FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Rude FF gets his due... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1092050-rude-ff-gets-his-due.html)

RCarverJr Jun 3, 2010 12:18 pm

Rude FF gets his due...

Sitting in 1B on a long haul yesterday (that unbeknownst to me at the time was going to become 2 hours longer due to weather) and overhead a FA conversation that gave me a good chuckle.

When the boarding door closed, one seat in FC was open. The FA looked at the upgrade list and sought out the #1 waitlisted Medallion member seated back in 23F to let him know he could move to first class. She approached him just as the 'turn off your cell phones' message was completed. He happened to be on his cell phone, when she spoke up to offer him the seat all she got out was "Sir...". He went ballistic, yelling at her that he was on an important call, he'd get off the damn phone when he was done, and to get off his back.

She proceeded to tell #2 on the list the FC seat was open for him to take.

:D

JOSECONLSCREW28 Jun 3, 2010 12:24 pm

Well that sucks for him, tht FA was letting him knw he can move from his coach seat, to a FC seat, but he lost his chance, so therefore number 2 got his chance.

mrredskin Jun 3, 2010 12:35 pm

she should have kicked him off the flight if he did exactly as you described

WBurcham Jun 3, 2010 12:45 pm

Ouch.

motytrah Jun 3, 2010 12:48 pm

Ahh, Karma!

apados Jun 3, 2010 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by RCarverJr (Post 14070587)
She proceeded to tell #2 on the list the FC seat was open for him to take.

:D

Nicely done!

flsunshineflyer Jun 3, 2010 1:02 pm

Nice to hear!

itsaboutthejourney Jun 3, 2010 1:04 pm

I like hearing stories like this! ^

ucla99 Jun 3, 2010 1:04 pm

#2 deserved the upgrade much more than #1! There's no reason to be rude to a FA. If it really is that important of a call, he could politely say, I'll be off in just a minute. Being rude is not going to get him anywhere. Or he could just take the next flight out and stay on the call.

sterno24 Jun 3, 2010 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by RCarverJr (Post 14070587)
He went ballistic, yelling at her that he was on an important call, he'd get off the damn phone when he was done, and to get off his back.

Karma indeed.

Just wondering...has anyone ever been on the other end of the phone when this happens?

I don't know how I would react if someone I was talking to/doing business with reacted like that.

Granted...maybe it was a personal call...or even quickly muted.

Just wondering...

Personally...whether business or personal...if someone on the other end of the line did that...I would hang up.

irishguy28 Jun 3, 2010 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 (Post 14070625)
Well that sucks for him, tht FA was letting him knw he can move from his coach seat, to a FC seat, but he lost his chance, so therefore number 2 got his chance.

Really?

WesNSpace Jun 3, 2010 1:05 pm

Bravo!

FlyingUnderTheRadar Jun 3, 2010 1:23 pm

What would have been icing, is if later the FA went back to the PAX and said something along the lines of, "Sir the reason I was trying to talk with you is because we had a FC seat available but because you asked not to be interrupted I gave the seat to another PAX."

dollerman73 Jun 3, 2010 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar (Post 14071038)
What would have been icing, is if later the FA went back to the PAX and said something along the lines of, "Sir the reason I was trying to talk with you is because we had a FC seat available but because you asked not to be interrupted I gave the seat to another PAX."

Oh can you imagine? The volcanic ash spewing forth from his ears would surely have grounded the flight for weeks!:D

Buster CT1K Jun 3, 2010 1:30 pm

Can't wait to check the other side of the story about shenanigans!