Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
I had been looking for the standards to find the font name but was surprised not to find it in the Press Kit area on delta.com. I did notice, though, that the blue color in the logo is lighter than the color on the logo on delta.com. Once I identified what the color code was, a Google search for "delta" and the color code pointed me to the info that I was looking for:
http://deltabrandcenter.com/

Delta Blue is #003366.

Also, I would think that the SkyTeam logo might should be dropped altogether unless there really is some partnership that directly involves them.

Canarsie, what graphics app are you using?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:19 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sc flier
Canarsie, what graphics app are you using?
I am using Adobe InDesign, and the vector graphics were downloaded directly from Delta Air Lines. Regarding the graphics from Delta Air Lines, I have changed nothing — not even the colors.

The old logo for the event for this year is on top, and the new logo is directly below it:

...so that you can compare for yourselves.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I still don't see the difference.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Dovster
Look at the placement of the ' - ' after "IT'S OUR AIRLINE in relation to the top edge of the logo. Everything else would probably require a magnifying glass and calipers.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Italy98
Look at the placement of the ' - ' after "IT'S OUR AIRLINE in relation to the top edge of the logo. Everything else would probably require a magnifying glass and calipers.
Take a look at the letter R in the It’s Our Airline — And It Shows slogan in both examples.

I must admit that the comparison between the Frutiger and Whitney typefaces is closer than I thought. My original choice of Frutiger was probably the closest without using Whitney...
Old Jul 16, 2010, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
My original choice of Frutiger was probably the closest without using Whitney...
They're very different. Whitney is reserved for CO...

Whitney IAH
Old Jul 16, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
They're very different. Whitney is reserved for CO...

Whitney IAH
Ouch.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
Originally Posted by Dovster
That's because it means you'll have to take your eyes off the hot blond.

Take a look at the "R" in the OUR, where the right hand leg joins the loop, it's curved in the fruitiger / original version and it's perfectly straight in the Whitney / new version. Hope that helps.

Maybe if you ask the hot blond to stand behind your monitor, you'll be able to focus better.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by fsfguy
Take a look at the "R" in the OUR, where the right hand leg joins the loop, it's curved in the fruitiger / original version and it's perfectly straight in the Whitney / new version. Hope that helps.
I suspect that you'll lose him by this point.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 11:23 pm

So sorry to hear the bad news skoker! Any chance the situation will change?
Unfortunately, no

Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal
Sad, we will miss you!!
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Say it ain't so, skoker. I was really looking forward to meeting up with you, maybe bending your ear a bit. I really appreciate your incredibly helpful thread. Very sorry to hear you won't be attending.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Trust me, if I could I'd be there in a heartbeat, come hell or high water, but sometimes things come up in life that you just can't waltz... or fly...around

I'm heartbroken, but let's just say there'd be trouble if I was there, let's speak no more of this...
Old Jul 16, 2010, 11:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
Skoker -- your presence will be noted in spirit. Perhaps another time, but in the meantime, may best come your way.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by skoker
I'm heartbroken, but let's just say there'd be trouble if I was there, let's speak no more of this...
Sounds like your fiancee scheduled the wedding that weekend without consulting you.

Old Jul 17, 2010, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Sounds like your fiancee scheduled the wedding that weekend without consulting you.

Pssh, I wish.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
the dash

When I compare the two, it looks to me that the biggest difference is in the type (length) of the dash. The old (top) one has a 1/m-dash while the newer (bottom) one has a 1/n-dash. Thus, the shorter dash doesn't hit the boundary.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I compare the two, it looks to me that the biggest difference is in the type (length) of the dash. The old (top) one has a 1/m-dash while the newer (bottom) one has a 1/n-dash. Thus, the shorter dash doesn't hit the boundary.
Believe it or not, when I changed the typeface from Frutiger to Whitney, I did not change the length of the dash. However, I am thinking about lengthening it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.