FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Rude FF gets his due... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1092050-rude-ff-gets-his-due.html)

pragakhan Jun 25, 2010 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Moebius01 (Post 14193333)
Clearly the OP was actually a non-rev who knew the FA was friends with the cat.

I thought #3 was the nrsa?

DLNYC Jun 25, 2010 11:56 am

Originally Posted by pragakhan (Post 14193734)
I thought #3 was the nrsa?

Even worse, #3 was an FO.

StayingHomeIsBetter Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Moebius01 (Post 14187774)
So basically, you're saying that (assuming the FAs were on their job and making sure the captain doesn't push back until the phones are off), that it's OK to delay 180 other people because your call is important?

Sorry, but if the partner is important enough that things can't wait the 2-3 hours, or that anyone he calls needs to break FAA regulations to talk to him, then he needs to charter a private jet.

+100^

Self-absorption is such a terrible disease. So hard to cure, too.

Especially when those around the offender act as enablers.

dickinson Jun 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Did someone miss out on an upgrade? Just wondering.

DLNYC Jun 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by dickinson (Post 14195869)

I think so, but I'm pretty sure it was due to a terrible disease which is difficult to cure.

exwannabe Jun 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by DLNYC (Post 14195883)
I think so, but I'm pretty sure it was due to a terrible disease which is difficult to cure.

No, rudeness is easy to cure.

The FA was RUDE in upgrading the cat instead of the non-rev, especially considering that the cat was on a phone call with #1.

And the GA clearly violated policy when they gave #3's seat away to the turtle.

BTW: Seriously I thought the OP was very clear. How did this thread degenerate?

ADLFO Jun 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe (Post 14196056)
No, rudeness is easy to cure.

The FA was RUDE in upgrading the cat instead of the non-rev, especially considering that the cat was on a phone call with #1.

And the GA clearly violated policy when they gave #3's seat away to the turtle.

BTW: Seriously I thought the OP was very clear. How did this thread degenerate?

Turtle was a non-rev who knew the GA. The cat, who sat in the back, was actually listed on DL.com as having 2B in V fare class. SHENANIGANS!!!!!

KenfromDE Jun 25, 2010 7:26 pm

.............The FA was RUDE in upgrading the cat.............And the GA clearly violated policy when they gave #3's seat away..........BTW: Seriously I thought the OP was very clear. How did this thread degenerate?

I heard it was your fault!

AJDelvarno Jun 25, 2010 7:55 pm

BTW: Seriously I thought the OP was very clear.

Good one, exwannabe. As if.

pragakhan Jun 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by dickinson (Post 14195869)

To help figure it out, I translated post 1: English -> Russian -> Spanish -> English and this is what we got now.

When closed the boarding door, one of FC is open. FA looked at updating the list and found the # 1 member Medallion waiting list to sit on the 23F, which means it could move to first class. She went to him as "off the mobile phone message has been completed. It was in his mobile phone when she began offering a place all I got was:" Sir ...". He was ballistic, shouting that he was an important call , got off the phone functions, when it did, and lower back.

She said # 2 position in the list of FC opened for him to take.
Kinda helps??

Evan! Jun 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by pragakhan (Post 14196788)
To help figure it out, I translated post 1: English -> Russian -> Spanish -> English and this is what we got now.

I translated post number 1 into redneck (here) and this is what we got (bolding is mine):

Sittin' in 1B on a long haul yessuhterday (thet unbeknownst t'me at th' time was a-gonna become 2 hours longer due t'weather) an' on overhaid a FA cornvahsashun thet gave me a fine chuckle. When th' boardin' dore closed, one seat in FC was open, as enny fool kin plainly see. Th' FA looked at th' upgrade list an' sought out th' #1 waitlisted Medallion member seated back in 23F t'let him knows he c'd move t'fust class. She approached him jest as th' 'turn off yer cell phones' message was completed, cuss it all t' tarnation. He happened t'be on his cell phone, when she spoke up t'offer him th' seat all she got out was "Suh...". He went ballistic, yellin' at her thet he was on an impo'tant call, he'd git off th' dadburn phone when he was done, an' t'git off his back. Shet mah mouth!

She proceeded t'tell #2 on th' list th' FC seat was open fo' him t'take.
Now if that doesn't help, how about Swedish Chef ;) ?

Seetting in 1B oon a lung hool yesterdey (thet unbeknoonst tu me-a et zee teeme-a ves gueeng tu becume-a 2 huoors lunger dooe-a tu veezeer) und ooferheed a FA cunferseshun thet gefe-a me-a a guud choockle-a. Vhee zee buerdeeng duur clused, oone-a seet in FC ves oopee. Zee FA luuked et zee upgrede-a leest und suooght oooot zee #1 veeetlisted Medelleeun member seeted beck in 23F tu let heem knoo he-a cuoold mufe-a tu furst cless. Um gesh dee bork, bork! She-a epprueched heem joost es zee 'toorn ooffff yuoor cell phunes' messege-a ves cumpleted. Bork bork bork! He-a heppened tu be-a oon hees cell phune-a, vhee she-a spuke-a up tu ooffffer heem zee seet ell she-a gut oooot ves "Sur...". He-a vent belleestic, yelleeng et her thet he-a ves oon un impurtunt cell, he'd get ooffff zee demn phune-a vhee he-a ves dune-a, und tu get ooffff hees beck.

She-a pruceeded tu tell #2 oon zee leest zee FC seet ves oopee fur heem tu teke-a.

SkyBuck Jun 25, 2010 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by KenfromDE (Post 14188924)
I finally got the whole, true story. The FA was trying to eject the passenger from his favorite seat, 23F, and force him to sit in FC. He called the elite line to complain and was told by the FA to turn off the phone. He tried to explain to the FA, who was hard of hearing, and therefore had to yell. Meanwhile the cat under the neighboring seat got out of the cage and ate his celery. The empty first class seat was given to the cat and the flight was mouse free. ;)

Well of course the flight was mouse free, no thanks to the cat. Haven't you heard? Once the mice found out about the fake cheese in the SkyClubs they turned tail and switched en mousse to Star Alliance because of the squeaky clean reviews of their LX cheese. All of them, from the Diamond Mouse (DM) and Platinum Mouse (PM) to the country mouse and city mouse. Think about it; when was the last time you saw a mouse on a Delta plane anyway, unless it was a flight to or from Mouse Capital Orlando?

Though it must be said that some airports still report problems with gate mice.

blagger Jun 25, 2010 11:21 pm

So how did the cat end up in Cleveland instead of Boston?

Evan! Jun 26, 2010 4:01 am

Originally Posted by blagger (Post 14197336)
So how did the cat end up in Cleveland instead of Boston?

Because Cleveland starts with "c" and cat starts with "c". Really folks this is not rocket science.

DLNYC Jun 26, 2010 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Evan! (Post 14197799)
Because Cleveland starts with "c" and cat starts with "c". Really folks this is not rocket science.

I heard the turtle launched a negative campaign in the press when his dog never turned up in Cleveland. He was told the dog must have escaped from his carrier somewhere in Mexico.