrade list...

When I am #1 for zero seats, I regard the list to be infinitely long.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
The longest upgrade list...

When I am #1 for zero seats, I regard the list to be infinitely long.
That's definitely when staying home is better. LOL
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:59 am

I was #4 of 144 on a DTW to LAS flight for CES this year, and then #2 of 130 on the return flight a few days later. Gate agents said there were about 60 diamonds on each flight. Overhead bin space was gone before SKY finished boarding. Huge gate lice infestation.

(As a lowly platinum, I was so high on the upgrade list because I used RUCs for the wait list; didn't clear either way).

Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ctsgoblue
I was #4 of 144 on a DTW to LAS flight for CES this year, and then #2 of 130 on the return flight a few days later. Gate agents said there were about 60 diamonds on each flight. Overhead bin space was gone before SKY finished boarding. Huge gate lice infestation.

(As a lowly platinum, I was so high on the upgrade list because I used RUCs for the wait list; didn't clear either way).
I am glad that LAS is one of my "I've been there 2 or 3 times, and I am not interested in going back" locations.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Meanwhile the shortest list today. No one on the list at the gate, only five taken seats in FC.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by WWads
Meanwhile the shortest list today. No one on the list at the gate, only five taken seats in FC.
Flying LAX-SJC today and there was one person on the upgrade list.
Per the app there is 8 empty seats in FC, 35 empty in C+ and 121 overall on the plane.
it is a 737-800.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.