Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:33 pm

I'm currently #19 out of 52 for an EWR-ATL flight tomorrow afternoon on a 717. For 2 available FC seats. I'm a Diamond and Reserve card holder, so only higher fare classes and instruments would be above me. And, I suppose any other Diamonds who are on the same fare class but have already hit the 25k waiver.....

If I cared more (and it was a longer flight), I would burn an RUC just to see how far it would jump me up the list! ;-)
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I'm currently #19 out of 52 for an EWR-ATL flight tomorrow afternoon on a 717. For 2 available FC seats. I'm a Diamond and Reserve card holder, so only higher fare classes and instruments would be above me. And, I suppose any other Diamonds who are on the same fare class but have already hit the 25k waiver.....

If I cared more (and it was a longer flight), I would burn an RUC just to see how far it would jump me up the list! ;-)
Couldn't you apply it and withdraw it?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
ATL-DTW on Friday evening. I was number 1 of 34 on the upgrade list for 4 seats in first-class until my arrival in Atlanta, when I dropped from number 1 to number 4 with 3 seats remaining. By the time I left the Sky Club in terminal F and made my way to the departure gate in terminal A, I went from number 4 for 3 seats to number 1 for 3 seats.

I thought this was veryunusual. I can only guess that someone didn't make their connection or did a same-day change.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Feb 3, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
ATL-DTW on Friday evening. I was number 1 of 34 on the upgrade list for 4 seats in first-class until my arrival in Atlanta, when I dropped from number 1 to number 4 with 3 seats remaining. By the time I left the Sky Club in terminal F and made my way to the departure gate in terminal A, I went from number 4 for 3 seats to number 12for 3 seats.

I thought this was veryunusual. I can only guess that someone didn't make their connection or did a same-day change.
I'd guess that a lot of high-fare DMs did SDCs. The last two days of the week see a lot of that.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:11 pm

Couldn't you apply it and withdraw it?
I ended up applying it and keeping it - you can't take 'em with ya!

By flight time I was #1 of 70 for 0 seats. I went to the GA about 10 minutes before boarding was scheduled to begin and asked if it was likely to stay that way & she told me that she actually had one in front of me (even though I was showing at the top of the list), but to hold off on boarding because "you might luck out". She also said that boarding would forfeit my spot on the UG list. Consistently inconsistent much?

Anyway, they called me to the podium shortly after they started boarding SKY and gave me 3A!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I was 1 of 57 MSP-MCO the Monday after superbowl.

1 of 57
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Upgrade lists have noticably shrunk this past week with the great February culling. Routes that consistently had 70-120 on the upgrade list now seem to only have 40-90. I even snagged a Comfort+ seat on a flight for next week!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:58 am

The longest upgrade list I saw was here on the Delta FT forum. I just started reading the forum from page 1 stopping to read the posts about who got or did not get their upgrades! Don't worry I used my trusty OKI Data Daisywheel printer for the processed upgrade manifest to give the A Flight Attendant!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:32 am
Suspended

What I don't understand is why Delta can't get this upgrade thing right. There are too many reports of empty first-class seats or elites who boarded into comfort-plus being skipped over for a last-minute upgrade. Yet at the same time, as a diamond, I routinely get an upgrade clearing ahead of the diamond upgrade window.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:41 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
What I don't understand is why Delta can't get this upgrade thing right. There are too many reports of empty first-class seats or elites who boarded into comfort-plus being skipped over for a last-minute upgrade. Yet at the same time, as a diamond, I routinely get an upgrade clearing ahead of the diamond upgrade window.
What do those two things have to do with each other?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
last night MSP-PHX, 64 on the upgrade list. As a DM, I was #14 , and not even on the first screen.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FC flyer
last night MSP-PHX, 64 on the upgrade list. As a DM, I was #14 , and not even on the first screen.

WOW.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:49 am
Suspended

HNL-SEA
757-300
18 February 2018
9 on upgrade list for 10 seats in first-class. The plane went out with 1 empty first-class seat as there was nobody left to upgrade.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
HNL-SEA
757-300
18 February 2018
9 on upgrade list for 10 seats in first-class. The plane went out with 1 empty first-class seat as there was nobody left to upgrade.
Did a bunch of seats come open at the last minute? It seems strange that the flight went to the gate with 10 seats empty and no one was UG at the window. (but we are talking about DL's RM here so nothing surprises me) Also surprised there weren't any non-revs on the flight that would get put in F after all the UG's cleared.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
HNL-SEA
757-300
18 February 2018
Sorry, but this is completely off-topic for this thread. Zero on the upgrade list is certainly not the longest upgrade list you've experienced.*

*Unless you're saying there was a huge line of honeymooners at the gate asking for favors because they're newlyweds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.